Sheetal Sharma

Default recipies

does anyone know any simple indian recipies that i can make using potatoes
onions and tomatoes???I have run outta ideas! Has to be vegetarian. I have
all the spices.

Thanx

BlueHeron

Default Rasdar Aloo

I don't have a pressure cooker, so I pre-cooked my potatoes in the
microwave first. Also, I used chick peas instead of green peas. I also
added some chunky TVP. This recipe lends itself to "playing".

-- Blue

Ingredients

6 large potatoes, cut into about 6 to 8 chunks each.
2 cup fresh or frozen green peas, the smaller the better
3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
2 medium sized onions, diced
2 green chili peppers, chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 clove garlic
a few stalks of cilantro and assorted herbs
lemon concentrate
salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Method

1. Pressure cook potato chunks and peas for about 6 minutes.
2. Dice onions, chop ginger, green chili and garlic.
3. Heat a little oil, add onions and saute till golden. Add chopped
ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chili now and saute.
4. Add turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder and garam masala powder.
Stir continuously until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute until tomato pieces are wilted.
6. Add potatoes, peas from pressure cooker. Top with 1-and-1/2 cups of
water. Add salt according to your taste. Simmer on low heat until gravy
thickens slightly.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, squeeze a few drops of lemon
juice and serve hot.

Sheetal Sharma wrote:

> does anyone know any simple indian recipies that i can make using potatoes
> onions and tomatoes???I have run outta ideas! Has to be vegetarian. I have
> all the spices.
>
> Thanx

nemo

Looks good. I'll try it!

Indian policeman in the UK: "Aloo aloo aloo!"

)

Nemo
(They still ain't found me!)