Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default stone ground flour

Does anyone grind their own
flour?
Can you advise me as to
grinding raw buckwheat or
toasted buckwheat to make
sourdough buckwheat pancakes?

Nicki
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I grind my own hard red and white wheat berries with an electric stone
mill set at the finest setting. I would think that buckwheat would
require about the same settings.

I have ground barley also to use in my breads.

Forest Princess wrote:
> Does anyone grind their own
> flour?
> Can you advise me as to
> grinding raw buckwheat or
> toasted buckwheat to make
> sourdough buckwheat pancakes?
>
> Nicki

My head spins trying to find the right type of quarry stone to beused as baking stone Manda Ruby General Cooking 5 26-08-2009 04:56 PM
No luck in finding unglazed quarry stone; which Pizza stone should Ibuy out of this 3 Manda Ruby General Cooking 0 26-08-2009 07:47 AM
Stone ground whole wheat flour. bfairey Baking 1 02-02-2007 09:28 AM
Stone ground grits JCF General Cooking 6 16-08-2006 10:45 PM
quarry stone = pizza stone : continued? Zed Rafi Barbecue 17 20-08-2004 03:15 AM