Default Can someone do a literal translation of the word 'Tuocha' for mepls?

I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots and
meaning.

Thx in advance,
TBerk
Lewis Perin

T > writes:

> I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots
> and meaning.

Literally, Bowl Tea. What it means is tea pressed into the shape of a
bowl. The tea is usually Puerh, but not always. The bowls are as
small as 3g (so-called mini tuocha) and as big as hundreds of grams.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

T > writes:

> I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots
> and meaning.

Literally, Bowl Tea. What it means is tea pressed into the shape of a
bowl. The tea is usually Puerh, but not always. The bowls are as
small as 3g (so-called mini tuocha) and as big as hundreds of grams.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

T > writes:

> I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots
> and meaning.

Literally, Bowl Tea. What it means is tea pressed into the shape of a
bowl. The tea is usually Puerh, but not always. The bowls are as
small as 3g (so-called mini tuocha) and as big as hundreds of grams.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Space Cowboy

The three characters that make up TUO do not literally mean Bowl. Only
one, the last, is consistent across describing different types of bowls
and it is a character used for fluids. The character for small bowl is
Wan and not one of the three. I think the three characters are an
amalgamation for TUO pinyin with no literal translation except as we
see it in use. On this side of the ocean we describe it as 'bowl'.

Jim

Lewis Perin wrote:
> T > writes:
>
> > I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots
> > and meaning.

> Literally, Bowl Tea. What it means is tea pressed into the shape of

> bowl. The tea is usually Puerh, but not always. The bowls are as
> small as 3g (so-called mini tuocha) and as big as hundreds of grams.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Space Cowboy

Lewis Perin wrote:
> T > writes:
>
> > I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots
> > and meaning.

> Literally, Bowl Tea. What it means is tea pressed into the shape of

> bowl. The tea is usually Puerh, but not always. The bowls are as
> small as 3g (so-called mini tuocha) and as big as hundreds of grams.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Space Cowboy

Lewis Perin wrote:
> T > writes:
>
> > I am Google-ing but only finding it in common usage, not it's roots
> > and meaning.

> Literally, Bowl Tea. What it means is tea pressed into the shape of

> bowl. The tea is usually Puerh, but not always. The bowls are as
> small as 3g (so-called mini tuocha) and as big as hundreds of grams.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

danube

Here I read that Tuo means 'little bay on the river' but also 'bird's
nest'. The second phrase seems more apt to me.

JB
danube

Here I read that Tuo means 'little bay on the river' but also 'bird's
nest'. The second phrase seems more apt to me.

JB
Space Cowboy

Another translation you see for TUO puerh is 'peg-top'. The first
character you see for TuoLuo meaning Spinning Top is similar to the
last character you see for TUO. My dictionary shows TuoLuo but nothing
for 'peg'. So the three characters could mean 'peg-top' but definitely
not bowl or bird's nest.

Jim

danube wrote:
> Here I read that Tuo means 'little bay on the river' but also 'bird's
> nest'. The second phrase seems more apt to me.
>
> JB

Space Cowboy

danube wrote:
> Here I read that Tuo means 'little bay on the river' but also 'bird's
> nest'. The second phrase seems more apt to me.
>
> JB

ATTN: Bill S. -- Foie fools may be all too literal? Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 22-06-2007 10:06 PM
Strage Tuocha Dada Tea 7 02-09-2005 04:26 PM
"the tao of tea" ::TUOCHA :: Pu-er I'm Ted Jones Dammit!!! Tea 2 05-05-2005 08:14 PM
Chinatown Yunnan Tuocha The Laughing Rat Tea 9 26-02-2005 03:19 AM
A bottomless cup of cooked tuocha Space Cowboy Tea 3 13-10-2004 02:46 PM