Default Least harm: a defense of vegetarianism from Steven Davis’s omnivorous proposal

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:11:58 +0000, LordSnooty > wrote:

>What ****flap crutch didn't want us to see, about Davis study.
>
>that vegetarianism is the least harm in food production.
>
>No one ever claimed it was perfect, but it's a darn sight better than
>an omnivorous diet.

[...]

From the life and death of a 1000 lb grass raised steer people can
get over 700 severings of beef. Just a few servings of tofu are likely
to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings of grass
raised beef. From the life and death of a grass raised dairy cow people
can get thousands of servings of dairy products. Just a few servings
of rice or soy milk are likely to involve more animal deaths than
hundreds of servings of grass raised cow milk. People can get many
servings of meat from large animals who are hunted. People who
eat mostly grass raised or hunted animal products are almost certain
to contribute to fewer animal deaths than most veg*ns. Most of the
deaths the diets of such omnivores do contribute to are involved with
the vegetable products they consume.

ping Emery Davis John T Wine 2 01-05-2008 08:02 AM
Shout out to Emery Davis Chris Sprague Wine 14 06-10-2007 01:07 PM
vegetarians and least harm dh@. Vegan 4 19-09-2005 05:46 PM
Which is better: Siebel or UC Davis [email protected] Beer 8 09-04-2005 12:18 AM
The Least Harm Principle [email protected] Vegan 129 16-01-2004 01:22 AM