RedBear

Default Looking for a Rosetta stamp or cutter (Rosetta Bread)

Anyone know where to find one of these? I have seen them called a
stamp a cutter or a mold in recipes, but haven't been able to find
one.

Thanks

Wayne
Brian Mailman

*followup set to rec.food.equipment*

RedBear wrote:

> Anyone know where to find one of these? I have seen them called a
> stamp a cutter or a mold in recipes, but haven't been able to find
> one.

Not much to do with sourdough, I think.

Googling on "rosette AND (stamp OR mold)" (without the quotes brings up
many sites to puruchase this pastry-maker. http://tinyurl.com/4aq27 at
Amazon is a good place to start.

Notice the spelling of 'rosette."

B/
Brian Mailman

RedBear wrote:

> Anyone know where to find one of these? I have seen them called a
> stamp a cutter or a mold in recipes, but haven't been able to find
> one.

Not much to do with sourdough, I think.

Googling on "rosette AND (stamp OR mold)" (without the quotes brings up
many sites to puruchase this pastry-maker. http://tinyurl.com/4aq27 at
Amazon is a good place to start.

Notice the spelling of 'rosette."

B/
RsH

1. Since RedBear (Wayne) used a false email address, the response is
limited to the usenet newsgroups.

2. Without knowing WHERE Wayne lives, it is hard to give an answer
that names a particular store, etc., but I can say that I have seen
these at the cookware store on the second/upper level of the Saint
Lawrence Market on Front Street east in Toronto. That of course would
require you be able to drive to Toronto.

3. From Toronto, the 4th largest city by population north of Mexico...

RsH
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:49:40 -0500, RedBear > wrote:

>Anyone know where to find one of these? I have seen them called a
>stamp a cutter or a mold in recipes, but haven't been able to find
>one.
>
>Thanks
>
>Wayne

> or >
Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!
RedBear

Brian,

Thanks for the link, but not what I was looking for. The spelling IS
important, and "rosetta" is correct (as in "pane rosetta") in this
case "rosette" would be the plural form. I didn't realize that there
was a cookie called a "rosette", so I apologize for not being clearer
in my original post.

Here is a link to a recipe:

http://www.pianetapane.it/ricette-vi...cetta_4_en.htm

here is a link to a description:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ggda/rosette.htm

Definitely a bread, not a pastry. Considering the use of "dry acid
dough" in this commercial recipe, I am thinking that use of sourdough
would be appropriate for a home-made version. That is how I am going
to make it anyway. I'll post a final converted recipe and results to
r.f.s when I finally get to make these.

Using google was my first step, that is how I got the above two links.
There are other references to the stamp/mold but nowhere that sells
one.

Wayne

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:41:32 -0800, Brian Mailman
> wrote:

>*followup set to rec.food.equipment*
>
>RedBear wrote:
>
>> Anyone know where to find one of these? I have seen them called a
>> stamp a cutter or a mold in recipes, but haven't been able to find
>> one.

>Not much to do with sourdough, I think.
>
>Googling on "rosette AND (stamp OR mold)" (without the quotes brings up
>many sites to puruchase this pastry-maker. http://tinyurl.com/4aq27 at
>Amazon is a good place to start.
>
>Notice the spelling of 'rosette."
>
>B/

Janet Bostwick

"RedBear" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where to find one of these? I have seen them called a
> stamp a cutter or a mold in recipes, but haven't been able to find
> one.
>
> Thanks
>
> Wayne

Since the roll is derived from the Kaiser roll and the description sounds
similar, would a Kaiser roll stamp do? I originally thought that was what
you were describing. I believe that the King Arthur Flour site carries the
Kaiser roll stamps--or, at least they used to. I think they were fairly
expensive, something over $50 for one stamp.
Janet

S Viemeister

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> Since the roll is derived from the Kaiser roll and the description sounds
> similar, would a Kaiser roll stamp do? I originally thought that was what
> you were describing. I believe that the King Arthur Flour site carries the
> Kaiser roll stamps--or, at least they used to. I think they were fairly
> expensive, something over $50 for one stamp.

They must have had more than one version - I bought a couple of them a few
years ago, and I KNOW I didn't spend anything like $50 each!

Sheila

RedBear

Janet, Sheila and Steve,

Thank You for your help. This is close, and if I can't find the right
kind I may try one. Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
center and the "spokes" are straight. We lived in Italy (Sardegna) for
seven years, and one of the many things that my wife misses is having
a sandwich on a Rosetta for lunch. I was hoping that I could find an
authentic Italian style stamp somewhere here in the US or on the
Internet.

Wayne

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:03:52 -0500, "Steve B" >
wrote:

>"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
>> They must have had more than one version - I bought a couple of them a few
>> years ago, and I KNOW I didn't spend anything like $50 each!
>>
>> Sheila

>They sell for USD8.95 at the King Arthur site:
>
>http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/item6096.html
>
>- Steve Brandt

S Viemeister

RedBear wrote:

> Janet, Sheila and Steve,
>
> Thank You for your help. This is close, and if I can't find the right
> kind I may try one. Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
> Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
> center and the "spokes" are straight. We lived in Italy (Sardegna) for
> seven years, and one of the many things that my wife misses is having
> a sandwich on a Rosetta for lunch. I was hoping that I could find an
> authentic Italian style stamp somewhere here in the US or on the
> Internet.

If you're reasonably handy with tools, you could probably make one, using
carefully cut, bent, and rivetted tin cans. Easier to buy one ready-made,
of course!

Sheila

S Viemeister

RedBear wrote:

> Janet, Sheila and Steve,
>
> Thank You for your help. This is close, and if I can't find the right
> kind I may try one. Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
> Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
> center and the "spokes" are straight. We lived in Italy (Sardegna) for
> seven years, and one of the many things that my wife misses is having
> a sandwich on a Rosetta for lunch. I was hoping that I could find an
> authentic Italian style stamp somewhere here in the US or on the
> Internet.

If you're reasonably handy with tools, you could probably make one, using
carefully cut, bent, and rivetted tin cans. Easier to buy one ready-made,
of course!

Sheila

Brian Mailman

RedBear wrote:

> here is a link to a description:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~ggda/rosette.htm

Ah, OK.

> Definitely a bread, not a pastry. Considering the use of "dry acid
> dough" in this commercial recipe, I am thinking that use of sourdough
> would be appropriate for a home-made version.

....as well as the references to a "biga" or a type of
retained-dough/sponge technique.

B/
Kenneth

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:00:48 -0500, RedBear
> wrote:

>Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
>Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
>center and the "spokes" are straight.

Howdy,

A traditional Kaiser roll has no "cuts" at all...

The dough is stretched into a rather thin circle and is then
folded in such a way that the pattern becomes visible. When
baked, it looks like the dough had been cut, but that was
not the way the pattern was actually produced.

There are, of course, "stamps" that produce a similar
result.

Is there any possibility that the Pane Rosetta is done the
same way as the traditional Kaiser?

Might you have a link to a photo?

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Peter

Someting like this?

http://www.australianbakeryequipment...esframeset.htm

Kenneth

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:18:53 -0500, Kenneth
> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:00:48 -0500, RedBear
> wrote:
>
>>Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
>>Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
>>center and the "spokes" are straight.

>Howdy,
>
>A traditional Kaiser roll has no "cuts" at all...
>
>The dough is stretched into a rather thin circle and is then
>folded in such a way that the pattern becomes visible. When
>baked, it looks like the dough had been cut, but that was
>not the way the pattern was actually produced.
>
>There are, of course, "stamps" that produce a similar
>result.
>
>Is there any possibility that the Pane Rosetta is done the
>same way as the traditional Kaiser?
>
>Might you have a link to a photo?
>
>All the best,

Hello again,

My apologies...

I had not read the whole thread, and others have made the
same suggestion.

Looking at the pix, they are clearly stamped.

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:18:53 -0500, Kenneth
> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:00:48 -0500, RedBear
> wrote:
>
>>Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
>>Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
>>center and the "spokes" are straight.

>Howdy,
>
>A traditional Kaiser roll has no "cuts" at all...
>
>The dough is stretched into a rather thin circle and is then
>folded in such a way that the pattern becomes visible. When
>baked, it looks like the dough had been cut, but that was
>not the way the pattern was actually produced.
>
>There are, of course, "stamps" that produce a similar
>result.
>
>Is there any possibility that the Pane Rosetta is done the
>same way as the traditional Kaiser?
>
>Might you have a link to a photo?
>
>All the best,

Hello again,

My apologies...

I had not read the whole thread, and others have made the
same suggestion.

Looking at the pix, they are clearly stamped.

--
Kenneth

RsH

WP Reedy - Catalogue page 5
.... Rosetta Cutter & Kaiser Roll Cutter. Heavy Duty Tin Plate ...
Code: CUTTROSSE65. CUTTROSSE85. Kaiser. CUTTKAISER65. CUTTKAISER80.
Diameter. 65mm ...
http://www.wpreedy.com.au/Catalog_05.htm

There you go... a place where you can order the stamp! Australia, but
I am certain they will send it to you in the US!

RsH
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:00:48 -0500, RedBear > wrote:

>Janet, Sheila and Steve,
>
>Thank You for your help. This is close, and if I can't find the right
>kind I may try one. Pane Rosetta does have five cuts, like a Kaiser
>Roll, but there are some differences. There is a pentagon in the
>center and the "spokes" are straight. We lived in Italy (Sardegna) for
>seven years, and one of the many things that my wife misses is having
>a sandwich on a Rosetta for lunch. I was hoping that I could find an
>authentic Italian style stamp somewhere here in the US or on the
>Internet.
>
>Wayne

R.S. (Bob) Heuman - Toronto, ON, Canada
Independent Computer Security Consulting
Web Site Auditing for Compliance with Standards
> or >
Copyright retained.
My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!
Jerry DeAngelis

Hello

Thank you for mentioning The Artisan Link to Rosette. The URL you
provided is our backup site, and for the most part is identical with the
main site. However, a better URL for us is http://www.theartisan.net.
It would be a more accurate bookmark, if you have bookmarked the site.

Regards

Jerry @ The Artisan
http://www.theartisan.net

My tea rosetta stone Space Cowboy Tea 2 04-04-2011 08:10 PM
My Rosetta Stone and Asus Linux [email protected] Tea 0 24-02-2009 04:16 PM
Looking for a Rosetta stamp or cutter (Rosetta Bread) RedBear Cooking Equipment 17 07-01-2005 05:37 AM
Looking for a Rosetta stamp or cutter (Rosetta Bread) RedBear Sourdough 18 07-01-2005 05:37 AM
The Puerh Rosetta Page Mike Petro Tea 73 23-03-2004 03:42 PM