Yamini

Default preparing green tea

Hi,
I just stared having green tea. I bought that from Indian store(It
was made in China though). It is Gun Powder brand. I don't know how to
prepare it. So I just mix it up with cold water and bringing it to a
boil, straining it and Having. My don't is if I boil like this will it
looses it's medicinal properties? Can any body tell me how to prepare
greeen tea? Your help is greatly appreciated
thanks yamini
Tea

"Yamini" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
> I just stared having green tea. I bought that from Indian store(It
> was made in China though). It is Gun Powder brand. I don't know how to
> prepare it. So I just mix it up with cold water and bringing it to a
> boil, straining it and Having. My don't is if I boil like this will it
> looses it's medicinal properties? Can any body tell me how to prepare
> greeen tea? Your help is greatly appreciated
> thanks yamini

Don't do this to your tea.
Gunpowder isn't a brand- it's a type. Chinese tea prepared in this fashion
will be bitter and nasty. Heat your water until it's just below boiling and
pour about 5 ounces into a mug that has about a teaspoon of tea (preferably
in a strainer so you can get the tea out). After about three to five
minutes, remove the tea. You can add sugar if you really want, but most
people don't. Drink when it's cool enough to not burn your mouth..

Yamini

"Tea" > wrote in message >...
> "Yamini" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi,
> > I just stared having green tea. I bought that from Indian store(It
> > was made in China though). It is Gun Powder brand. I don't know how to
> > prepare it. So I just mix it up with cold water and bringing it to a
> > boil, straining it and Having. My don't is if I boil like this will it
> > looses it's medicinal properties? Can any body tell me how to prepare
> > greeen tea? Your help is greatly appreciated
> > thanks yamini

> Don't do this to your tea.
> Gunpowder isn't a brand- it's a type. Chinese tea prepared in this fashion
> will be bitter and nasty. Heat your water until it's just below boiling and
> pour about 5 ounces into a mug that has about a teaspoon of tea (preferably
> in a strainer so you can get the tea out). After about three to five
> minutes, remove the tea. You can add sugar if you really want, but most
> people don't. Drink when it's cool enough to not burn your mouth..

Thank you for ur suggestions. Could you suggest any good tasting brand?
Patrick Heinze

"Tea" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>It is Gun Powder brand. I don't know how to
> > prepare it. So I just mix it up with cold water and bringing it to a
> > boil, straining it and Having.

> Don't do this to your tea.
> Gunpowder isn't a brand- it's a type. Chinese tea prepared in this fashion
> will be bitter and nasty. Heat your water until it's just below boiling

and
> pour about 5 ounces into a mug that has about a teaspoon of tea

(preferably
> in a strainer so you can get the tea out). After about three to five
> minutes, remove the tea. You can add sugar if you really want, but most
> people don't. Drink when it's cool enough to not burn your mouth..

Arrr...NOOO :-)

Seriously...3-5 Minutes is, in my opinion, far too long. I'd suggest
something like 1.5-2 Minutes. Otherwise your tea will be really strong in
taste. In order to prevent bitterness you must not use water that is to hot.
Let your water boil and let it cool off a little...say for about 5-10
minutes (80 °C / 175 °F).

As for medical features: The first infusion of your tea will provide a large
amount of caffeine. If, for any reason, you want to avoid the consumption of
too much caffeine, you should prepare your tea in the way I just described.
But only infuse it for about a minute or so. Tip away that first infusion
and infuse a second time, again with cooled-off fresh water.

That second infusion should contain a lot less caffeine, and is therefore
much more healthy than the first one.

hope that helps
Patrick

Tea

"Patrick Heinze" > wrote in message

> "Tea" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> >>It is Gun Powder brand. I don't know how to
> > > prepare it. So I just mix it up with cold water and bringing it to a
> > > boil, straining it and Having.

> > Don't do this to your tea.
> > Gunpowder isn't a brand- it's a type. Chinese tea prepared in this

fashion
> > will be bitter and nasty. Heat your water until it's just below boiling

> and
> > pour about 5 ounces into a mug that has about a teaspoon of tea

> (preferably
> > in a strainer so you can get the tea out). After about three to five
> > minutes, remove the tea. You can add sugar if you really want, but most
> > people don't. Drink when it's cool enough to not burn your mouth..

> Arrr...NOOO :-)

Interestingly enough, the directions I gave were fromthe Ten Ren website. I
don't drink Gunpowder, so I'm no expert on it.