Default new to the group

I'm just signed on to this group. I was in the group a few years ago
but took an hiatus from bread baking and dropped off the lists I was
on. I subscribe to lists in digest and confess I find the rec groups
format much harder to read so am not sure I'll be very active.

I live in the San Francisco Bay, literally, on an island, tho it's not
nearly as picturesque as it sounds. Still, I am only a 10 minute walk
from the beach which is lovely and has a perfect view of the SF
skyline.

I've baked breads since I was a kid. I went to a boarding school for
HS where we baked most of our bread. My first sourdough baking sans
commercial yeast was only about 5 years ago. I've done little baking
for the past 2 years, just starting up again now and am mainly making
focaccia. I've used starters purchased from SDI, ones other generous
folks have made and given me and ones I've made myself.

I have 2 adult children, both with serious special needs, two fussy
cats, one highly tolerant husband and a fabulous guide dog owned by my
daughter.

-Marylouise
in Alameda, CA