Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default My tea rosetta stone

This is an exercise in Google Docs
http://tinyurl.com/3n9z66r
as much as anything else.

When I come across tea terms I add them to my rosetta stone file with
a simple editor. The newest entries go on top. I show the
characters, pinyin and accompanying note. It is freeform enough so I
can add my to the end of the line to indicate my teas. In this case
the 3 entries at the top came from using Google Books and finding
colony tea terms.

I have over 2000 line items of chinese,japanese,korean, and russian.
When I come across a tea term it is very
easy to search the file to see if it already exists. For other
reasons I might put the tea term somewhere else
in the file. I wished I had dates for the entries. One of these days
I might show all of my work over the
decades.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

yes it is amazing what we can do, harvest, save, sort, information, i
recommend using excel for sorting your things, with a cut and paste
and search and machine translate we can self-learn so so much...
i wonder what it will be like for future historians looking back at
us...it is great that they will have lots of archives to look at, but
it might be a sea of info and very hard to sort out.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I maintain the file on Linux with a editor where besides the normal
string search I can use Regular Expressions.

I occasionally comb the old Chinese dictionaries on Google Books for
tea terms.
http://tinyurl.com/3e9g46e

For "A Chop Of Tea" in an 1847 dictionary I came up with ¯ù¸*¦r¸¹. These
old terms rarely make it to the Internet.

Jim