Mike

Default Is my soymilk going bad? I don't know how to tell.

I purchased several containers of vanilla soy milk from the store
about a month ago. It's the kind where it doesn't have to be
refrigerated until it's been opened. The expiration date is for
something like July 2004. The first two boxes were fine but this third
one smells like eggs. I think it smells like hard-boiled eggs, I‘m not
really sure though. It also doesn't taste like anything where the
first two tasted like vanilla soy milk. The container had been stored
in my dining room where the temperature is probably around 68 degrees
Fahrenheit. Is this milk going bad?
Rubystars

"Mike" > wrote in message
m...
> I purchased several containers of vanilla soy milk from the store
> about a month ago. It's the kind where it doesn't have to be
> refrigerated until it's been opened. The expiration date is for
> something like July 2004. The first two boxes were fine but this third
> one smells like eggs. I think it smells like hard-boiled eggs, I'm not
> really sure though. It also doesn't taste like anything where the
> first two tasted like vanilla soy milk. The container had been stored
> in my dining room where the temperature is probably around 68 degrees
> Fahrenheit. Is this milk going bad?

When in doubt, throw it out.

-Rubystars

Sabine Blochberger

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Mike" > wrote in message
> m...
> > I purchased several containers of vanilla soy milk from the store
> > about a month ago. It's the kind where it doesn't have to be
> > refrigerated until it's been opened. The expiration date is for
> > something like July 2004. The first two boxes were fine but this third
> > one smells like eggs. I think it smells like hard-boiled eggs, I'm not
> > really sure though. It also doesn't taste like anything where the
> > first two tasted like vanilla soy milk. The container had been stored
> > in my dining room where the temperature is probably around 68 degrees
> > Fahrenheit. Is this milk going bad?

> When in doubt, throw it out.
>
> -Rubystars

I'd write to the manufacturer and ask for a refund. After all it's in the
valid date... And it gives them the chance to check their production...

I'm more like "if in doubt, complain"

Michael Balarama

"Mike" > wrote in message
m...
> I purchased several containers of vanilla soy milk from the store
> about a month ago. It's the kind where it doesn't have to be
> refrigerated until it's been opened. The expiration date is for
> something like July 2004. The first two boxes were fine but this third
> one smells like eggs. I think it smells like hard-boiled eggs, I'm not
> really sure though. It also doesn't taste like anything where the
> first two tasted like vanilla soy milk. The container had been stored
> in my dining room where the temperature is probably around 68 degrees
> Fahrenheit. Is this milk going bad?

that is the smell of soy milk gone bad-actually most things that smell
different and then like eggs have turned bad

Mike

Ok, now some three days later it smells and tastes fine. Very odd.

> "Mike" > wrote in message
> m...
> > I purchased several containers of vanilla soy milk from the store
> > about a month ago. It's the kind where it doesn't have to be
> > refrigerated until it's been opened. The expiration date is for
> > something like July 2004. The first two boxes were fine but this third
> > one smells like eggs. I think it smells like hard-boiled eggs, I'm not
> > really sure though. It also doesn't taste like anything where the
> > first two tasted like vanilla soy milk. The container had been stored
> > in my dining room where the temperature is probably around 68 degrees
> > Fahrenheit. Is this milk going bad?

Beach Runner

Once it is opened, it goes bad quickly.

In general, you want to eat only very fresh foood, regardless of the date.

Mike wrote:

>Ok, now some three days later it smells and tastes fine. Very odd.

. com...

Soymilk Nancy Young General Cooking 11 27-02-2005 05:52 PM
Soymilk maker zxcvbob General Cooking 9 07-12-2004 11:16 AM
making soymilk by hand t.racer Vegan 2 04-02-2004 07:35 AM
soymilk makers zxcvbob Preserving 4 21-12-2003 04:15 AM
reviews of soymilk makers?? Gary Beckwith Vegan 1 13-10-2003 11:57 AM