siDetRaked

Default Good and not so good

I'm just getting into this tea drinking thing and so far it's been fun
tasting different teas.

Today I got in some white tea from the English Tea Store. It was a
bit weak but perhaps I should let it infuse longer. I used boiling
water and let it sit for 3 minutes. Also today my electric kettle
arrived.

So far of all the tea I've tasted I like from Upton, Bond Street
English Breakfast, Russian Caravan, Baker Street Afternoon Blend and
Richmond Park. From English Tea Store there is Earl Grey and
Buckingham Palace Party. My daughter brought me a sample of Irish
Breakfast from where she works the that was good too. And all green
teas from anywhere I'll try the White Tea again tomorrow.

I didn't like Imperial Republic Orchid Oolong.

So long,
--
siDetRaked
since 1938
Bluesea

"siDetRaked" > wrote in message

> Today I got in some white tea from the English Tea Store. It was a
> bit weak but perhaps I should let it infuse longer. I used boiling
> water...

Any particular reason for using boiling water?

--
~~Bluesea~~

siDetRaked

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:05:32 -0600, "Bluesea" >
wrote:

>Any particular reason for using boiling water?

That's what it said on the side of the can. I didn't know what to do
with it. Anyone know? Maybe that's why it didn't come out right?
--
siDetRaked
since 1938
siDetRaked

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:43:44 GMT, siDetRaked
> wrote:

>I'm just getting into this tea drinking thing and so far it's been fun
>tasting different teas.
>
>Today I got in some white tea from the English Tea Store. It was a
>bit weak but perhaps I should let it infuse longer. I used boiling
>water and let it sit for 3 minutes. Also today my electric kettle
>arrived.

I just read that I should have used slightly more leaves that usual
and to boil water and let it cool for 2 minutes first.
--
siDetRaked
since 1938
siDetRaked

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:15:36 GMT, pilo_ > wrote:

>With green and white teas, boiling water is too hot for the tender
>leaves. As a rule of thumb, I use water that has just begun to

Many thanks for the info.
--
siDetRaked
since 1938

Falky foo

yup that's about right. Pretty soon you'll be able to tell how hot the
water is to within a few degrees just by listening to it bubble and fizz.