Dada

Default Strage Tuocha

A mounth ago I have bought a box of green tea. This kind looks like
Toucha, because all lieves are pressed into a "nest" form. This box is
green and round. On the top there is written: "GREEN TEA YUNNAN -
Yunnansheng Xiaguan Chachang Chupin". The taste is a little bitter and
honeyed, like Formosa Gunpowder. I have looked in some books to find a
description of this tea, and, by that name, nothing was found. I am
wondering what other name it can have, and if Chachang Chupin is
another name for a better known tea. Anyone can help me?
Thank you
Space Cowboy

It's a tuocha found in almost any Chinatown. It's the best bang for
the penny anywhere. Others have bought it so I'll let them describe
their taste. I think you are brewing it too strong. It's an uncooked
or raw puer.

Yunnan sheng - Yunnan province
Xiaguan - the name of the factory
Cha chang - tea plant(factory)
Chu pin - product produce

Jim

Dada wrote:
> A mounth ago I have bought a box of green tea. This kind looks like
> Toucha, because all lieves are pressed into a "nest" form. This box is
> green and round. On the top there is written: "GREEN TEA YUNNAN -
> Yunnansheng Xiaguan Chachang Chupin". The taste is a little bitter and
> honeyed, like Formosa Gunpowder. I have looked in some books to find a
> description of this tea, and, by that name, nothing was found. I am
> wondering what other name it can have, and if Chachang Chupin is
> another name for a better known tea. Anyone can help me?
> Thank you

Space Cowboy

Sorry s/b produce product.

Jim

Space Cowboy wrote:
> Chu pin - product produce

Dada

Then it is a green and cheap pu-ehr?
I bought it because it was one of the first teas I tried when my
interest for it had started, a few years ago. Although, it doesn't
taste too bad, I think it is nice to drink.
Do you know any site where I can find something about green pu-erh?

>Sorry s/b produce product.
>
>Jim

>> Chu pin - product produce

Space Cowboy

Yep, worth every penny which is more than you can say about the stuff
costing much more. Look for the Xiaguan green/white box which is the
black version. Both should be on every tea lover's shelf. They're on
mine with plenty of both set aside not for aging perse but because it's
cheap and what the heck. Nothing impresses non tea drinkers more than
tea boxes with Chinese characters. I just gave a pair to a guy working
on my deck who drank tea. You can call me the Johhny Appleseed of the
pu.

Jim

Dada wrote:
> Then it is a green and cheap pu-ehr?
> I bought it because it was one of the first teas I tried when my
> interest for it had started, a few years ago. Although, it doesn't
> taste too bad, I think it is nice to drink.
> Do you know any site where I can find something about green pu-erh?
>
> >Sorry s/b produce product.
> >
> >Jim
> >
> >Space Cowboy wrote:
> >> Chu pin - product produce

pilo_

In article >,
Michael Plant > wrote:

> You could do a lot worse than to look over this site. The links are easy to
> follow, and you can explore or cut right to green pu-erh. You'll learn a lot
> along the way.

Welcome back, Michael! Where you been?
Any tall tales of tantalizing tea...? .......p*