Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default what about the plants rights?

Hey people.... what about the carrots right to life, liberty and the
pursuit of happiness.

How many potatoes have been savagely ripped from the soil to be thrown
live into a pot of boiling water and mashed into a mush?

How many baby spinach leaves and strawbwrries and apples are torn from
the plant only to be pureed into a smoothie?

Do they not feel the life ebbing from their cells? Do they not have a
right to life? Do they not have a right be left un-molested?

How can we justify cutting their lives short merely to feed our
apetites? For shame, for shame.

TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

umm, your a moron

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey people.... what about the carrots right to life, liberty and the
> pursuit of happiness.
>
> How many potatoes have been savagely ripped from the soil to be thrown
> live into a pot of boiling water and mashed into a mush?
>
> How many baby spinach leaves and strawbwrries and apples are torn from
> the plant only to be pureed into a smoothie?
>
> Do they not feel the life ebbing from their cells? Do they not have a
> right to life? Do they not have a right be left un-molested?
>
> How can we justify cutting their lives short merely to feed our
> apetites? For shame, for shame.
>
> TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

So you are saying that the concept of plant life being important in the
larger scheme of things is stupid. That plants and their lives are
completely unimportant and ought to not be considered. Is that it?

TC

Anonymous wrote:
> umm, your a moron
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hey people.... what about the carrots right to life, liberty and the
> > pursuit of happiness.
> >
> > How many potatoes have been savagely ripped from the soil to be thrown
> > live into a pot of boiling water and mashed into a mush?
> >
> > How many baby spinach leaves and strawbwrries and apples are torn from
> > the plant only to be pureed into a smoothie?
> >
> > Do they not feel the life ebbing from their cells? Do they not have a
> > right to life? Do they not have a right be left un-molested?
> >
> > How can we justify cutting their lives short merely to feed our
> > apetites? For shame, for shame.
> >
> > TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hey people.... what about the carrots right to life, liberty and the
> > > pursuit of happiness.

> > You eat the apple...not the tree.
> >

> A carrot does not have a Central Nervous System and therefore it cannot know
> anything about rights, or anything at all.

Is that all that is needed to know about rights? A central nervous
system?

> There are quite a few people about who do not seem to have a Central Nervous
> System too - except the rights they don't know about or don't want to know
> about are those of other people which include the right to decide not to eat
> animals or use animal products.

So, do I have a right to choose to eat meat? It seems that my ethics
are questioned every time I mention meat. If I have a right to eat
meat, then I have a right to harvest animals for food. Right? So if I
have the right to kill and eat any animal I want then why the hell are
my ethical values called into question?

The only question I have regarding veganism is the intelligence or lack
of it in that decision.

I have a right to eat meat and so do my children without PETA
convincing them otherwise against my wishes.

If this is about rights, then vegans have the right to keep their
idiotic vegan nonsense to themselves.

TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default what about the plants rights? - Just another troll - rather a clever one though - or at least he thinks he is!

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> nemo wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...

> > > You eat the apple...not the tree.
> > >

> > A carrot does not have a Central Nervous System and therefore it cannot

know
> > anything about rights, or anything at all.

> Is that all that is needed to know about rights? A central nervous
> system?
>

> > There are quite a few people about who do not seem to have a Central

Nervous
> > System too - except the rights they don't know about or don't want to

know
> > about are those of other people which include the right to decide not to

eat
> > animals or use animal products.

> So, do I have a right to choose to eat meat?

Of course. I never said otherwise.

> It seems that my ethics
> are questioned every time I mention meat. If I have a right to eat
> meat, then I have a right to harvest animals for food. Right? So if I
> have the right to kill and eat any animal I want then why the hell are
> my ethical values called into question?

But why come onto a Vegan group and promulgate meat?

> The only question I have regarding veganism is the intelligence or lack
> of it in that decision.

Well that makes you a troll then, as does your posting something silly to
elicit an reaspose in reply to which you take teh opportunity to come out
with a load of self-righteous clap-trap and false assumptions about the
interloquitor you've attracted simply as a means of provoking him as a means
of punishinhg him for being Vegan - for 45 years BTW! - so you're a little
late to try to persuade me to revert now.

So . . . . goodbye!

> I have a right to eat meat and so do my children without PETA
> convincing them otherwise against my wishes.
>
> If this is about rights, then vegans have the right to keep their
> idiotic vegan nonsense to themselves.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> > > ups.com...

> > > A carrot does not have a Central Nervous System and therefore it cannot

> know
> > > anything about rights, or anything at all.

> > Is that all that is needed to know about rights? A central nervous
> > system?
> >

> > > There are quite a few people about who do not seem to have a Central

> Nervous
> > > System too - except the rights they don't know about or don't want to

> know
> > > about are those of other people which include the right to decide not to

> eat
> > > animals or use animal products.

> > So, do I have a right to choose to eat meat?

> Of course. I never said otherwise.
>
> > It seems that my ethics
> > are questioned every time I mention meat. If I have a right to eat
> > meat, then I have a right to harvest animals for food. Right? So if I
> > have the right to kill and eat any animal I want then why the hell are
> > my ethical values called into question?

> But why come onto a Vegan group and promulgate meat?

Because Vegans insist that I am ethically wrong for eating meat. And
they back groups like PETA that do public events to convince my
children that I am wrong and they are right, both in terms of nutrition
and in terms of ethics. And I resent the hell out of that.

It is important for vegans and vegan-wannabees to understand clearly
that there is no ethical question about harvesting animals for food. It
is what we are and what we do.

It is important for vegans and vegan-wannabees to understand that
nutritionally speaking, veganisn is an incomplete diet deficient in
many nutrients. It is not healthier than a diet with meat in it.

These are the facts and to pretend otherwise is only to cause people
nutritional amd health d
damage.

And I am exercising my freedom of speech on a public forum which is
also my right.

> > The only question I have regarding veganism is the intelligence or lack
> > of it in that decision.

> Well that makes you a troll then, as does your posting something silly to
> elicit an reaspose in reply to which you take teh opportunity to come out
> with a load of self-righteous clap-trap and false assumptions about the
> interloquitor you've attracted simply as a means of provoking him as a means
> of punishinhg him for being Vegan - for 45 years BTW! - so you're a little
> late to try to persuade me to revert now.
>
> So . . . . goodbye!

Not a troll. Think of me as a font of wisdom. You can partake of my
wisdom or ignore it. Your choice. You've been ignoring reality for 45
years, there is nothing stopping you from ignoring my wisdom here for
as long as you wish.

Your choice.

> > I have a right to eat meat and so do my children without PETA
> > convincing them otherwise against my wishes.
> >
> > If this is about rights, then vegans have the right to keep their
> > idiotic vegan nonsense to themselves.
> >

> Quod erat demonstrandum.

Ab asino lanam

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> [...]

out
> > with a load of self-righteous clap-trap and false assumptions about the
> > interloquitor you've attracted simply as a means of provoking him as a

means
> > of punishinhg him for being Vegan - for 45 years BTW! - so you're a

little
> > late to try to persuade me to revert now.
> >
> > So . . . . goodbye!

> Not a troll. Think of me as a font of wisdom. You can partake of my
> wisdom or ignore it. Your choice. You've been ignoring reality for 45
> years, there is nothing stopping you from ignoring my wisdom here for
> as long as you wish.
>
> Your choice.
>

> > > I have a right to eat meat and so do my children without PETA
> > > convincing them otherwise against my wishes.
> > >
> > > If this is about rights, then vegans have the right to keep their

Du bist dem groyster narrisher putz in der gantzer welt!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> > > oups.com...

> the

> cannot
> > > know

> > > Nervous

> > > know

> not to
> > > eat

> > > Of course. I never said otherwise.

> > > But why come onto a Vegan group and promulgate meat?

> > Because Vegans insist that I am ethically wrong for eating meat. And
> > they back groups like PETA that do public events to convince my
> > children that I am wrong and they are right, both in terms of nutrition
> > and in terms of ethics. And I resent the hell out of that.
> >
> > It is important for vegans and vegan-wannabees to understand clearly
> > that there is no ethical question about harvesting animals for food. It
> > is what we are and what we do.
> >
> > It is important for vegans and vegan-wannabees to understand that
> > nutritionally speaking, veganisn is an incomplete diet deficient in
> > many nutrients. It is not healthier than a diet with meat in it.
> >
> > These are the facts and to pretend otherwise is only to cause people
> > nutritional amd health d
> > damage.
> >
> > And I am exercising my freedom of speech on a public forum which is
> > also my right.

> lack
> > >
> > > Well that makes you a troll then, as does your posting something silly

> > > elicit an reaspose in reply to which you take teh opportunity to come

> out
> > > with a load of self-righteous clap-trap and false assumptions about the
> > > interloquitor you've attracted simply as a means of provoking him as a

> means
> > > of punishinhg him for being Vegan - for 45 years BTW! - so you're a

> little
> > > late to try to persuade me to revert now.
> > >
> > > So . . . . goodbye!

> > Not a troll. Think of me as a font of wisdom. You can partake of my
> > wisdom or ignore it. Your choice. You've been ignoring reality for 45
> > years, there is nothing stopping you from ignoring my wisdom here for
> > as long as you wish.
> >
> > Your choice.

> > > Quod erat demonstrandum.

> > Ab asino lanam
> >

> Du bist dem groyster narrisher putz in der gantzer welt!

Vganism ist noch dumm!

what about the plants rights? And what about animal rights? Vegan 23 28-11-2006 05:55 AM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 4 30-10-2006 03:54 PM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 2 27-10-2006 03:09 PM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 0 20-10-2006 07:38 PM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 0 20-10-2006 07:32 PM