John G.

Default Availability of SPELT flour in Canada?

Does anyone in this NG happen to know where I might obtain spelt flour
on the west coast of BC, Canada?

Thanks.
graham

"John G." <Grizzly@lostworld> wrote in message

> Does anyone in this NG happen to know where I might obtain spelt flour
> on the west coast of BC, Canada?
>
> Thanks.

Have you tried any of the health-food/whole-food stores that sell bulk
items? Here, in Calgary, we have a couple that stock spelt flour, both
whole and white. I would have thought that Vancouver would have had scores
of stores of this type.
Graham

apple core

Have you tried Choices or Capers?

I saw various flours at Choices supermarket.
Good luck!

ellen wickberg

John G. wrote:
> Does anyone in this NG happen to know where I might obtain spelt flour
> on the west coast of BC, Canada?
>
> Thanks.

It's widely available in Vancouver, Choices, Capers, Famous Foods and I
think lots of other places.
Ellen
John G.

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:05:06 GMT, ellen wickberg >
wrote:

>It's widely available in Vancouver, Choices, Capers, Famous Foods and I
>think lots of other places.

Thanks to all who responded to my request. Unfortunately, at least as
far as obtaining Spelt is concerned, when I said the West Coast, I
should have said Powell River, about 80 miles and 2 ferry rides north
of Vancouver. We're pretty remote and VERY limited in availability of
much other than the very basics.

There is one health food store; I'm just concerned about freshness of
the spelt, if they actually have it.

However, the peace and serenity, ocean views, and available fresh
seafood is out of this world!! Just don't tell anyone else!!

Cheers.

Darrell Greenwood

In article >, John G.
<Grizzly@lostworld> wrote:

> should have said Powell River, about 80 miles and 2 ferry rides north
> of Vancouver.

I just saw this weekend, to my surprise, bulk spelt flour at the
Galiano Market, 30 miles and one ferry ride from Vancouver. :-)

Cheers,

Darrell

--
To reply, substitute .net for .invalid in address, i.e., darrell.usenet5 (at)
telus.net
John G.

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 02:12:37 GMT, Darrell Greenwood
> wrote:
>I just saw this weekend, to my surprise, bulk spelt flour at the
>Galiano Market, 30 miles and one ferry ride from Vancouver. :-)

Great! Now, just where IS the Galiano Market?

Cheers.
Don R.

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 03:28:33 GMT, John G. <Grizzly@lostworld> wrote:

>Great! Now, just where IS the Galiano Market?

Proably on the Sechelt peninsula somewhere.
Don R.

Remove STOP SPAM to reply
Dick Adams

"Don R." > wrote in message =

> On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 03:28:33 GMT, John G. <Grizzly@lostworld> wrote:

=20
> >Great! Now, just where IS the Galiano Market?

> Probably on the Sechelt peninsula somewhere.

Can I make sourdough without spelt? We are on the east coast, and I do
not believe there is any such market or peninsula around here.

--
Dicky

Darrell Greenwood

In article >, John G.
<Grizzly@lostworld> wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 02:12:37 GMT, Darrell Greenwood
> > wrote:
> >I just saw this weekend, to my surprise, bulk spelt flour at the
> >Galiano Market, 30 miles and one ferry ride from Vancouver. :-)

> Great! Now, just where IS the Galiano Market?

97 Georgeson Bay Rd. Galiano Island, B.C.

The surprise is that a small market serving a rural community of under
1000 had spelt flour.

Cheers,

Darrell