Posted to rec.food.cooking
Daisy

Default Preparing for Christmas

Our family have asked for a traditional English roast beef and
Yorkshire pudding dinner with lashings of roasted vegetables.There
will be 12 of us and I have never tried to do this for so many.

I don't particularly want to make individual Yorkshire puddings if I
can help it, because they are just not the same as the old-fashioned
baked pudding style. I am wondering if I can keep the meat warm in
wrapped foil and padded material for the 45 minutes required to cook
the Yorkshire puddings. I plan to make two typical puddings.

Has anyone encountered this sort of problem before? I only have one
oven, but do have a small mini oven that will be used to crisp up the
roasted vegetables after they have been reheated in the microwave (I
have done this before quite successfully). The plates can be warmed
in the microwave - I've done this before as well.

Appreciate any help here.

Daisy

Carthage demands an explanation for this insolence!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg

Daisy wrote:

> Our family have asked for a traditional English roast beef and
> Yorkshire pudding dinner with lashings of roasted vegetables.There
> will be 12 of us and I have never tried to do this for so many.
>
> I don't particularly want to make individual Yorkshire puddings if I
> can help it, because they are just not the same as the old-fashioned
> baked pudding style. I am wondering if I can keep the meat warm in
> wrapped foil and padded material for the 45 minutes required to cook
> the Yorkshire puddings. I plan to make two typical puddings.

A large roast should stay warm enough covered in foil for 45
minutes before slicing. No need to keep it in an oven. They'll
stay warm for even longer wrapped and stored in an insulating
contain like a cooler.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Marcella Peek

In article >,
Daisy > wrote:

> Our family have asked for a traditional English roast beef and
> Yorkshire pudding dinner with lashings of roasted vegetables.There
> will be 12 of us and I have never tried to do this for so many.
>
> I don't particularly want to make individual Yorkshire puddings if I
> can help it, because they are just not the same as the old-fashioned
> baked pudding style. I am wondering if I can keep the meat warm in
> wrapped foil and padded material for the 45 minutes required to cook
> the Yorkshire puddings. I plan to make two typical puddings.
>
> Has anyone encountered this sort of problem before? I only have one
> oven, but do have a small mini oven that will be used to crisp up the
> roasted vegetables after they have been reheated in the microwave (I
> have done this before quite successfully). The plates can be warmed
> in the microwave - I've done this before as well.
>
> Appreciate any help here.
>

> Daisy
>
> Carthage demands an explanation for this insolence!

Yes, you can keep the roast warm long enough to make a big pudding. We
have the same issue with prime rib at our house. Meat should really rest
half an hour before carving anyway. Remove the roast from the oven and
tent with foil. Let rest for 1/2 hour while the pudding bakes. Carve
up the meat and by the time your pudding is cooked the roast is carved
and ready to serve.

marcella
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Daisy" > wrote in message
news
> Our family have asked for a traditional English roast beef and
> Yorkshire pudding dinner with lashings of roasted vegetables.There
> will be 12 of us and I have never tried to do this for so many.
>
> I don't particularly want to make individual Yorkshire puddings if I
> can help it, because they are just not the same as the old-fashioned
> baked pudding style. I am wondering if I can keep the meat warm in
> wrapped foil and padded material for the 45 minutes required to cook
> the Yorkshire puddings.

Yes and the meat is better for being left to stand after cooking. Just
cover with foil and it will be fine