Mydnight

Default The autumn pick.

>From what I hear, though I haven't drank too much of it yet, the autumn
Tie Guan Yin was about the same as the spring Tie Guan Yin...that is,
not as good as last year's. The weather and flooding in Fujian has
been horrible this year, so I guess we can only hope that it shapes up
for the Spring 06 pick.

You guys have any experience with the Autumn pick?

pilo_

Welcome back, mydnight.

Where you been?
Mydnight

>Welcome back, mydnight.
>Where you been?

Busy with classes, finding myself; you know, the usual. heh. I had to
come back to see if anybody had any info on the autumn pick, but I
guess nobody does.

I'll let ya'll know Friday or so; I'm going to Fangcun today.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SEb

Mydnight wrote:
>I had to come back to see if anybody had any info on the autumn pick, but I guess nobody does. I'll let ya'll know Friday or so; I'm going to Fangcun today.

[Seb - just coming back from Fang Cun]
Autumn harvest was good, in fact much better than spring! For tie guan
yin the quality of leaves and tea taste is pretty nice. There is some
pretty good Ben Shan as well.

Have fun on friday

SEb

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Chinesetea

Yes, Autumn harvest was good, especially Gande Ti Kuan yin (Gande is a
town where is famouse of producing fresh ti kuan yin) and Xiping Ti
Kuan yin (Xiping is the original place of ti kuan yin) are very good.
You can get some to try.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>Yes, Autumn harvest was good, especially Gande Ti Kuan yin (Gande is a
>town where is famouse of producing fresh ti kuan yin) and Xiping Ti
>Kuan yin (Xiping is the original place of ti kuan yin) are very good.
>You can get some to try.

I heard the xiping wasn't very good this year...where do you get your
information?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>From what I hear, though I haven't drank too much of it yet, the autumn
>Tie Guan Yin was about the same as the spring Tie Guan Yin...that is,
>not as good as last year's. The weather and flooding in Fujian has
>been horrible this year, so I guess we can only hope that it shapes up
>for the Spring 06 pick.

>You guys have any experience with the Autumn pick?

I'm here to report that the Autumn harvest is better than my
expectations. This year they were able to get quite a bit of "hao cha"
(good tea); much better than 2004 autumn. Tell you the truth, I
haven't had tea that's quite this good since the Autumn 2003 pick.
It's difficult to describe other than to say that it's smooth like silk
when you drink it, and it coats your mouth and throat with a slightly
buttery flavor.

This afternoon I was in tea heaven!

>Gande Ti Kuan yin

After trying the TieGuanYin from the Gande area, I had to buy 1.5 jin
of it. I did try the xiping, but I found it to be much more heavy than
the gande. The gande tea had a much better 'hui gan' and 'kou gan'.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Chinesetea

Mydnight, here is my experience of Xiping and Gande Ti Kuan Yin
difference.
Xiping Ti Kuan Yin: The soup is more heavy than the gande, which is the
very important characteristics of traditional ti kuan yin. The smel is
also very traditional for us to taste. The soup color is heavier than
Gande Ti Kuan Yin, which means "Kou Gan" and "hui Gan" is better.

Gande Ti Kuan Yin: The smell is much strong than Xiping Ti Kuan Yin,
the leaf is more green(is very fresh), beautiful than some green tea I
think.Below is the tea leaf brewing I took with Gande Ti Kuan Yin.

http://www.mrentea.com/en/bbs/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=81

I will show you more picture for the difference.

For me it is still very difficult to tell the difference for the two
kinds of teas, the best way to know it is to try the two teas.

Http;//www.mrentea.com/en

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>For me it is still very difficult to tell the difference for the two
>kinds of teas, the best way to know it is to try the two teas.

It was easier for me to tell the difference because my shop boss pal
didn't have such a high grade of the xiping. heh. Barring that, the
taste of the xiping was a bit stronger, but not as pleasant as the
gande. And, you're definitely right about the scent. The Gande was
much more "xiang" than the xiping.

But, overall, I thought both of the teas were quite light as compared
to the very astringent 2003 spring pick.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>But, overall, I thought both of the teas were quite light as compared
>to the very astringent 2003 spring pick.

I meant 2005 spring pick.

Hot tea for autumn toci Tea 3 25-09-2013 10:50 PM
Now that autumn is here... Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 5 14-10-2011 05:31 AM
Mmmm, autumn Serene Vannoy General Cooking 4 15-11-2008 08:05 AM
Autumn Casserole Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 20-11-2005 03:38 AM
Some autumn pick info. Mydnight Tea 5 11-08-2005 06:19 AM