Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Jade Oolong

On a brief journey outside my tea deprived area, I found some jade
oolong by Rishi in bulk. This was a pretty good Jade, I thought but I
hadn't had any jade in a long time. I just enjoy the fragrance as well
as the lovely springtime in a cup of this oolong. Can you guys talk
about different Jades and how they taste and how you like them and
where you get them? Or as well Likened to...
Wishing I had another cup of this....
Jenn
Really liking the DC in my cup now too...
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 9, 12:58*pm, Jenn > wrote:
> On a brief journey outside my tea deprived area, I found some jade
> oolong by Rishi in bulk. This was a pretty good Jade, I thought but I
> hadn't had any jade in a long time. I just enjoy the fragrance as well
> as the lovely springtime in a cup of this oolong. Can you guys talk
> about different Jades and how they taste and how you like them and
> where you get them? Or as well Likened to...
> Wishing I had another cup of this....
> Jenn
> Really liking the DC in my cup now too...

There's a whole lot about jade oolong in the archives. Type "jade
oolong" in the "search this group" square. It's been awhile since
I've had it- if I go to an oolong it's a TGY these days. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:58:51 -0700 (PDT), Jenn
> wrote:

>On a brief journey outside my tea deprived area, I found some jade
>oolong by Rishi in bulk. This was a pretty good Jade, I thought but I
>hadn't had any jade in a long time. I just enjoy the fragrance as well
>as the lovely springtime in a cup of this oolong. Can you guys talk
>about different Jades and how they taste and how you like them and
>where you get them? Or as well Likened to...
>Wishing I had another cup of this....
>Jenn
>Really liking the DC in my cup now too...

Coincidentally, I just finished brewing my second pot of jade oolong
that was in an oolong sampler from Adagio. This one has the pedestrian
label "Oolong #18".

I brewed the pot using the loose recommendations from Adagio:

Tea: 6.8 g
Water: 18 oz (2.25 g / 6 oz cup)
Temp: 180°
Time: 5:00

What a nice cup. Very mild. Almost silky smooth. A light, refreshing
aroma. Every bit as good at the end as the beginning.

When I saw your post, I went to the Rishi site and read that they
recommend less tea, higher temperature, and a shorter steep. So, even
though this is not a Rishi tea, I tried it with their parameters:

Tea: 6.4 g
Water: 24 oz (1.60 g / 6 oz cup)
Temp: 195°
Time: 3:30

This was a bit too weak for me, although, by the last cup, it no
longer seemed weak.

I'm going to buy a larger sample from either Upton (they have several
jade oolongs) or Rishi and give it a more thorough trial.

I think this may become a staple.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Jenn wrote:
> On a brief journey outside my tea deprived area, I found some jade
> oolong by Rishi in bulk. This was a pretty good Jade, I thought but I
> hadn't had any jade in a long time. I just enjoy the fragrance as well
> as the lovely springtime in a cup of this oolong. Can you guys talk
> about different Jades and how they taste and how you like them and
> where you get them? Or as well Likened to...
> Wishing I had another cup of this....
> Jenn
> Really liking the DC in my cup now too...

Dung Ding (sometimes found as Tung Ting) is my favourite tea of all
time. It's a fantastic Jade Oolong.

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> I'm going to buy a larger sample from either Upton (they have several
> jade oolongs) or Rishi and give it a more thorough trial.
>
> I think this may become a staple.

Hi Square Peg,
I bought some jade from upton (boy they deliver quickly too) And the
rishi was better. It was deeper in flavor but the upton was ok. I
have had the tung ting or Dong ding from Harney but It was a while
back. I thought it was ok too.(I cannot recollect too good) It seems
right now I just am craving those greener oolongs... ( I should have
kept a journal... But it seems as if tastes change with time. I kept a
wine journal but what I loved then is not what I love now)
Maybe should try an adagio. A few years ago I couldnt even find a jade
oolong but they are a bit more available than before.
I am interested in all of yalls interp of jade too guys.
Thanks...

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> Dung Ding (sometimes found as Tung Ting) is my favourite tea of all
> time. It's a fantastic Jade Oolong.

Hi Warren,
Which are your favorite purveyors of this? I remember liking this one
too but it was a while back..
Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Jenn wrote:
>> Dung Ding (sometimes found as Tung Ting) is my favourite tea of all
>> time. It's a fantastic Jade Oolong.

> Hi Warren,
> Which are your favorite purveyors of this? I remember liking this one
> too but it was a while back..
> Jenn

I tend to buy my teas from specialteas.com but it's best when I bring it
back from Taiwan.

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.theteafaq.com/ The Tea FAQ
HTTP://www.jerkyfaq.com/ The Jerky FAQ
HTTP://www.omega3faq.com/ The Omega 3 Fatty Acids FAQ
http://www.probioticsfaq.com/ The Probiotics FAQ

Wu Yi Yan Cha Bing - A Lush Oolong! And The Smoothest Nai Xiang (milk) Oolong! Shen[_2_] Tea 12 20-01-2008 11:27 PM
chinese jade culture Stone hong General Cooking 0 04-09-2007 12:57 PM
Doggy thinks Jade is Blu Daedalus Vegan 20 30-10-2006 02:42 AM
Jade Oolong [email protected] Tea 47 21-08-2006 09:46 PM
Experience Jade Ranges bap Cooking Equipment 9 14-03-2004 09:18 PM