Charles Vegman

Default Green Tea

Does anybody drink their green tea with milk? I haven't tried it that
way, but something instinctively tells me that it is not a good way to
prepare it. I just got some green chai and I am tempted to try it
with mik, as all chai blends I have had in the past have been served
with lots of milk.

cv

remove "snip" to reply
Charles Vegman

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:10:20 -0700, Charles Vegman
> wrote:

>Does anybody drink their green tea with milk? I haven't tried it that
>way, but something instinctively tells me that it is not a good way to
>prepare it. I just got some green chai and I am tempted to try it
>with mik, as all chai blends I have had in the past have been served
>with lots of milk.
>
>cv
>
>remove "snip" to reply

Responding to my own post

There appears to be plenty of discussion of this on the web, available
through Google. Some, but not as much concerning green chai, so if
anybody has any preferences they want to share, please do.

cv
(remove "snip" to reply)

Helen

I have served the Green tea with the milk and it tastes really good.
Although not many people have ever tried that because it may seems a
little bit odd to them, however, my suggestion is if you would like to
try drinking green tea with milk, let's go to the bubble tea store
which usually operate by Chinese people, they do mix green tea with
milk in an excellent flavour.

Hope it helps. Enjoy.

Star.
Rick Chappell

Green tea with milk and sucralose?

I have tried sitting on my hands, counting to 10, taking deep breaths,
pretending I'm Dan Quayle, and banging my head repeatedly on my tatami.

However, ....

Desperate times call for desperate measures:

Apostate! Heathen! Whore of Babylon (sorry, I grew up in Texas)! Purveyor
of filth and venom and corruptor of sacraments!

I will consume green tea with milk and sucralose along with my blueberry
bagel, ritz cracker faux applie pie, and pastrami-on-white-with-a slice-
of-Kraft-single sandwich.

Is this the way to treat a divine herb of whom Lu Yu stated "Its liquor is
like the sweetest dew from Heaven" (never mind that he boiled it with
onions and pepper)?

You might as well spread peanut butter on the host.

Yours in theologic outrage,

Rick.

Charles Vegman > wrote:
> Thank you, Star. Until yesterday, I had never had green tea with
> milk. It was good. I added 1% milk and went a little easier on the
> milk than I do with my red tea. Also, added a packet of sucralose to
> the mix - enjoyed the combo. Sucalose, like nutrasweet does add a
> slight aftertaste, which is unfortunate, but the tea flavor
> nevertheless came through fine.

> I haven't tried the green chai yet - probably will treat it the same
> as other chai I have had by adding substantial milk and sweetener to
> the brew.

> cv

Debbie Deutsch

Rick Chappell > wrote in
:

> Green tea with milk and sucralose?
>
> I have tried sitting on my hands, counting to 10, taking deep breaths,
> pretending I'm Dan Quayle, and banging my head repeatedly on my
> tatami.
>
> However, ....
>
> Desperate times call for desperate measures:
>
> Apostate! Heathen! Whore of Babylon (sorry, I grew up in Texas)!
> Purveyor of filth and venom and corruptor of sacraments!
>
> I will consume green tea with milk and sucralose along with my
> blueberry bagel, ritz cracker faux applie pie, and
> pastrami-on-white-with-a slice- of-Kraft-single sandwich.
>
> Is this the way to treat a divine herb of whom Lu Yu stated "Its
> liquor is like the sweetest dew from Heaven" (never mind that he
> boiled it with onions and pepper)?
>
> You might as well spread peanut butter on the host.
>
> Yours in theologic outrage,
>
> Rick.
>
> Charles Vegman > wrote:
>> Thank you, Star. Until yesterday, I had never had green tea with
>> milk. It was good. I added 1% milk and went a little easier on the
>> milk than I do with my red tea. Also, added a packet of sucralose to
>> the mix - enjoyed the combo. Sucalose, like nutrasweet does add a
>> slight aftertaste, which is unfortunate, but the tea flavor
>> nevertheless came through fine.

>> I haven't tried the green chai yet - probably will treat it the same
>> as other chai I have had by adding substantial milk and sweetener to
>> the brew.

>> cv

ROFL!

Though if you think blueberry bagels are sacriligious (spelling?), where
does that put cheese-and-jalapeno bagels? (no kidding). Oh wait. You
grew up in Texas. Hold it. You grew up in Texas and know from authentic
bagels like in Brooklyn (where I grew up)????

Listen, it could have been worse. The green tea might have been
adulterated with soy milk instead of the stuff from a cow. :-)

Thanks for a wonderful moment of levity.

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a
throw-away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if
crymad

Debbie Deutsch wrote:

> Listen, it could have been worse. The green tea might have been
> adulterated with soy milk instead of the stuff from a cow. :-)

Soy milk green tea chai? Sure, over on isle three. And we have a nog
version back in dairy next to the fat-free half-and-half.

--crymad
Dave

"crymad" > wrote in message

| Soy milk green tea chai? Sure, over on isle three. And we have a nog
| version back in dairy next to the fat-free half-and-half.
|
| --crymad

I've never heard of the Dairy Isles. I've heard of the Canary Isles,
Hawaiian Isles, and many others. What ocean would we look closest to finding
them? Or is it the Isle of White (Wight)? What a difference an A makes ;-)

Charles Vegman

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:50:32 +0000 (UTC), Rick Chappell
> wrote:

>Green tea with milk and sucralose?
>
>I have tried sitting on my hands, counting to 10, taking deep breaths,
>pretending I'm Dan Quayle, and banging my head repeatedly on my tatami.
>
>However, ....
>
>Desperate times call for desperate measures:
>
>Apostate! Heathen! Whore of Babylon (sorry, I grew up in Texas)! Purveyor
>of filth and venom and corruptor of sacraments!
>
>I will consume green tea with milk and sucralose along with my blueberry
>bagel, ritz cracker faux applie pie, and pastrami-on-white-with-a slice-
>of-Kraft-single sandwich.
>
>Is this the way to treat a divine herb of whom Lu Yu stated "Its liquor is
>like the sweetest dew from Heaven" (never mind that he boiled it with
>onions and pepper)?
>
>You might as well spread peanut butter on the host.
>
>Yours in theologic outrage,
>
>Rick.

Brother Chappell -

Before you lay your right hand upon my forehead, to exorcise the
demons from my being for mentioning such blasphemy, and then
commanding me to rePENT for my sins, at least allow me to state my
defense:

Um, well, I didn't add *much* milk and sucralose to my green tea.

cv
Rick Chappell

Quantity doesn't signify to zealots:

"I just nibbled that apple."
"But rabbi, it was just a single bacon cheeseburger."
"But father, she was just a little girl."
[Okay, that last one might go over.]

Some behaviors are immoral due to principle rather than result.

If, in a new-found tome of Lovecraft, Nyarlathotep is observed taking
tea, it is certain to be green with milk and sucralose.

But repentance is possible. Take a candle and a feather and search
your entire dwelling, kneeling if necessary, for Cremora and
sucralose, expunging the vile substances. Use milk only for Cheerios.
If you are Pythagorean, forswear beans. Think twice before eating
tabuli.

It just got cold in Wisconsin. I'm switching to black, so milk is
permitted.

Thealogically,

Rick.

Charles Vegman > wrote:
> Brother Chappell -
> Before you lay your right hand upon my forehead, to exorcise the
> demons from my being for mentioning such blasphemy, and then
> commanding me to rePENT for my sins, at least allow me to state my
> defense:
> Um, well, I didn't add *much* milk and sucralose to my green tea.

Tee King

Wow. Deep.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:09:45 +0000 (UTC), Rick Chappell
> tripped the light fantastic, then
quipped:

>Quantity doesn't signify to zealots:
>
>"I just nibbled that apple."
>"But rabbi, it was just a single bacon cheeseburger."
>"But father, she was just a little girl."
>[Okay, that last one might go over.]
>
>Some behaviors are immoral due to principle rather than result.
>
>If, in a new-found tome of Lovecraft, Nyarlathotep is observed taking
>tea, it is certain to be green with milk and sucralose.
>
>But repentance is possible. Take a candle and a feather and search
>your entire dwelling, kneeling if necessary, for Cremora and
>sucralose, expunging the vile substances. Use milk only for Cheerios.
>If you are Pythagorean, forswear beans. Think twice before eating
>tabuli.
>
>It just got cold in Wisconsin. I'm switching to black, so milk is
>permitted.
>
>Thealogically,
>
>Rick.
>
>Charles Vegman > wrote:
>> Brother Chappell -
>> Before you lay your right hand upon my forehead, to exorcise the
>> demons from my being for mentioning such blasphemy, and then
>> commanding me to rePENT for my sins, at least allow me to state my
>> defense:
>> Um, well, I didn't add *much* milk and sucralose to my green tea.

·.·´¨ ¨)) :¤:
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Tee
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
:¤: ((¸¸ ·.·

http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.
Paul Guertin

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:09:45 +0000 (UTC), Rick Chappell
> wrote:

> If, in a new-found tome of Lovecraft, Nyarlathotep is observed taking
> tea, it is certain to be green with milk and sucralose.

That is my favourite sentence containing both "Nyarlatothep" and
"sucralose" ever!

Paul Guertin

fLameDogg

Debbie Deutsch > wrote in
. 97.132:

> Listen, it could have been worse. The green tea might have been
> adulterated with soy milk instead of the stuff from a cow. :-)

Um, I use soy milk. "Silk" creamer, at least. Not in green tea though :OD

--
fD
Debbie Deutsch

fLameDogg > wrote in
:

> Debbie Deutsch > wrote in
> . 97.132:
>
>> Listen, it could have been worse. The green tea might have been
>> adulterated with soy milk instead of the stuff from a cow. :-)

> Um, I use soy milk. "Silk" creamer, at least. Not in green tea
> though :OD

I've tried that stuff. To me it tastes rather sweet. OTOH, regular
vanilla or chocolate Silk soymilk is yummy.

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a
throw-away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if
and when it is found by spammers.
fLameDogg

Debbie Deutsch > wrote in
. 97.132:

> fLameDogg > wrote in
> :

>> Um, I use soy milk. "Silk" creamer, at least. Not in green tea
>> though :OD

> I've tried that stuff. To me it tastes rather sweet. OTOH, regular
> vanilla or chocolate Silk soymilk is yummy.

Hmm. Come to think of it, the creamer is all I've tried. I will have to
pick up some vanilla soymilk tomorrow.

What's the verdict on chocolate Silk with black tea? It seems wrong, and
yet...

--
fD

Rick Chappell

fLameDogg > wrote:
> What's the verdict on chocolate Silk with black tea? It seems wrong, and
> yet...

Oh lord, grant me forbearance.

Rick.
Natarajan Krishnaswami

On 26 Nov 2003 03:24:26 GMT, fLameDogg > wrote:
> Um, I use soy milk. "Silk" creamer, at least. Not in green tea though :OD

That stuff's fantastic for masala chai.

N.
Charles Vegman

On 26 Nov 2003 04:30:49 GMT, fLameDogg >
wrote:

>Debbie Deutsch > wrote in
.97.132:

>> fLameDogg > wrote in
>> :

>>> Um, I use soy milk. "Silk" creamer, at least. Not in green tea
>>> though :OD

>> I've tried that stuff. To me it tastes rather sweet. OTOH, regular
>> vanilla or chocolate Silk soymilk is yummy.

>Hmm. Come to think of it, the creamer is all I've tried. I will have to
>pick up some vanilla soymilk tomorrow.
>
>What's the verdict on chocolate Silk with black tea? It seems wrong, and
>yet...

Well, certainly, adding chocolate Silk to your Keemun Hao-ya A would
have to taste marvelous, but the resulting mouthfeel would no doubt be
an issue for most persons.

cv