Posted to ne.food,alt.food.sushi

Default Brief Comment: Cooking Courses @ CCAE (non-profit org) by Walter Rhee

I will be teaching at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education (CCAE)
in May/June 2009
(latter part of Spring term). Some new courses have been added. If
interested, check:

http://www.ccae.org/catalog/result.php?search=Rhee

Bon Gusto,
Walter Rhee
Posted to ne.food,alt.food.sushi

On 2009-02-16 11:27:34 -0800, said:

Come on, Walter: When are you taking this show on the road?!

> I will be teaching at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education (CCAE)
> in May/June 2009
> (latter part of Spring term). Some new courses have been added. If
> interested, check:

http://www.ccae.org/catalog/result.php?search=Rhee

If Logcher and other Bostonians don't make it to this, you're crazy:

Check out the best Asian restaurants in Boston. Students will
"restaurant hop," tasting many different types of appetizers, main
courses, and desserts, all at different places. You will learn what to
look for, what to order, and where to go. Course fee includes all food
samplings. Please wear comfortable shoes, as we will be doing a lot of
walking. Elastic waistband clothes highly recommended. Limited to 18.
Sec. 01: 1 Saturday, 10:00 am-2:00 pm. May 30, Address sent to
registrants | $91
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to ne.food,alt.food.sushi

Gerry wrote:
> On 2009-02-16 11:27:34 -0800, said:
>
> Come on, Walter: When are you taking this show on the road?!
>
>> I will be teaching at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education (CCAE)
>> in May/June 2009
>> (latter part of Spring term). Some new courses have been added. If
>> interested, check:

http://www.ccae.org/catalog/result.php?search=Rhee

> If Logcher and other Bostonians don't make it to this, you're crazy:
>
> Check out the best Asian restaurants in Boston. Students will
> "restaurant hop," tasting many different types of appetizers, main
> courses, and desserts, all at different places. You will learn what to
> look for, what to order, and where to go. Course fee includes all food
> samplings. Please wear comfortable shoes, as we will be doing a lot of
> walking. Elastic waistband clothes highly recommended. Limited to 18.
> Sec. 01: 1 Saturday, 10:00 am-2:00 pm. May 30, Address sent to
> registrants | $91

I've taken some of Walter's courses and had a great time. I've also done
the Chinatown restaurant hop as well. Good stuff!

--
Dan
Posted to ne.food,alt.food.sushi

On Feb 17, 8:23*am, Gerry > wrote:
> On 2009-02-16 11:27:34 -0800, said:
>
> Come on, Walter: When are you taking this show on the road?!

Some years ago, I made a pilot PBS "Asian Cooking w/ Walter Rhee"
planning to make it into series.
But I held off in order to get a master's degree in food science.

All the courses I have taught in the past at the Cambridge Center were
alpha and beta runs for future shows.

I am now ready to get on the road. My challenge is looking for
sponsors to raise anywhere from 0.8 to 1 million USD per series which
seems to be the going market price. It's been an uphill battle.

Suggestions anyone?

Bon Gusto,

Walter Rhee

Posted to ne.food,alt.food.sushi

On Feb 19, 9:58*am, wrote:
> On Feb 17, 8:23*am, Gerry > wrote:
>
> > On 2009-02-16 11:27:34 -0800, said:

> > Come on, Walter: When are you taking this show on the road?!

> Some years ago, I made a pilot PBS "Asian Cooking w/ Walter Rhee"
> planning to make it into series.
> But I held off in order to get a master's degree in food science.
>
> All the courses I have taught in the past at the Cambridge Center were
> alpha and beta runs for future shows.
>
> I am now ready to get on the road. My challenge is looking for
> sponsors to raise anywhere from 0.8 to 1 million USD per series which
> seems to be the going market price. It's been an uphill battle.
>
> Suggestions anyone?
>
> Bon Gusto,
>
> Walter Rhee

"All the courses I have taught in the past at the Cambridge Center
were
alpha and beta runs for future shows."

in the above should read:

"All the courses I have taught in the past at the Cambridge Center
turned out to be
serendipitious alpha and beta runs for future shows"

Bon Gusto,

Walter Rhee