Alex Chaihorsky

Default Yunnan Tiocha or $1.49

Gusy -

Several days ago I bought some (actually all of them) Yunnan TuoCha 100g
single mushrooms Green Puerh from a Chinese store in SF bay area @1.49 each
and 1 pound HongKong-made black beencha for $5.99. While I am not a big fan
of black puerh, (its a good quality puerh, just not my taste) the green
TuoCha is fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. I bought all they had and am looking
forward raiding them again. Apparently Chinese in the US are not very
interested in these and looked at me with funny faces when I cleaned the
shelf. Another stupid laowai! As the owner told me with a sigh, his Chinese
customers buy mostly teabag teas. He himself was drinking loose Long Jin the
smell of which made my knees weaken

Sasha.

Lewis Perin

"Alex Chaihorsky" > writes:

> Gusy -
>
> Several days ago I bought some (actually all of them) Yunnan TuoCha 100g
> single mushrooms Green Puerh from a Chinese store in SF bay area @1.49 each
> and 1 pound HongKong-made black beencha for $5.99. While I am not a big fan
> of black puerh, (its a good quality puerh, just not my taste) the green
> TuoCha is fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.

Does the wrapper say JIA JI TUOCHA, and does the Chinese mention
standards it obeys but not its origin? If so, come to New York and
get it for $1.25, or $5 for a 5-pack.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Alex Chaihorsky

No, no Jia Ji, just Yunnan Tio Cha, but its from Yunan Xia Guan factory.

Sasha.

news

Yunnan white tea Space Cowboy Tea 0 24-07-2009 02:30 PM
Anyone heard from Yunnan LLC lately ? Mal from Oz Tea 3 01-04-2008 01:19 AM
Hailstorm in Yunnan beecrofter Tea 2 13-04-2007 12:32 PM
Yunnan Sourcing LLC Draconus Tea 16 12-01-2007 07:26 PM
Greetings from Yunnan Karsten Tea 4 07-10-2003 09:00 AM