Texas Yankee

Default Soy wrapper for ushi

What's the proper name for the soy-based sushi wrapper material (NOT the
seaweed wrapper).

Can anyone point to a source for this where I could purchase it on the
internet?

Thanks!

Tea

"Texas Yankee" > wrote in message
> What's the proper name for the soy-based sushi wrapper material (NOT the
> seaweed wrapper).
>
> Can anyone point to a source for this where I could purchase it on the
> internet?
>
> Thanks!

I think you are looking for inari, but I'm not sure.

Candice

I think you may be talking about Mamenori.

http://www.sushifoods.com/Merchant2/...ry_Code=FP-MAM

Hope this helps!

"Texas Yankee" > wrote in message
> What's the proper name for the soy-based sushi wrapper material (NOT the
> seaweed wrapper).
>
> Can anyone point to a source for this where I could purchase it on the
> internet?
>
> Thanks!

Texas Yankee

That's IT!!! Thanks very much!
"Candice" > wrote in message
. com...
> I think you may be talking about Mamenori.

http://www.sushifoods.com/Merchant2/...ry_Code=FP-MAM

> Hope this helps!
>
> "Texas Yankee" > wrote in message
> > What's the proper name for the soy-based sushi wrapper material (NOT the
> > seaweed wrapper).
> >
> > Can anyone point to a source for this where I could purchase it on the
> > internet?
> >
> > Thanks!

Dan Logcher

Candice wrote:

> I think you may be talking about Mamenori.
>

> http://www.sushifoods.com/Merchant2/...ry_Code=FP-MAM

Does mamenori taste like inari? I've never had it before, is a traditional
wrapper? I have had makis wrapped with thin cucumber wrappers.

--
Dan

Sluggo the Flusher

Dan Logcher wrote:

> Does mamenori taste like inari? I've never had it before, is a traditional
> wrapper? I have had makis wrapped with thin cucumber wrappers.

It doesn't really taste like much of anything... If I remember correctly,
it's basically the dried skin that forms on top of soy "milk" after it
separates from the mash when making tofu, so it tastes kind of like a thin
dried tofu skin.

Didn't know it came in different colors, though... Pretty cool!

*slug*

Cape Cod Bob

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:23:52 -0400, Dan Logcher
> wrote:

>> Communion wafers.

>And that would taste like?

It's heavenly.
_____
"How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for
those who are wise and of good will."
Albert Einstein
_____

Cape Cod Bob
Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
Delete the two "spam"s for email
txm

Is "mamenori" dried "yuba"? Or totally different thing?

"mamenori" sounds like Japanese but I do not think it is commonly used
Japanese.

. com...