Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default what about the plants rights?

I forget to say,
YES PLANTS DO HAVE RIGHTS!
We must take care of our whole planet, even PLANTS!
Respect for any kind of life forms!
Not to destroy or making big money of what nature made for us!

Nature has worked millions years to give what we live in now,
human kind needs only 200 years to destroy everything!!!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 20 Oct 2006 18:37:57 GMT, > wrote:

>I forget to say,
>YES PLANTS DO HAVE RIGHTS!
>We must take care of our whole planet, even PLANTS!
>Respect for any kind of life forms!

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Go eat a chicken! And while you're at it, try to do some thorough
research on what kind of life that chicken had.

Vegans don't consider themselves to be saints -- we don't pretend that
we aren't living and participating in a society where animals are bred
to be killed. We simply don't want to participate in the torturous
conditions that animals are forced to endure for someone to buy a cute
pair of shoes or eat some cheddar cheese.

On Oct 27, 10:10 am, dh@. wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2006 18:37:57 GMT, > wrote:
>
> >I forget to say,
> >YES PLANTS DO HAVE RIGHTS!
> >We must take care of our whole planet, even PLANTS!
> >Respect for any kind of life forms!· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of

> wood and paper products, electricity, roads and all types of
> buildings, their own diet, etc... just as everyone else does.
> What they try to avoid are products which provide life
> (and death) for farm animals, but even then they would have
> to avoid the following in order to be successful:
>
> Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
> Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
> Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
> Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
> Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
> Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
> Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings
>
> The meat industry provides life for the animals that it
> slaughters, and the animals live and die as a result of it
> as animals do in other habitats. They also depend on it for
> their lives as animals do in other habitats. If people consume
> animal products from animals they think are raised in decent
> ways, they will be promoting life for more such animals in the
> future. People who want to contribute to decent lives for
> livestock with their lifestyle must do it by being conscientious
> consumers of animal products, because they can not do it by
> being vegan.
> From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
> steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
> get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat...that's well
> over 500 servings of meat. From a grass raised dairy cow people
> get thousands of dairy servings. Due to the influence of farm
> machinery, and *icides, and in the case of rice the flooding and
> draining of fields, one serving of soy or rice based product is
> likely to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings
> derived from grass raised animals. Grass raised animal products
> contribute to fewer wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and
> better lives for livestock than soy or rice products. ·

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Hannah wrote:
> Go eat a chicken! And while you're at it, try to do some thorough
> research on what kind of life that chicken had.

I care what kind of life that chicken had. Which is why I buy my
chickens whole from a local farmer who lets them run free and eat their
natural foods and give them access to clean water, etc. I don't want to
eat a half starved, egg-laying machine that was kept is filthy cages
fed pelletized foods and drinking filthy water. I want may chickens to
come from a good farm. It makes them so much tastier and more tender.

> Vegans don't consider themselves to be saints -- we don't pretend that

Actually, you all seem to have an absence of doubt with regards to your
views, and you do not hesitate to pontificate about your
holier-than-thou godliness in all things nutritional. When you call
meat eaters murderers and such you are placing yourselves and your
attitudes above us. That is as close as considering yourselves as
saints as I've ever seen.

> we aren't living and participating in a society where animals are bred

Because you are saints.....

> to be killed. We simply don't want to participate in the torturous
> conditions that animals are forced to endure for someone to buy a cute
> pair of shoes or eat some cheddar cheese.

How saintly of you.

I have no pretense of being something I am not. I am a carnivore, and I
enjoy it immensely.

TC

> On Oct 27, 10:10 am, dh@. wrote:
> > On 20 Oct 2006 18:37:57 GMT, > wrote:
> >
> > >I forget to say,
> > >YES PLANTS DO HAVE RIGHTS!
> > >We must take care of our whole planet, even PLANTS!
> > >Respect for any kind of life forms!· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of

> > wood and paper products, electricity, roads and all types of
> > buildings, their own diet, etc... just as everyone else does.
> > What they try to avoid are products which provide life
> > (and death) for farm animals, but even then they would have
> > to avoid the following in order to be successful:
> >
> > Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
> > Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
> > Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
> > Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
> > Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
> > Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
> > Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings
> >
> > The meat industry provides life for the animals that it
> > slaughters, and the animals live and die as a result of it
> > as animals do in other habitats. They also depend on it for
> > their lives as animals do in other habitats. If people consume
> > animal products from animals they think are raised in decent
> > ways, they will be promoting life for more such animals in the
> > future. People who want to contribute to decent lives for
> > livestock with their lifestyle must do it by being conscientious
> > consumers of animal products, because they can not do it by
> > being vegan.
> > From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
> > steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
> > get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat...that's well
> > over 500 servings of meat. From a grass raised dairy cow people
> > get thousands of dairy servings. Due to the influence of farm
> > machinery, and *icides, and in the case of rice the flooding and
> > draining of fields, one serving of soy or rice based product is
> > likely to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings
> > derived from grass raised animals. Grass raised animal products
> > contribute to fewer wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and
> > better lives for livestock than soy or rice products. ·

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 27 Oct 2006 21:22:20 -0700, "Hannah" > wrote:

>Go eat a chicken!

I'll eat about half of one. I'll start it defrosting right now.

>And while you're at it, try to do some thorough
>research on what kind of life that chicken had.

http://www.aces.edu/dept/nass/kidpag...ken%20barn.jpg

I hope it had a decent life of positive value. Some do and some
don't, but I believe the majority of them do. A lot more of them
would if their consumers cared imo.

>Vegans don't consider themselves to be saints -- we don't pretend that
>we aren't living and participating in a society where animals are bred
>to be killed. We simply don't want to participate in the torturous
>conditions

· Because there are so many different situations
involved in the raising of meat animals, it is completely
unfair to the animals to think of them all in the same
way, as "aras" appear to do. To think that all of it is
cruel, and to think of all animals which are raised for
the production of food in the same way, oversimplifies
and distorts one's interpretation of the way things
really are. Just as it would to think that there is no
cruelty or abuse at all.

Beef cattle spend nearly their entire lives outside
grazing, which is not a bad way to live. Veal are
confined to such a degree that they appear to have
terrible lives, so there's no reason to think of both
groups of animals in the same way.
Chickens raised as fryers and broilers, and egg
producers who are in a cage free environment--as well as
the birds who parent all of them, and the birds who parent
battery hens--are raised in houses, but not in cages. The
lives of those birds are not bad. Battery hens are confined
to cages, and have what appear to be terrible lives, so
there is no reason to think of battery hens and the other
groups in the same way. ·

>that animals are forced to endure for someone to buy a cute
>pair of shoes or eat some cheddar cheese.

At least you are considering their lives to some tiny
extent. No concern for the wildlife who are killed in
everything else we all contribute to, including our
vegetable products? We're all in on that, but sometimes
animal products contribute to fewer wildlife deaths than
vegetable products. Giving that much consideration
goes against veganism, but it's still a significant aspect
of the situation even if you don't like it.

>On Oct 27, 10:10 am, dh@. wrote:
>> On 20 Oct 2006 18:37:57 GMT, > wrote:
>>
>> >I forget to say,
>> >YES PLANTS DO HAVE RIGHTS!
>> >We must take care of our whole planet, even PLANTS!
>> >Respect for any kind of life forms!· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of

>> wood and paper products, electricity, roads and all types of
>> buildings, their own diet, etc... just as everyone else does.
>> What they try to avoid are products which provide life
>> (and death) for farm animals, but even then they would have
>> to avoid the following in order to be successful:
>>
>> Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
>> Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
>> Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
>> Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
>> Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
>> Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
>> Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings
>>
>> The meat industry provides life for the animals that it
>> slaughters, and the animals live and die as a result of it
>> as animals do in other habitats. They also depend on it for
>> their lives as animals do in other habitats. If people consume
>> animal products from animals they think are raised in decent
>> ways, they will be promoting life for more such animals in the
>> future. People who want to contribute to decent lives for
>> livestock with their lifestyle must do it by being conscientious
>> consumers of animal products, because they can not do it by
>> being vegan.
>> From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
>> steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
>> get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat...that's well
>> over 500 servings of meat. From a grass raised dairy cow people
>> get thousands of dairy servings. Due to the influence of farm
>> machinery, and *icides, and in the case of rice the flooding and
>> draining of fields, one serving of soy or rice based product is
>> likely to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings
>> derived from grass raised animals. Grass raised animal products
>> contribute to fewer wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and
>> better lives for livestock than soy or rice products. ·

what about the plants rights? And what about animal rights? Vegan 23 28-11-2006 05:55 AM
what about the plants rights? [email protected] Vegan 14 19-11-2006 02:04 AM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 2 27-10-2006 03:09 PM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 0 20-10-2006 07:38 PM
what about the plants rights? Vegan 0 20-10-2006 07:32 PM