JNJ

Default Need a bean recipe....

We've been cleaning up our cabinets and I found that I have a BUNCH of beans
that just gotta be cooked up. I have....

Red kidney beans
Black eyed peas
Black beans
Navy Beans
Garbanzo Beans
Lentils
Pearled Barley

Any suggestions on some recipes that we could use?

James

Rubystars

"JNJ" > wrote in message >...
> We've been cleaning up our cabinets and I found that I have a BUNCH of beans
> that just gotta be cooked up. I have....
>
> Red kidney beans
> Black eyed peas
> Black beans
> Navy Beans
> Garbanzo Beans
> Lentils
> Pearled Barley
>
> Any suggestions on some recipes that we could use?
>
> James

Cook a mix of them together, mix with rice or cous cous and chow down.

The garbanzo beans could be cooked and mashed up, mixed with diced
onion and carrot, a little olive oil, and fried like patties.

Use the lentils to stuff bell peppers along with other good stuff like
rice and diced tomatoes.

Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, and potatoes, vegetable broth, along
with some beans in a pot and cook them up. You can mix in pasta or
cous cous or rice afterward.

Make a stuffing with some of the beans for stuffing a winter squash,
that would be awesome. I haven't done that before but it sounds
good. Maybe mix the squash pulp up with some beans and spices.
usual suspect

JNJ wrote:
> We've been cleaning up our cabinets and I found that I have a BUNCH of beans
> that just gotta be cooked up. I have....
>
> Red kidney beans
> Black eyed peas
> Black beans
> Navy Beans
> Garbanzo Beans
> Lentils
> Pearled Barley
>
> Any suggestions on some recipes that we could use?

Mix them all together and make bean soup.

MrFalafel

"JNJ" > wrote in message >...
> We've been cleaning up our cabinets and I found that I have a BUNCH of beans
> that just gotta be cooked up. I have....
>
> Red kidney beans
> Black eyed peas
> Black beans
> Navy Beans
> Garbanzo Beans
> Lentils
> Pearled Barley
>
> Any suggestions on some recipes that we could use?
>
> James

Take your pick from this huge list of recipes:

http://www.vegan-food.net/index.cgi?legumes

Bean burrito recipe Ken[_9_] General Cooking 12 10-09-2008 09:03 PM
Bean dip recipe? zxcvbob General Cooking 23 15-04-2006 07:18 PM
REQ: Fritos Bean Dip Recipe Recipes 1 25-01-2006 04:56 AM
Need baked bean recipe. Julie Bove Diabetic 22 28-07-2005 11:14 PM
Green bean recipe? Vegan 1 29-08-2004 06:50 PM