Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default The Benefits of Ginger Root

Using Ginger Root has many benefits. It can be used for treating such
elements as common colds, flu, headaches, motion sickness, athletes
foot, etc. Grandma was right. When you were a kid with an upset
stomach or the flu and she gave you flat ginger ale and saltines
instead of medicine, she knew what she was doing.

Please click on my link to read mo http://www.hippiepower.com/the-benefits-of-ginger-root/

Peace and Love
Hippie Chick

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

In article .com>,
Hippie Chick > wrote:
>Using Ginger Root has many benefits. It can be used for treating such
>elements as common colds, flu, headaches, motion sickness, athletes
>foot, etc. Grandma was right. When you were a kid with an upset
>stomach or the flu and she gave you flat ginger ale and saltines
>instead of medicine, she knew what she was doing.

Yes, but it's a tisane. If you sold that stuff as "tea" in France, you
could go to jail for as long as 35 years.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article .com>,
> Hippie Chick > wrote:
>> Using Ginger Root has many benefits. It can be used for treating such
>> elements as common colds, flu, headaches, motion sickness, athletes
>> foot, etc. Grandma was right. When you were a kid with an upset
>> stomach or the flu and she gave you flat ginger ale and saltines
>> instead of medicine, she knew what she was doing.

> Yes, but it's a tisane. If you sold that stuff as "tea" in France, you
> could go to jail for as long as 35 years.
> --scott

We sometimes boil some grated ginger and "elaichi" or small green
cardomom with tea. Those are the basic spices used in "chai" (along
with lots of sugar).
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 19, 9:34 pm, Aloke Prasad >
wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > In article .com>,
> > Hippie Chick > wrote:
> >> Using Ginger Root has many benefits. It can be used for treating such
> >> elements as common colds, flu, headaches, motion sickness, athletes
> >> foot, etc. Grandma was right. When you were a kid with an upset
> >> stomach or the flu and she gave you flat ginger ale and saltines
> >> instead of medicine, she knew what she was doing.

> > Yes, but it's a tisane. If you sold that stuff as "tea" in France, you
> > could go to jail for as long as 35 years.
> > --scott

> We sometimes boil some grated ginger and "elaichi" or small green
> cardomom with tea. Those are the basic spices used in "chai" (along
> with lots of sugar).

I never had any idea you would go to jail for using ginger. Man, I use
it in stir fry's in my tea...and when I bake. I find it really helps
ease stomach discomfort as well. But of course, always talking to a
family doctor is a good idea, if you have a serious illness or you are
pregnant. I guess being Canadian has many benifits. We sell Ginger tea
and ginger root in health food stores and grocery stores all around
here.

Thanks for you input!

Peace and Love Hippie Chick

www.hippiepower.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 20 Mar 2007 06:10:43 -0700, "Hippie Chick" >
wrote:

>On Mar 19, 9:34 pm, Aloke Prasad >
>wrote:
>> Scott Dorsey wrote:

>> > Yes, but it's a tisane. If you sold that stuff as "tea" in France, you
>> > could go to jail for as long as 35 years.
>> > --scott

>> We sometimes boil some grated ginger and "elaichi" or small green
>> cardomom with tea. Those are the basic spices used in "chai" (along
>> with lots of sugar).

>I never had any idea you would go to jail for using ginger.

A little too much mary jane? You been smokin' that stuff since the
60s?

He didn't say you would go to jail for using ginger. He said you could
go to jail for calling it "tea" -- in France.