Musashi

Default OT- smoked eel

Sorry for OT enquiry.
Does anyone know where I can purchase Smoked Eel
(like the kind I've had in England) in the New York area?
Alternatively an online place (not in Europe) that I can
order from.
Thanks very much

PS: Had excellent lunch (sushi-omakase) at Hatsuhana
yeterday.

Dan Logcher

Musashi wrote:

> PS: Had excellent lunch (sushi-omakase) at Hatsuhana
> yeterday.

On 48th St.? Did they have any good special items?

--
Dan

Musashi

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:
>
> > PS: Had excellent lunch (sushi-omakase) at Hatsuhana
> > yeterday.

> On 48th St.? Did they have any good special items?
>
> --
> Dan

Wasn't paying that much attention as was with a client.
But the shima aji was excellent as was the toro.

John Droge

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...
> Sorry for OT enquiry.
> Does anyone know where I can purchase Smoked Eel
> (like the kind I've had in England) in the New York area?
> Alternatively an online place (not in Europe) that I can
> order from.
> Thanks very much
>
> PS: Had excellent lunch (sushi-omakase) at Hatsuhana
> yeterday.

This goes way back (70's) to when I lived in New York, but there used to be
some smoke houses off Rockaway Blvd not far from the runways at Kennedy that
smoked their own fish including eels, try the yellow pages if they haven't
been urban renewed (they were all run by old Germans) You should should be
able to get Smoortaal (smoked eel) in the city at a German gourmet shop ( my
Plaatdeutsch parents always thought the stuff in the stores too greasy-we
went out to Rockaway)
How about Canada http://www.smokedsalmon.isn.net Looks good on the web site.
Not far away (for mail order) only P.E.I and priced in Canadian dollars
(love that ecxhange rate)
John

Tea

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...
> Sorry for OT enquiry.
> Does anyone know where I can purchase Smoked Eel
> (like the kind I've had in England) in the New York area?
> Alternatively an online place (not in Europe) that I can
> order from.
> Thanks very much
>
> PS: Had excellent lunch (sushi-omakase) at Hatsuhana
> yeterday.

Try Myers of Kswick or Carry On Tea and Sympathy. Both of them will be able
to tell you where to get smoked eel.

tony

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:46:53 GMT, "Musashi" >
wrote:

>Sorry for OT enquiry.
>Does anyone know where I can purchase Smoked Eel
>(like the kind I've had in England) in the New York area?
>Alternatively an online place (not in Europe) that I can
>order from.
>Thanks very much
>
>PS: Had excellent lunch (sushi-omakase) at Hatsuhana
>yeterday.

Check out www.lobsterworld.com

It doesn't specify eel but I know they have it. Smoked products by J.
Willy Krauch & Sons Ltd.

smoked eel J&J General Cooking 5 17-12-2012 04:05 PM
Smoked cod? ceed Barbecue 9 01-07-2005 10:39 PM
Smoked Eel Questions Sushi 36 04-02-2005 11:09 PM
Could this be smoked? Graeme... in London Barbecue 4 27-11-2003 09:58 PM
Smoked salmon: croft smoked. Oz General Cooking 3 24-10-2003 08:03 AM