Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I Am New To This Group

Hi Friends
As we share same interest; I joined this group. Hope together we can
share a lots of tips in cooking and recepies.

Thank'X & Regards
SB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri said...

> wrote:
>> Hi Friends
>> As we share same interest; I joined this group. Hope together we can
>> share a lots of tips in cooking and recepies.
>>

>> Thank'X & Regards
>> SB

> Welcome, SB. Be aware that this is an open forum, and things sometimes
> get a bit heated, if you'll pardon the pun. And sometimes, for no
> reason you can discern, folks'll get rude. In general, with those two
> caveats, folks here are just fine and a pleasure to converse with.
>
> Enjoy,
> maxine in ri

Just be ware of maxine in ri. She can cast spells!!! ...I've heard that
with a snap of her fingers you'll try foods you've hated all your life.

And tip-toe around Margaret, lest you fall into the whirlpool of her
generosity, although it's highly recommended.

Oh, and nancy, she's just about as fun as they come. Brutally opinionated
with good reason, they're her opinions and we lover that about her.

Jill, our favorite Southern belle! When you open the door, she turns on
the stove.

Om, she's a good egg with the astonishing ability to type 100 usenet
posts per minute. Wrestles emus.

sf, hangs out in the most expensive city in the USA. Likes flowers in her
hair and sourdough bread.

LadyJane, I picture a long cool woman in a black dress. What are my
chances?

Jani, mother and trollop and charmer and head of a spicy motorcycle gang.

Well, that most of the women in my black book, I could go on and on.

Andy
Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss and teller!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default SF........ was I Am New To This Group

Andy <q> wrote in :

> sf, hangs out in the most expensive city in the USA. Likes flowers in
> her hair and sourdough bread.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;-)

OK SF, you can say I have a nice bum ;-P

BTW, I *love* sourdough.... and a good rye.

Also pasta dura :-)

I use pasta dura to make garlic bread.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Oh, and nancy, she's just about as fun as they come. Brutally opinionated
> with good reason, they're her opinions and we lover that about her.

How many times do I have to tell you, my opinions are your rules.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Then there's Chatty Cathy who likes to provoke public opinion!

Non possiamo dimenticare Pandora! Donna bella dall'Italia! Owner of Basil,
the r.f.c mascot lizard.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Just be ware of maxine in ri. She can cast spells!!! ...I've heard that
> with a snap of her fingers you'll try foods you've hated all your life.
>
> And tip-toe around Margaret, lest you fall into the whirlpool of her
> generosity, although it's highly recommended.
>
> Oh, and nancy, she's just about as fun as they come. Brutally opinionated
> with good reason, they're her opinions and we lover that about her.
>
> Jill, our favorite Southern belle! When you open the door, she turns on
> the stove.
>
> Om, she's a good egg with the astonishing ability to type 100 usenet
> posts per minute. Wrestles emus.
>
> sf, hangs out in the most expensive city in the USA. Likes flowers in her
> hair and sourdough bread.
>
> LadyJane, I picture a long cool woman in a black dress. What are my
> chances?
>
> Jani, mother and trollop and charmer and head of a spicy motorcycle gang.
>

> Well, that most of the women in my black book, I could go on and on.
>
> Andy
> Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss and teller!

<<<feeling left out. should I go cry my eyes out, or make a hot fudge
sundae to comfort me?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude said...

> <<<feeling left out. should I go cry my eyes out, or make a hot fudge
> sundae to comfort me?

Jude,

Sorry darlin' make a hot fudge sundae.

It's tough being me. I got more women than I can use!

AIM AT ---> ANDY

Ready... Aim...

Andy (wincing)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jude said...
>
> > <<<feeling left out. should I go cry my eyes out, or make a hot fudge
> > sundae to comfort me?

> Jude,
>
> Sorry darlin' make a hot fudge sundae.
>
> It's tough being me. I got more women than I can use!
>
> AIM AT ---> ANDY
>
> Ready... Aim...

......obligingly filling slingshot with the rest of the HOT
fudge..........

> Andy (wincing)

better duck while you're at it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Andy (wincing)

And so you should be!

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy - who will be provoking more than Andy's opinion if he
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Jude said...
>>
>> > <<<feeling left out. should I go cry my eyes out, or make a hot

fudge
>> > sundae to comfort me?

>> Jude,
>>
>> Sorry darlin' make a hot fudge sundae.
>>
>> It's tough being me. I got more women than I can use!
>>
>> AIM AT ---> ANDY
>>
>> Ready... Aim...

> .....obligingly filling slingshot with the rest of the HOT
> fudge..........
>

>> Andy (wincing)

> better duck while you're at it!

Wait, let me re-load!!!

Andy's Evil Twin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Andy (wincing)

> And so you should be!

He SO deserves it!

Andy's Evil Twin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Nov 2006 03:22:23 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Hi Friends
>As we share same interest; I joined this group. Hope together we can
>share a lots of tips in cooking and recepies.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the group!

Carol, aka Damsel

--
Special K Update November 28, 2006 01:50 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> BTW, Andy is our resident "joker" but you'll get used to
> him

Let's put THAT to a vote!

___ CotD
_x_ No CotD

___ Andy
_x_ Andy's Evil Twin

___ Comedy
_x_ Tradegy

Andy's Evil Twin
Vote Evil!
"Let's Rise to the Occasional Muck!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> Welcome! I hope you enjoy the group!
>
> Carol, aka Damsel

Damsel a.k.a Carol is a kind and funny woman, unless she hands out a
THWACK!

If you hear one coming, IT'S TOO LATE!

They don't hurt much for long, if your lucky!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"> On 29 Nov 2006 03:22:23 -0800, "
> > wrote:
>
>>Hi Friends
>>As we share same interest; I joined this group. Hope together we can
>>share a lots of tips in cooking and recepies.

This post sort of struck me as funny because I saw Borat last night!

elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Nov 2006 15:43:05 GMT, PeterL > wrote:

>BTW, I *love* sourdough.

Unless you can find a specialty baker, you're not going to find *good*
sourdough here anymore. Columbo turned up its toes and died a couple
of years ago thanks to being a tiny cog in a big balloon bread wheel.
Alas, there is no more large producer of quality sourdough bread left
in the Bay Area anymore.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-11-30, sf <sf> wrote:

> Unless you can find a specialty baker, you're not going to find *good*
> sourdough here anymore. Columbo turned up its toes and died a couple
> of years ago thanks to being a tiny cog in a big balloon bread wheel.
> Alas, there is no more large producer of quality sourdough bread left
> in the Bay Area anymore.

Hit your local Trader Joe's, sf, and look for a Super Sourdough Boule.
It's about the size of one of those round loaves used to make those
kitschy sourdough chowder bowls. But, don't use it for that. This is
some seriously good bread, as good as Columbo's used to be. I'm
certain it's true SF sourdough. Nothing else has that flavor. If
your local TJ's doesn't have it, tell them to get it. It's in their
warehouses and I had to get pushy when my local TJ's stopped stocking
it all of a sudden. It's even more important now that D-crab season
is on. You won't be disappointed. I gar-ON-tee!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-11-30, sf <sf> wrote:

>> Unless you can find a specialty baker, you're not going to find *good*
>> sourdough here anymore. Columbo turned up its toes and died a couple
>> of years ago thanks to being a tiny cog in a big balloon bread wheel.
>> Alas, there is no more large producer of quality sourdough bread left
>> in the Bay Area anymore.

>Hit your local Trader Joe's, sf, and look for a Super Sourdough Boule.
>It's about the size of one of those round loaves used to make those
>kitschy sourdough chowder bowls. But, don't use it for that. This is
>some seriously good bread, as good as Columbo's used to be. I'm
>certain it's true SF sourdough. Nothing else has that flavor.

I'm going to have to try that. I love sourdough also. I am
fairly satisfied with the Acme sour batard, but it's not quite
sour enough.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

> Hi SB!! I'm new here too and never introduced myself, but proceded to
> jump right in rudely anyway...lol! I'm Gina, am married to Scott and
> mom to Sara and Sam. We're on the east coast of the US right now but
> are moving to Naples, Italy with the military in January. Nice to
> meet you!

Friggin' good news... just don't miss a pizza at the Trianon!
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco wrote:
> ravenlynne wrote:
>
> > Hi SB!! I'm new here too and never introduced myself, but proceded to
> > jump right in rudely anyway...lol! I'm Gina, am married to Scott and
> > mom to Sara and Sam. We're on the east coast of the US right now but
> > are moving to Naples, Italy with the military in January. Nice to
> > meet you!

> Friggin' good news... just don't miss a pizza at the Trianon!
> --
> Vilco
> Think pink, drink rose'

That's a restaraunt?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jude said...
>
> > <<<feeling left out. should I go cry my eyes out, or make a hot fudge
> > sundae to comfort me?

> Jude,
>
> Sorry darlin' make a hot fudge sundae.
>
> It's tough being me. I got more women than I can use!
>
> AIM AT ---> ANDY
>
> Ready... Aim...
>
> Andy (wincing)

User! Watch it buddy, or we'll demo you as an item to use to mop the
middens!

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

>> Friggin' good news... just don't miss a pizza at the Trianon!

> That's a restaraunt?

A pizzeria, one of the most famous just for the pizza. Traditional napolitan
pizza, with a tall ledge around.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-11-30, Steve Pope > wrote:

> fairly satisfied with the Acme sour batard, but it's not quite
> sour enough.

That's because it's bunk! Acme, La Brea, Semifreddie's, etc, are
all pretender wanna-bes. They make the claims, but don't deliver.
Even Columbo's restaurant grade sourdough has lost it. TJ's SSB
puts the sour back in sourdough.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2006 15:43:05 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>
> >BTW, I *love* sourdough.

> Unless you can find a specialty baker, you're not going to find *good*
> sourdough here anymore. Columbo turned up its toes and died a couple
> of years ago thanks to being a tiny cog in a big balloon bread wheel.
> Alas, there is no more large producer of quality sourdough bread left
> in the Bay Area anymore.
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email

yuo're not a fan of Boudin Bakery? Every time we're in SF< we end up
there for chowder in bread bowls....I ordered my dad a gift box from
them for his birthday, he loves their sourdough so much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Nov 2006 05:29:42 -0800, "Jude" > wrote:

>yuo're not a fan of Boudin Bakery? Every time we're in SF< we end up
>there for chowder in bread bowls.

Boudin's is a special trip. I'm saying I was used to just picking up
a loaf at the grocery store anytime I wanted some (which was always).

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:23:31 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-11-30, sf <sf> wrote:
>
>> Unless you can find a specialty baker, you're not going to find *good*
>> sourdough here anymore. Columbo turned up its toes and died a couple
>> of years ago thanks to being a tiny cog in a big balloon bread wheel.
>> Alas, there is no more large producer of quality sourdough bread left
>> in the Bay Area anymore.

>Hit your local Trader Joe's, sf, and look for a Super Sourdough Boule.
>It's about the size of one of those round loaves used to make those
>kitschy sourdough chowder bowls. But, don't use it for that. This is
>some seriously good bread, as good as Columbo's used to be. I'm
>certain it's true SF sourdough. Nothing else has that flavor. If
>your local TJ's doesn't have it, tell them to get it. It's in their
>warehouses and I had to get pushy when my local TJ's stopped stocking
>it all of a sudden. It's even more important now that D-crab season
>is on. You won't be disappointed. I gar-ON-tee!

TJ's isn't even once a week shopping for me. I pick up sourdough when
I go there though, nb... I'm saying there isn't a bakery left that
produces decent sourdough in the bulk needed to be available at the
same time in Safeway and Albertson's etc.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-12-01, sf <sf> wrote:

> produces decent sourdough in the bulk needed to be available at the
> same time in Safeway and Albertson's etc.

Hasn't been for a long time. Colomobo's still sells their big
sourdough rounds in the white paper sack that say's San Francisco
Fisherman's Wharf Sourdough, but it's hard to find. Last time I saw a
loaf was in Gene's a few years ago. But, that was their store grade
sourdough and it hasn't been any good for years. The last place I
bought real SF sourdough was from a local Tri-Valley chain called
Strizzi's, a nice little pasta place that carried Columbo's restaurant
grade sourdough. I'd walk downtown and buy one at least once a week.
The real deal ...San Francisco sourdough. But, when Columbo sold out
to the conglomerate that owns Hostess and a bunch of others, even the
restaurant grade bread went to Hell. Not only that, but they cut back
delivery to only 3 days a week. Imagine a bakery expecting customers
to serve day old bread a few days a week. Even Strizzi's said to Hell
with it and dumped Columbo's.

This turned the whole SFBA into a SF sourdough wasteland for about
seven or eight months, at least out here on the frontier. Finally I
stumbled across the SSB at TJ's and was saved.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 02:05:35 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-12-01, sf <sf> wrote:
>
>> produces decent sourdough in the bulk needed to be available at the
>> same time in Safeway and Albertson's etc.

>This turned the whole SFBA into a SF sourdough wasteland for about
>seven or eight months, at least out here on the frontier. Finally I
>stumbled across the SSB at TJ's and was saved.

One of my favorite "comfort" restaurants is serving sourdough that's
almost as good as it used to be. I think their bread comes from a
bakery in Santa Rosa.

--
See return address to reply by email

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
want add this group [email protected] General Cooking 10 21-06-2008 02:11 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM