Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Green tea benefits.

Hi Scott,

> How do you know? Much of it comes from China, a place rather known for
> food contamination and overuse of pesticides. It could turn out to be
> toxic for all any of us know.

Interesting. I have also often heard it. That is pretty scarrying.
Why drink tea (or eat/drink any other product) if it is contaminated? …
Is there a way to "test" our teas for the presence of pesticides? (I
mean an efficient and not much expansive way.)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Mon me a son secret, ma vie a son mystère. » (Félix Arvers)
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> wrote:
>
>> How do you know? Much of it comes from China, a place rather known for
>> food contamination and overuse of pesticides. It could turn out to be
>> toxic for all any of us know.

>Interesting. I have also often heard it. That is pretty scarrying.
>Why drink tea (or eat/drink any other product) if it is contaminated? …
>Is there a way to "test" our teas for the presence of pesticides? (I
>mean an efficient and not much expansive way.)

I don't know, but this is a very good question. Part of the problem is that
while it can be easy to look for one contaminant, the number of possible ones
is very large.
--scott

Member

I have been using green tea since four years because it is good for our health and it has lot of advantages. It helps me to lose my weight and good for our body.
Member

Location: UK

The European Union has strict controls on pesticides on imported tea. However, they usually rely on testing in-country (i.e China). Personally I'm fairly dubious about the testing, having visited and seen the whole production and export process.

For peace of mind any tea I import that doesn't have an Organic certiciation (which I insist of receiving a copy of and varying with the issueing agency), I send the tea to a UK lab for pesticide residue testing. I have the tea tested two ways. By crushing and testing a large 200g sample, and also by testing the water brewed from a standard 5-7g sample. The brewed tea test has always come back completely negative. No tea I have sent so far has ever failed the tests. Any tea that has come back with some traces of pesticides has always been in the destruction and test of a large 200g sample, and the residue was so low that it was well within the strict EU guidlines for trace.

So, what this essentially says is that any pesticides were not water soluable and so your cup of tea is 100% safe. You'd have to actually eat the leaves to even ingest any low levels of pesticide which were already EU safe anyway.

So, my advice is ask your tea retailer if they test the imported tea in your country of purchase, so you can be assured absolutely. Even then, don't worry too much.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTeaUK View Post
[...]

Hi to all my fellows.

No doubt of the wondering that green tea has its own numerous benefits for the body.Especially those who are fatty and like to become slim and smart necessary thing is that to take it at least thrice a day for the fitness of the body.
physical therapy business

Last edited by Shemilajon : 18-02-2012 at 07:15 AM

Member

Will green tea rescue smokers ? I know it has anti oxidants just eager to know how it helps smokers.
__________________
Hotels Cyprus
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotelscyprus View Post
Will green tea rescue smokers ? I know it has anti oxidants just eager to know how it helps smokers.
I have heard it can help with smokers.. green tea may also prevent hair loss and may be able to lessen rosacea as well. Amazing what a cup of tea can do.

Last edited by Teaman : 13-03-2012 at 04:05 PM
Member

There are countless of benefits of taking green tea on Regular basis and i hope we all are aware about that.
Senior Member

Green tea comprises antioxidants that may stop some types of cancer. It is greatest known for the way sturdy its antioxidant properties are and how it works in combating off disease..
Member

I am from India, the largest tea producing country. Indian Tea Gardens strictly follow guidelines to prevent toxic contamination in tea.
Every vegetables and fruits growers in every country use toxic materials to prevent pest and insect attack.
But following strict guidelines to prevent the product from getting toxicated, none is better than Indian Tea Gardens. You can check this in Indian Tea Garden Websites.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyam View Post
I am from India, the largest tea producing country. Indian Tea Gardens strictly follow guidelines to prevent toxic contamination in tea.
Every vegetables and fruits growers in every country use toxic materials to prevent pest and insect attack.
But following strict guidelines to prevent the product from getting toxicated, none is better than Indian Tea Gardens. You can check this in Indian Tea Garden Websites.
More than a decade's worth of research about green tea's health benefits -- particularly its potential to fight cancer and heart disease -- has been more than intriguing, as have limited studies about green tea's role in lowering cholesterol, burning fat, preventing diabetes and stroke, and staving off dementia.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...43737064_n.jpg

Benefits of being a vegetarian Dr. Jai Maharaj[_2_] Vegan 0 03-06-2015 12:45 AM
Benefits of vitamin C arslina General Cooking 3 18-04-2014 06:24 PM
Health Benefits st.helier[_1_] Wine 4 24-08-2008 07:50 AM
Health benefits of green vegetables Pam General Cooking 3 15-08-2008 07:56 PM
Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea Dennis[_6_] Tea 20 12-07-2008 02:39 AM