SeafoodAdv

Default Brief Comment: Sushi in Hawaii by Walter Rhee

Art wrote:

>For that matter, how about Hawaii, given it's proximity to Japan? I know about
>spam musubi, yeah, I'll try it once, perhaps. I'd just like to be aware of any
>specialties (heading there in June for 2 weeks, barring unforeseen
>complications).

In Hawaii, other permutations of spam musubi exist running along the lines of
Monty Python's spam-ham skit. Fried spam, teriyaki spam, battered spam,
breakfast spam (eggs added), spam lite, spam with bacon, ham, thin spam, thick
spam, etc.

Also there are poke ("poh-key") sushi, chicken teriyaki musubi, hotdog musubi,
plus Hawaiian fusion sushi. Be sure to pack elastic waist pants when you come.

See you in June.

Walter