DPM

Default FF Darjeeling update

After our brief discussion about 2004 Darjeeling, I asked Upton their
opinion of the tea so far; they said:

"The report I was given is that the first flush season, taking place during
3 weeks in the early spring, started out very strong with ideal weather
conditions. Then, the weather turned cold and wet bringing the harvest to
a dead halt. This made for very stiff competition in vying for the high
grade product that was initially harvested. This competition along with
the weakness of the US dollar against the Indian rupee, Euro dollar and
English pound has resulted in a very high quality product with matching
high prices. We were lucky enough to secure more lots than the ones
already listed on our website. Look for these new selections to be posted
within the next several weeks as they arrive."

So what I hear them saying is that the initial tea is good, but there's not
much of it, with high prices as a result (US$25-30/100gm retail). I've only
tried the Namring so far - I thought it good, but not exceptional.

Has anyone else tried the new harvest yet? If so, what do you think?

--

Regards,
Dean

Email address is a spam sink - please reply to group.
---
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women, and engineers.
While the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far the more
certain."
- Baron Rothschild

Peter Irrgang

Hi Dean,

I tried the Steinthal SFTGFOP FF 2004 which has just arrived in Germany.
It's wonderful. For me it tastes remarkably good (with a subtle
peach like sweetness) but unfortunately the price was exceptional as well
(13Euro/50gr).

Regards,

Peter

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:36:59 GMT, DPM > wrote:
)>After our brief discussion about 2004 Darjeeling, I asked Upton their
)>opinion of the tea so far; they said:
)>
[...]
)>--
)>
)>Regards,
)>Dean
)>
)>Email address is a spam sink - please reply to group.
)>---
)>"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women, and engineers.
)>While the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far the more
)>certain."
)>- Baron Rothschild
)>
)>
)>

Peter Irrgang Email:
DESY / ZEUS Homepage:
http://www-zeus.desy.de/~irrgang
Notkestr. 85 Phone: +49-(0)40-89983264
22603 Hamburg Fax: +49-(0)40-89983092

DPM

"Peter Irrgang" > wrote in message
> Hi Dean,
>
> I tried the Steinthal SFTGFOP FF 2004 which has just arrived in Germany.
> It's wonderful. For me it tastes remarkably good (with a subtle
> peach like sweetness) but unfortunately the price was exceptional as well
> (13Euro/50gr).
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Peter,

The Steinthal garden is a new one to me. What vendor did you purchase it
from?

Thanks,
Dean

Peter Irrgang

Hi Dean,

I'm sorry, but I bought it at a large german tea shop company
called TeeGeschwendner. They also ship the tea but I thing their
homepage is in German (www.derteeladen.de). That's not a big
help to you, right?

Regards,

Peter

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:18:01 GMT, DPM > wrote:
)>
)>"Peter Irrgang" > wrote in message
.. .
)>> Hi Dean,
)>>
[...]

DPM

"Peter Irrgang" > wrote in message
> Hi Dean,
>
> I'm sorry, but I bought it at a large german tea shop company
> called TeeGeschwendner. They also ship the tea but I thing their
> homepage is in German (www.derteeladen.de). That's not a big
> help to you, right?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Actually, I took German in University, so although I'm really rusty, I can
make sense of the website. What I'm not sure of is if the company can or
will ship to the US. If you get a moment, would you be willing to check?

Thanks,
Dean

Joerg Dietrich

DPM > wrote:
> Actually, I took German in University, so although I'm really rusty, I can
> make sense of the website. What I'm not sure of is if the company can or
> will ship to the US. If you get a moment, would you be willing to check?

They can and will ship to countries outside Germany after prior
anrrangement but since April 1st cannot anymore ship to the US
due to stricter import regulations for food products.

-- Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
You don't have to explain something you never said.

We Cup Darjeeling Scott Dorsey Tea 15 04-05-2016 07:55 PM
Darjeeling Tea Kate Tea 0 09-04-2006 04:40 PM
Looking to try Darjeeling [email protected] Tea 14 27-11-2005 04:26 AM
Darjeeling Tea from direct Darjeeling Tea merchant benoythapa Tea 13 01-12-2004 04:46 AM
Darjeeling best before P.A.Saarinen Tea 5 29-01-2004 11:52 AM