Ralf Schreiner

Default Fook Ming Tong Tea Shop

Hi group!

Has anyone ever heard of this place? They are in Hongkong and have a
few _very_ nice (sounding) specialities in their program.

Thanks,
Ralf

--

mail2me? add a box to the mail - anything else is dumped!
Rick Chappell

Yes, I've been there once long ago (which means that I don't remember
much about it, but since not many HK'ers post here I thought I would
answer anyway). It struck me as a nice place to buy a gift because
the packaging was fancy. I remember being impressed with their
quality but also only bought a token amount because the prices were
very high.

On subsequent trips I have bought tea at

Ying Kee
719 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
Tel: 2391 2388

which is a nice little place that sells tea in paper bags or reused
tea cans. Also a tiny little place at the Temple Street Market (two
blocks West of the Eaton Hotel, is all I can do to guide you there).
If you want fancy packaging you can buy a little "silk" purse at the
Market for a buck or two. I got very friendly receptions at these
shops (in very broken English, of course, but that's fine). They
seemed happy to see a Westerner.

Have fun. Eat lots of strange things.

Rick.

Ralf Schreiner > wrote:
> Hi group!
> Has anyone ever heard of this place? They are in Hongkong and have a
> few _very_ nice (sounding) specialities in their program.

> Thanks,
> Ralf

> --

> mail2me? add a box to the mail - anything else is dumped!

Ralf Schreiner

Hi Rick,

thanks a lot, i was off the net for a couple weeks and just came to
read this. Actually I planned to mail-order there, maybe I should have
mentioned this ;o)

Anyway, thanks again.

Ralf

I followed your advice when I was in China.... I did not regret it but
I guess that's partly because I didn't know what's on the plate all
the time

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:56:20 +0000 (UTC), Rick Chappell
> wrote:

>Yes, I've been there once long ago (which means that I don't remember
>much about it, but since not many HK'ers post here I thought I would
>answer anyway). It struck me as a nice place to buy a gift because
>the packaging was fancy. I remember being impressed with their
>quality but also only bought a token amount because the prices were
>very high.
>
>On subsequent trips I have bought tea at
>
> Ying Kee
> 719 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
> Tel: 2391 2388
>
>which is a nice little place that sells tea in paper bags or reused
>tea cans. Also a tiny little place at the Temple Street Market (two
>blocks West of the Eaton Hotel, is all I can do to guide you there).
>If you want fancy packaging you can buy a little "silk" purse at the
>Market for a buck or two. I got very friendly receptions at these
>shops (in very broken English, of course, but that's fine). They
>seemed happy to see a Westerner.
>
>Have fun. Eat lots of strange things.
>
>Rick.
>

>Ralf Schreiner > wrote:
>> Hi group!
>> Has anyone ever heard of this place? They are in Hongkong and have a
>> few _very_ nice (sounding) specialities in their program.

>> Thanks,
>> Ralf

>> --

>> mail2me? add a box to the mail - anything else is dumped!

Grocery List tool - shop fast, shop easy Samys Dad General Cooking 116 02-06-2012 05:12 AM
Grocery List tool - shop fast, shop easy Samys Dad Recipes 2 27-05-2012 02:35 AM
What in the fook II e2out Beer 2 27-10-2008 09:17 PM
what in the fook is e2out Beer 0 19-10-2008 03:39 PM
Serving Tong [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 11-08-2008 03:41 AM