Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Where is Samartha and Where are his Wonderful Web Pages?

He has not been around for a month and I keep getting error messages
trying to access his pages.

Anyone have info?

Boron
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I tried accessing his site earlier today and didn't get through.
Hopefully, his server is just down. I am glad I had previously printed
out a few instructions from his site.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Boron Elgar wrote:

> He has not been around for a month and I keep getting error messages
> trying to access his pages.
>
> Anyone have info?

whois shows the site is still available, but doing a ping timed out with
100% loss and a tracert from here showed it to be unreachable.

whois shows a technical and admin contact as which
looks more like the hosting company than him.

B/
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:23:51 -0800, Brian Mailman
> wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> He has not been around for a month and I keep getting error messages
>> trying to access his pages.
>>
>> Anyone have info?

>whois shows the site is still available, but doing a ping timed out with
>100% loss and a tracert from here showed it to be unreachable.
>
>whois shows a technical and admin contact as which
>looks more like the hosting company than him.
>
>B/

Perhaps he is away and takes it down when he cannot monitor it.

Quien sabe?

Boron
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:19:47 -0500, "CHI-MoM" >
wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:23:51 -0800, Brian Mailman
>> > wrote:

>>>whois shows the site is still available, but doing a ping timed out with
>>>100% loss and a tracert from here showed it to be unreachable.
>>>
>>>whois shows a technical and admin contact as which
>>>looks more like the hosting company than him.
>>>
>>>B/

>> Perhaps he is away and takes it down when he cannot monitor it.
>>
>> Quien sabe?
>>
>> Boron

>What's the web address?

I think this is the direct SD link.

www.samartha.net/SD/

And this the main link:

www.samartha.net/

Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Boron,

I have had the same problem, but I am able to view his site using the
wabackmachine. You should be able to do the same by going to
http://www.webarchive.org, and entering the URL
"www.samartha.net/SD/index.html" in the waybackmachine window. It takes
a while to load each page the first time, and not all the graphics are
there, but his pics of the bread and all the text are viewable that
way. (Choose the most recent date when you get the results fromt he
waybackmachine search.)

Hope this helps.
Corina

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Thanks

--
CHI-MoM
"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:19:47 -0500, "CHI-MoM" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:23:51 -0800, Brian Mailman

>>> Perhaps he is away and takes it down when he cannot monitor it.
>>>
>>> Quien sabe?
>>>
>>> Boron

>>What's the web address?

> I think this is the direct SD link.

www.samartha.net/SD/

> And this the main link:
>
> www.samartha.net/
>
> Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"CHI-MoM" > wrote in message
.. .

> Thanks

over total requote of

back to >>>>>>'s.

Can't you people get it that you do not need to requote messages
in their entirety, particularly when they are largely requotes.

For modern newsreaders, right clicking in the news ID will open
your browser to the subject message until it decays off your news
server. Try it.

You could edit out all but a few requoted lines to give people an
idea what part of the subject message you are responding to.

That is mentioned in Darrell's Newcomers' Tips page:
http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/newcomertips.html item 4.

(That link/URL still works, at least for now.)

What I am trying to say is that it is very unimaginative and unresourceful
to post a single word/line over or under a whole bunch of played-back crap
with all of its >>>>>'s and spurious line breaks. (But over is better -- let's
debate that!)

--
Dicky
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Dicky...

It's been a while since you posted. Hope your corned beef was good.

If you read at

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...c95da7bfbad99f

instead of fooling with email (old wave dontchathink) you'd see that
Google has conveniently collapsed all of the comments automatically.
What you see is the link and the word "Thanks".

By-the-by, got a new camera: Canon A610. Might have some pic's soon.

Will

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Will" > wrote >
> By-the-by, got a new camera: Canon A610. Might have some pic's soon.
>
> Will

cool.....

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Will wrote:
> Dicky...
>
> It's been a while since you posted. Hope your corned beef was good.
>
> If you read at
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...c95da7bfbad99f
>
> instead of fooling with email (old wave dontchathink) you'd see that
> Google has conveniently collapsed all of the comments automatically.
> What you see is the link and the word "Thanks".
>
> By-the-by, got a new camera: Canon A610. Might have some pic's soon.
>
> Will

Maybe Dicky's the only one still getting the email and that's why he's
the only on that it bothers. : -)

You can view as a tree and sort by date or reply too.

Yahoo as just introduced emoticons and rich text. That would be fun. :
-)

TG

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:20:04 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>He has not been around for a month and I keep getting error messages
>trying to access his pages.
>
>Anyone have info?
>
>Boron

I heard through a kindly third party that S is out of town right and a
glitch has developed in his server in his absence.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Folks,

Da site and email is up again, I was in Brazil for some training and
vacation. Internet access from there was awkward and I did not bother to
go after fixing it. I actually was quite content with not getting email
for some time. I know what causes the problem but something made me
avoiding to fix it, luckily;-)

The bread aspect of it was that I eventually made bread for the training
group so they had one 1500 g loaf per day during the second week of
training.

From that, I had enough bread to get me through most of the vacation
but I still had to make one loaf in the last week to avoid the flummy
wonder bread stuff.

There was not enough time do to a full DM3 process, so I did the triple
thing once to get enough SD and took a picture of the bread (40 % rye,
wimpy gas oven, no tiles, not enough heat from top to get it really good
brown - maybe connected with starter):

http://samartha.net/SD/images/BYDATE...IMG_0410-S.JPG
http://samartha.net/SD/images/BYDATE...IMG_0415-S.JPG

Interesting with all of this was:

1.) What works here in Colorado with 70 % hydration needed in Brazil 60
% hydration - already seen 3 years ago.

2.) The DM3 process (done with the bread at the training) again turned
out superior taste in the bread compared to the tripling or any other
shortcut process (tried earlier) in growing the starter. It's sweeter
and fuller. The shortcuts deliver maybe more sourness but other
components - sweetness and "fullness" are missing.

So - happy SD baking around the world!

Samartha

Boron Elgar wrote:
> He has not been around for a month and I keep getting error messages
> trying to access his pages.
>
> Anyone have info?
>
> Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Samartha Deva" > wrote in message
news:mailman.1143163287.2631.rec.food.sourdough@ww w.mountainbitwarrior.com...
> Folks,
>
> Da site and email is up again, I was in Brazil for some training and
> vacation.

Welcome Back. Hope you had a good time.

Gordon in SW Indiana

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

--
CHI-MoM
"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

"CHI-MoM" > wrote in message
.. .

> Thanks

over total requote of

back to >>>>>>'s.

Can't you people get it that you do not need to requote messages
in their entirety, particularly when they are largely requotes.

For modern newsreaders, right clicking in the news ID will open
your browser to the subject message until it decays off your news
server. Try it.

You could edit out all but a few requoted lines to give people an
idea what part of the subject message you are responding to.

That is mentioned in Darrell's Newcomers' Tips page:
http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/newcomertips.html item 4.

(That link/URL still works, at least for now.)

What I am trying to say is that it is very unimaginative and unresourceful
to post a single word/line over or under a whole bunch of played-back crap
with all of its >>>>>'s and spurious line breaks. (But over is better --
let's
debate that!)

--
Dicky

Can't you get a life?

MoM

Two wonderful web pages I use a lot Boron Elgar General Cooking 6 26-01-2015 02:45 AM
Pages and pages of scaat! Mikie[_3_] General Cooking 1 27-02-2009 04:43 PM
Samartha's rye Jeff Miller Sourdough 0 13-06-2007 12:40 AM
Samartha's rye Mike Avery Sourdough 0 12-06-2007 11:40 PM
Samartha's rye Jeff Miller Sourdough 1 12-06-2007 10:38 PM