Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea

Tea (to borrow a catchphrase) does a body good. While some marketers
tend to place undue emphasis on just how much good tea can do us,
there's compelling evidence nonetheless to show that it can benefit
our health on a number of fronts. Here are some of the potential
benefits we've examined thus far at the Twinings Tea Blog.

1. Heart Health

Have a healthy heart. It's a goal all of us should pursue and if
a number of studies on the matter are any indication, tea might help.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...-Healthy-Heart

2. Weight Loss

There are several studies that indicate that tea may play a role
in weight loss.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...in-Weight-Loss

3. Diabetes

Research has indicated that green, black and oolong tea may all
help protect against diabetes.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...hting-Diabetes

4. Alzheimer's
Evidence this far shows promise for tea and tea extracts in the
battle against Alzheimer's.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...nst-Alzheimers

5. Lung Cancer

The health problems posed by tobacco smoking are surely no
secret to anyone these days. What probably isn't so well known is that
tea may help guard against lung cancer.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...nd-Lung-Cancer

6. Cholesterol

There are no shortage of claims for the many potential health
benefits drinking tea can provide, including the possibility that it
may lower your cholesterol level.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...er-Cholesterol

7. Osteoporosis

For tea drinkers, there may be benefits related to osteoporosis,
according to a number of research studies.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...t-Osteoporosis

8. Parkinson's Disease

For Parkinson's sufferers, the possibility that tea may help
fight the disease can only come as welcome news.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...insons-Disease

9. Prostate Cancer

It's probably fair to conclude that drinking a couple cups of
tea a day is not a bad way to help guard against prostate cancer.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...rostate-Cancer

10. Stress

Tea might possess qualities that help reduce stress and aid in
relaxation.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...ote-Relaxation
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Dennis > writes:

> [...identical post #4...]

If you're going to (cross-)post here at all, you seem to be unable to
avoid repetition. But maybe you can just not post here at all?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I dont think tea helps with stuttering. The above applies also if you
are mainly a vegetarian. Drinking tea is drinking a green vegetable.
When you eat BBQ make sure you have a mess of greens, aka
mustard,collard,turnip,spinach to neutralize meat toxins. If you're
drinking tea for health you're already sick. I'm afflicted with 3-4
conditions of the above which is mainly family history. I've been an
avid tea drinker for 40 years which doesnt include the ice tea I grew
up on in the South which is why I always have greens with my BBQ. As
I always say, if tea keeps me alive another day for another cup it
didnt cost me anything extra.

Jim

Lewis Perin wrote:
> Dennis > writes:
>
> > [...identical post #4...]

> If you're going to (cross-)post here at all, you seem to be unable to
> avoid repetition. But maybe you can just not post here at all?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 7, 3:37*pm, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Dennis > writes:
> > [...identical post #4...]

> If you're going to (cross-)post here at all, you seem to be unable to
> avoid repetition. *But maybe you can just not post here at all?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Seconded. Dennis, your posts are not useful nor relevant so please
just stop posting here.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
RJP RJP is offline

One major benefit is missing - it could save you from a knife wound:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080708/...CrDOdHMQSs0NUE

Randyu

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
RJP RJP is offline

You missed one - tea can prevent knife wounds:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080708/...CrDOdHMQSs0NUE

Randy
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 8, 8:56*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Jul 7, 3:37*pm, Lewis Perin > wrote:
>
> > Dennis > writes:
> > > [...identical post #4...]

> > If you're going to (cross-)post here at all, you seem to be unable to
> > avoid repetition. *But maybe you can just not post here at all?

> > /Lew
> > ---
> > Lew Perin /

> Seconded. Dennis, your posts are not useful nor relevant so please
> just stop posting here.
>
> - Dominic

Dominic:

I respectfully disagree. While the repetition is annoying, the
information is indeed relevant, it is about tea no? And is this group
not about sharing information about tea? I for one appreciate the
information being posted here and would like to continue to see it
posted (if you can just avoid the repetition Dennis...)

Cheers
Mike
Owner, TeaFrog.com
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 10, 7:53*am, wrote:
> On Jul 8, 8:56*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:

> > > If you're going to (cross-)post here at all, you seem to be unable to
> > > avoid repetition. *But maybe you can just not post here at all?

> > > /Lew
> > > ---
> > > Lew Perin /

> > Seconded. Dennis, your posts are not useful nor relevant so please
> > just stop posting here.

> > - Dominic

> Dominic:
>
> I respectfully disagree. *While the repetition is annoying, the
> information is indeed relevant, it is about tea no? *And is this group
> not about sharing information about tea? *I for one appreciate the
> information being posted here and would like to continue to see it
> posted (if you can just avoid the repetition Dennis...)
>
> Cheers
> Mike
> Owner, TeaFrog.com

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but seeing as how you also are
not a regular contributor here it doesn't mean much to me personally.
The information Dennis posted was not his own, it is simply an
aggregate of most of the folks' here (myself included) posts. Feel
free to read any/all of our individual blogs to glean the same
information from the real sources.

If Dennis or yourself would like to contribute real information,
discussion, or insight then that is most welcome.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

This guy is giving Twinings a bad name. I hope they fire him or sue
his dumb ass.

Jim

PS An http url is not a valid Usenet signature. Just because the
ignorant masses do it doesnt mean you have too if you give a rats ass
about Usenet.

wrote:
> On Jul 8, 8:56?am, "Dominic T." > wrote:

> > > If you're going to (cross-)post here at all, you seem to be unable to
> > > avoid repetition. ?But maybe you can just not post here at all?

> > > /Lew
> > > ---
> > > Lew Perin /

> > Seconded. Dennis, your posts are not useful nor relevant so please
> > just stop posting here.
> >
> > - Dominic

> Dominic:
>
> I respectfully disagree. While the repetition is annoying, the
> information is indeed relevant, it is about tea no? And is this group
> not about sharing information about tea? I for one appreciate the
> information being posted here and would like to continue to see it
> posted (if you can just avoid the repetition Dennis...)
>
> Cheers
> Mike
> Owner, TeaFrog.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 10, 9:58*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Jul 10, 7:53*am, wrote:

> > > Seconded. Dennis, your posts are not useful nor relevant so please
> > > just stop posting here.

> > > - Dominic

> > Dominic:

> > I respectfully disagree. *While the repetition is annoying, the
> > information is indeed relevant, it is about tea no? *And is this group
> > not about sharing information about tea? *I for one appreciate the
> > information being posted here and would like to continue to see it
> > posted (if you can just avoid the repetition Dennis...)

> > Cheers
> > Mike
> > Owner, TeaFrog.com

> Well, you are entitled to your opinion but seeing as how you also are
> not a regular contributor here it doesn't mean much to me personally.
> The information Dennis posted was not his own, it is simply an
> aggregate of most of the folks' here (myself included) posts. Feel
> free to read any/all of our individual blogs to glean the same
> information from the real sources.
>
> If Dennis or yourself would like to contribute real information,
> discussion, or insight then that is most welcome.
>
> - Dominic

Fair enough Dominic, I personally do not give your opinion much weight
either because I do not know you or your motivation either, so I guess
we are equal in that regard. If this group is not for sharing
information, then I guess I missed the point somewhere. Why not share
a blog posting? Why not share some information that someone found
useful for themselves? Perhaps in this one instance it was not
targeted to yourself, who is apparently much more knowledgeable about
tea than others on the list? Try to keep in mind that not everyone
reading this list, be it on Usenet or other, is as educated as
yourself about tea, and they perhaps appreciate that the information
was shared? I for one am appreciative of the original post (the
first, not the subsequent re-postings), no matter the intention of the
poster.

Just an opinion, no more or less valid than yours either.

Cheers
Mike
Owner, TeaFrog.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 10, 9:58*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Jul 10, 7:53*am, wrote:

> > > Seconded. Dennis, your posts are not useful nor relevant so please
> > > just stop posting here.

> > > - Dominic

> > Dominic:

> > I respectfully disagree. *While the repetition is annoying, the
> > information is indeed relevant, it is about tea no? *And is this group
> > not about sharing information about tea? *I for one appreciate the
> > information being posted here and would like to continue to see it
> > posted (if you can just avoid the repetition Dennis...)

> > Cheers
> > Mike
> > Owner, TeaFrog.com

> Well, you are entitled to your opinion but seeing as how you also are
> not a regular contributor here it doesn't mean much to me personally.
> The information Dennis posted was not his own, it is simply an
> aggregate of most of the folks' here (myself included) posts. Feel
> free to read any/all of our individual blogs to glean the same
> information from the real sources.
>
> If Dennis or yourself would like to contribute real information,
> discussion, or insight then that is most welcome.
>
> - Dominic

Oh and a PS - I would indeed love to read some of your blogs, BUT I
don't see much in the way of promotion of those blogs, so how am I
supposed to know about them unless they are advertised in some way? I
love the aggregate sites because they allow me to FIND the end posters
of that information and their blogs.....

Maybe this requires a thread on blogs with good information?

Cheers
Mike
Owner, TeaFrog.com
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 10, 10:56*am, wrote:
> On Jul 10, 9:58*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:

> > > Dominic:

> > > I respectfully disagree. *While the repetition is annoying, the
> > > information is indeed relevant, it is about tea no? *And is this group
> > > not about sharing information about tea? *I for one appreciate the
> > > information being posted here and would like to continue to see it
> > > posted (if you can just avoid the repetition Dennis...)

> > > Cheers
> > > Mike
> > > Owner, TeaFrog.com

> > Well, you are entitled to your opinion but seeing as how you also are
> > not a regular contributor here it doesn't mean much to me personally.
> > The information Dennis posted was not his own, it is simply an
> > aggregate of most of the folks' here (myself included) posts. Feel
> > free to read any/all of our individual blogs to glean the same
> > information from the real sources.

> > If Dennis or yourself would like to contribute real information,
> > discussion, or insight then that is most welcome.

> > - Dominic

> Fair enough Dominic, I personally do not give your opinion much weight
> either because I do not know you or your motivation either, so I guess
> we are equal in that regard. *If this group is not for sharing
> information, then I guess I missed the point somewhere. *Why not share
> a blog posting? *Why not share some information that someone found
> useful for themselves? *Perhaps in this one instance it was not
> targeted to yourself, who is apparently much more knowledgeable about
> tea than others on the list? *Try to keep in mind that not everyone
> reading this list, be it on Usenet or other, is as educated as
> yourself about tea, and they perhaps appreciate that the information
> was shared? *I for one am appreciative of the original post (the
> first, not the subsequent re-postings), no matter the intention of the
> poster.
>
> Just an opinion, no more or less valid than yours either.
>
> Cheers
> Mike
> Owner, TeaFrog.com

Look I'm in no mood or inclination to argue with you. If you don't
value me or my opinions then that is fine with me. I never assume
anyone is at any specific "level" and myself and many others here have
posted our blog URLs which are very easy to find with a simple search
of the word "blog."

Again, it never ceases to amaze me that somehow someone who lurks or
rarely/ever contributes is quick to judge or spout off when someone
who HAS invested a large amount of time and effort shows well-founded
displeasure with something going on here. It doesn't make my opinion
worth any more or less, what it shows is that I have a much more
vested interest in keeping things as they are with a good signal to
noise ratio... I obviously have a real reason behind what I am saying
or I wouldn't waste my time or effort. You may not understand or
realize the implications and impact of allowing such things as Dennis'
post but I do.

Posts like this just flood the group, and are made without any desire
to then come back in and discuss anything... BECAUSE THE OP DIDN'T
WRITE IT AND HAS NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE. So you just get a bunch of
garbage posts and dead end discussions. If someone wants to post some
original thoughts/info/insight/whatever, fine, but to just blast a big
list of aggregate posts serves no one even if you think it does.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> Look I'm in no mood or inclination to argue with you. If you don't
> value me or my opinions then that is fine with me. I never assume
> anyone is at any specific "level" and myself and many others here have
> posted our blog URLs which are very easy to find with a simple search
> of the word "blog."

Mmmmm - guess I will just have to do that search - unfortunately when
I just did that, my news server only returned messages as old as last
month - not much there - thin pickings. I suppose that I could do a
web search, yet another one, but the results are just harder and harder
to pick through. If you have a blog, and you interested in sharing the
information in it with the group (I am interested in reading it!) why
not just add it as a sig or something?

I really did not intended to create an argument, just presenting my
opinion as many others here do. If it is not worth your time - why
bother to respond to it? I am not interested in a flame war either, so
lets just leave it at that.

> Again, it never ceases to amaze me that somehow someone who lurks or
> rarely/ever contributes is quick to judge or spout off when someone
> who HAS invested a large amount of time and effort shows well-founded
> displeasure with something going on here. It doesn't make my opinion
> worth any more or less, what it shows is that I have a much more
> vested interest in keeping things as they are with a good signal to
> noise ratio... I obviously have a real reason behind what I am saying
> or I wouldn't waste my time or effort. You may not understand or
> realize the implications and impact of allowing such things as Dennis'
> post but I do.

I do indeed realize what the implications of a large amount of noise is
- I am no newbie to the web, forums or other information sharing
mediums, however posts like "paypal wholesale Samsung Mobile (paypal
accept)(www goodsaler com )" are a lot different in my opinion than
links to news articles on tea health.

> Posts like this just flood the group, and are made without any desire
> to then come back in and discuss anything... BECAUSE THE OP DIDN'T
> WRITE IT AND HAS NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE. So you just get a bunch of
> garbage posts and dead end discussions. If someone wants to post some
> original thoughts/info/insight/whatever, fine, but to just blast a big
> list of aggregate posts serves no one even if you think it does.
>
> - Dominic

Dennis is undoubtedly posting those articles here for the purpose of
promoting the blog, probably a hired consultant to do so since I do not
see his name on the articles - dunno for sure, HOWEVER, that does not
diminish the fact that there is information on that blog that is
relevant, and related. The post on tea storage for instance, that he
posted, generated some good discussion and information - but is that
not relevant because of the source? It promoted discussion and
insight, and for that, I feel personally that it has value.

That all being said, the discussion generated between you and I Dominic
does not seem to have much value, so best we just leave it rest. If
you want the last word please do respond, I will probably just go back
to lurking and learning from this and maybe one day I will have
something that you may see as valuable to add to the discussion.

Cheers
Mike
Owner, TeaFrog.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 10, 12:15*pm, Mike > wrote:
> That all being said, the discussion generated between you and I Dominic
> does not seem to have much value, so best we just leave it rest. *If
> you want the last word please do respond, I will probably just go back
> to lurking and learning from this *and maybe one day I will have
> something that you may see as valuable to add to the discussion.
>
> Cheers
> Mike
> Owner, TeaFrog.com

Good. I hate to come off so caustically at times but the reason I came
down on you is because you are just as much of the problem here.
Popping in to spout some garbage and then post your business info for
some free advertising. If you lurked for any time at all you would
know your tea is not quite what most of us here are discussing. I
specifically liked your "White tea is the "Gucci" of brewed
beverages." Or the fact that in all of around two years you are now
claiming to be an expert, selling the *finest teas in the world* when
you only even learned of tea in 2006 from some Japanese samples. You
may be interested in tea, you may have good intentions, I don't know
or care. I personally have no interest in you or your wares. Lurk,
leave, become a valued member, it makes no difference to me and I have
no authority anyhow in your decision.

- Dominic
(oh, and this is Usenet. Not web/forums which is why URL's in "sigs"
is not proper. I have done it in the past for a reason but I try to
refrain from it. Our archives go far back, long before me, learn the
medium and then do a proper search.)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 2008-07-10 13:29:15 -0400, "Dominic T." > said:

> On Jul 10, 12:15*pm, Mike > wrote:
>> That all being said, the discussion generated between you and I Dominic
>> does not seem to have much value, so best we just leave it rest. *If
>> you want the last word please do respond, I will probably just go back
>> to lurking and learning from this *and maybe one day I will have
>> something that you may see as valuable to add to the discussion.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Mike
>> Owner, TeaFrog.com

> Good. I hate to come off so caustically at times but the reason I came
> down on you is because you are just as much of the problem here.
> Popping in to spout some garbage and then post your business info for
> some free advertising. If you lurked for any time at all you would
> know your tea is not quite what most of us here are discussing. I
> specifically liked your "White tea is the "Gucci" of brewed
> beverages." Or the fact that in all of around two years you are now
> claiming to be an expert, selling the *finest teas in the world* when
> you only even learned of tea in 2006 from some Japanese samples. You
> may be interested in tea, you may have good intentions, I don't know
> or care. I personally have no interest in you or your wares. Lurk,
> leave, become a valued member, it makes no difference to me and I have
> no authority anyhow in your decision.
>
> - Dominic
> (oh, and this is Usenet. Not web/forums which is why URL's in "sigs"
> is not proper. I have done it in the past for a reason but I try to
> refrain from it. Our archives go far back, long before me, learn the
> medium and then do a proper search.)

*sigh*
1. I make no claim to be an expert
2. I am not seeking your business or approval
3. Just presenting an alternative point of view
4. Really could not care less if you like/hate/know/care about me in
any way - we will never meet, never share a cup of tea nor agree on
this subject at all.

You have my view, I have yours, and it is forever recorded in the
annals of Google/Yahoo/Usenet/whatever for posterity. I wish you a
good day sir and salute your dedication to your opinion on this matter,
however wrong it may be!

(note the wink denoting a JOKE)

Cheers
Mike
Owner, *******.com (edited to conform to the l33t rules of Usenet)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Blogs with good information (was: Top 10 Health Benefits ofTea)

> Good point. *Here's a start. *I find many of the blogs aggregated here
> worth dipping into:

Here's another good site with lots of excellent tea blogs aggregated
he

http://multipleinfusions.com/
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:39:28 -0700 (PDT), niisonge
> wrote:

>> Good point. *Here's a start. *I find many of the blogs aggregated here
>> worth dipping into:

>Here's another good site with lots of excellent tea blogs aggregated
>he
>
>http://multipleinfusions.com/

Nice photography, brings out aesthetics of multiple aspects of tea
experience. The Andao tea table and pot could be the center of the
universe.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

niisonge > writes:

> > Good point. *Here's a start. *I find many of the blogs aggregated here
> > worth dipping into:

> Here's another good site with lots of excellent tea blogs aggregated
> he
>
> http://multipleinfusions.com/

It looks great, and it has the perfect name for a tea blog aggregator!

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 11, 10:02 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> niisonge > writes:
> > > Good point. Here's a start. I find many of the blogs aggregated here
> > > worth dipping into:

> > Here's another good site with lots of excellent tea blogs aggregated
> > he

> >http://multipleinfusions.com/

> It looks great, and it has the perfect name for a tea blog aggregator!
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Just a point I wanted to make, I haven't looked into these particular
"aggregate" sites but it is very easy to use an RSS news program on
your own to aggregate any/all blogs you want in one place and most are
free and very good. The reason being is that sites like these often
include advertising and make money on other people's hard work and
time, where a newsreader does the same thing but with no financial
gain for some third-party.

There are hundreds of sites which do the same thing with Usenet
newsgroups and make them look like a forum via a website with ads and
it's just a shame and only does harm to keep them around and
profitable. My 2 schillings.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

If you're looking specifically for tea blogs, you might try looking in
the directory on blogged.com

Try he
http://www.blogged.com/directory/fam...oking/drinks/2

and he
http://www.blogged.com/directory/fam...ing/drinks/tea

Some of the tea blogs are not listed in the same category, so you need
to look in both places.

Health Benefits tan Recipes 1 21-08-2011 07:24 AM
Health Benefits st.helier[_1_] Wine 4 24-08-2008 07:50 AM
Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea Dennis Pang Tea 1 08-07-2008 01:33 AM
Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea Dennis Pang Tea 0 07-07-2008 07:51 PM
Health Benefits Gadfly Barbecue 2 28-03-2004 06:51 AM