Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Yunnan Sourcing LLC

Has anybody had any experience with this distributor ?

Has a 'store' on eBay.

I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
appears to have a large inventory.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Been doing about a years worth of repeat business with YS, problems are
handled when they arise, communication is good, no games are played.
What more could you want?
Draconus wrote:
> Has anybody had any experience with this distributor ?
>
> Has a 'store' on eBay.
>
> I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
> appears to have a large inventory.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Not a lot actually !

Cheers
Mal
Oz

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Been doing about a years worth of repeat business with YS, problems are
> handled when they arise, communication is good, no games are played.
> What more could you want?
> Draconus wrote:
>> Has anybody had any experience with this distributor ?
>>
>> Has a 'store' on eBay.
>>
>> I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
>> appears to have a large inventory.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Mal
>> Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> Been doing about a years worth of repeat business with YS, problems are
> handled when they arise, communication is good, no games are played.

Ditto, well said.

I have been doing business with him ever since he opened up.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jan 4, 10:30 am, "Mike Petro" > wrote:
> > Been doing about a years worth of repeat business with YS, problems are
> > handled when they arise, communication is good, no games are played.Ditto, well said.

> I have been doing business with him ever since he opened up.
>
> Mikehttp://www.pu-erh.net

Funnily enough, I just received my first shipment from him today. I'll
add to the chorus of praise - his shipping was very fast and all the
tea looks great.

Along with the tea, I got one of those pu'er trays. It's a revelation.
I encourage everyone to get one.

Alex
Drinking some 80's XG qingtou from Hou De, and it is quite nice

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

YSLLC has my vote of confidence as a vendor with excellent ethics and
service.

Phyll

Alex wrote:
> On Jan 4, 10:30 am, "Mike Petro" > wrote:
> > > Been doing about a years worth of repeat business with YS, problems are
> > > handled when they arise, communication is good, no games are played.Ditto, well said.

> > I have been doing business with him ever since he opened up.
> >
> > Mikehttp://www.pu-erh.net

> Funnily enough, I just received my first shipment from him today. I'll
> add to the chorus of praise - his shipping was very fast and all the
> tea looks great.
>
> Along with the tea, I got one of those pu'er trays. It's a revelation.
> I encourage everyone to get one.
>
> Alex
> Drinking some 80's XG qingtou from Hou De, and it is quite nice

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Alex" > writes:

> [...Yunnan Sourcing is terrific...]
>
> Along with the tea, I got one of those pu'er trays. It's a revelation.
> I encourage everyone to get one.

That would be

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-Tray-for-...item4454817960

Right?

Does it do anything more than brace the cake or brick while you try to
attack the tea rather than yourself?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Phyll" > writes:

> YSLLC has my vote of confidence as a vendor with excellent ethics and
> service.

Agreed. And, as anyone who's seen the first edition of the
much-discussed-here The Art of Tea magazine can see, YSLLC's
proprietor knows a lot about the Pu'er industry and has a lively mind.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
recent addition: yi qi yi qiang
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jan 4, 2:45 pm, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> "Alex" > writes:
> > [...Yunnan Sourcing is terrific...]

> > Along with the tea, I got one of those pu'er trays. It's a revelation.
> > I encourage everyone to get one.That would be

> http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-Tray-for-...our-Pu-erh-tea...
>
> Right?
>
> Does it do anything more than brace the cake or brick while you try to
> attack the tea rather than yourself?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

That's the one. It braces the cake, it keeps chipped-off pieces from
flying across the room, you can chip at a tilted angle which reduces
the need for a third hand and seems to reduce the risk of stabbing
yourself, and you can funnel the loose tea out the missing corner. It
also looks much better than the ordinary dinner plate I was using
before.

I got a pu'er knife too, but honestly I think an oyster knife (with a
wider, flatter blade) would probably work better.

Alex

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> I got a pu'er knife too, but honestly I think an oyster knife (with a
> wider, flatter blade) would probably work better.

I have tried several Puerh knives and didnt like any of them, they were
all too small for hands and I could get a good grip on them. I then
tried a variety of Oyster knives and found that the Dexter Russell
10483 Oyster Knife 2-3/4" Providence model worked best for me. It has a
short but wide blade that is very effective.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Great minds think alike ! Yes, this is what I intend to purchase (hence my
original query) - a simple but most effective device it seems.

Appreciate all the other feedback too folks.

Thanks
Cheers
Mal
Oz

"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> "Alex" > writes:
>
>> [...Yunnan Sourcing is terrific...]
>>
>> Along with the tea, I got one of those pu'er trays. It's a revelation.
>> I encourage everyone to get one.

> That would be
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-Tray-for-...item4454817960
>
> Right?
>
> Does it do anything more than brace the cake or brick while you try to
> attack the tea rather than yourself?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Draconus wrote:
> Has anybody had any experience with this distributor? ...
> I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
> appears to have a large inventory.

Plus plenty more available that isn't listed, and he can pick up many
other items (tea, pots, more) at good prices on request. I've had a
large range of his Pu-erhs, and he's a clear vendor of choice for Yunnan
gold buds and other high-end red teas.

As Lew points out, he's got a good section in the first number of Art of
Tea - and he has the magazine at a very favorable price.

-DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I am "new" to the tea world and have been shopping with Yunnan Sourcing
for about six months. Scott (YSLLC) has really helped me in describing
the teas and I've enjoyed what I've purchased from him. We also bout a
glass gong fu set and several glass/strainer cups. All arrived safely
and quickly.
I would highly recommend him.
Shen
Draconus wrote:
> Has anybody had any experience with this distributor ?
>
> Has a 'store' on eBay.
>
> I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
> appears to have a large inventory.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Great, attentive service from Scott of Yunnan Sourcing. Some treats
can be found in his store, and the prices are obviously extremely
competitive.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Just finished a few cups of Premium Big Red Robe * Da Hong Pao * Red
Oolong Tea which arrived from YSLLC today. Yummy!
Shen
Draconus wrote:
> Has anybody had any experience with this distributor ?
>
> Has a 'store' on eBay.
>
> I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
> appears to have a large inventory.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
ZZ ZZ is offline

"Draconus" > wrote in message
news
> Has anybody had any experience with this distributor ?
>
> Has a 'store' on eBay.
>
> I came across it by chance just looking around - he seems fair dinkum -
> appears to have a large inventory.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz

I have ordered from Scott a few times. His communication, product and
pricing are excellent.

Order from him direct, you will both save money

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Excellent seller, never a problem, just be patient with shipping times.

His yunnan gold is excellent.

I wish he had some older sheng.

Karl