Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dan Dan is offline

Default Fraud?

I asked their customer support via email where they have their sourdough and never got an answer.

Could somebody else ask too?

Dan

http://www.snydersofhanover.com/sour...-pretzels.html

Sourdough Hard Pretzels

Individually rolled and twisted, then slow-baked to seal in the flavor of real sourdough... like the genuine taste and hearty crunch of our Sourdough Hard Pretzels.

Ingredients

Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, salt, yeast, soda.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 23:02:54 -0800 (PST), Dan >
wrote:

>I asked their customer support via email where they have their sourdough and never got an answer.

Ingredients: Yeast and Soda
Both sourdough antagonists.
And it would have to be "quick-baked", so as to form a crust
and keep the taste in, not slow baked, that would make it lose the
flavor and dry out.
So there is your answer. Not sure of the "legalese" though.
What is the legal definition of sourdough ?
[]'s

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014 14:59:30 UTC-7 schrieb Shadow:

> Ingredients: Yeast and Soda
>
> Both sourdough antagonists.
>
> And it would have to be "quick-baked", so as to form a crust
>
> and keep the taste in, not slow baked, that would make it lose the
>
> flavor and dry out.
>
> So there is your answer. Not sure of the "legalese" though.
>
> What is the legal definition of sourdough ?

Bakers yeast gets eaten by LB's if.. they are there.

Legal definition in US is anything goes. For example:

"then slow-baked to seal in the flavor of real sourdough..."

from: http://www.snydersofhanover.com/prod...-pretzels.html

And anyone who isn't familiar with sourdough gets trained how "real" sourdough is supposed to taste.

Grossly missleading but who cares....

It's almost as if telling the truth will hamper sales so let's lie about it.

http://www.sustainweb.org/realbread/bread_labelling/
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:18:51 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>> What is the legal definition of sourdough ?

>Bakers yeast gets eaten by LB's if.. they are there.
>
>Legal definition in US is anything goes. For example:
>
>"then slow-baked to seal in the flavor of real sourdough..."
>
>from:
http://www.snydersofhanover.com/prod...-pretzels.html

>And anyone who isn't familiar with sourdough gets trained how "real" sourdough is supposed to taste.
>
>Grossly missleading but who cares....
>
>It's almost as if telling the truth will hamper sales so let's lie about it.
>
>http://www.sustainweb.org/realbread/bread_labelling/

Hey, nice link.

"limits the use of the term 'sourdough' to bread with a maximum pH of
4.3 and an acetic acid content of at least 900 parts per million"

Which would rule out baking soda but probably entice the
American "bakers" to pour vinegar into the mix ....
Probably best to let the Sheeple THINK they are eating
sourdough ....
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Olive oil fraud A Moose in Love General Cooking 11 08-02-2013 12:52 PM
Food Fraud Janet Bostwick General Cooking 49 28-01-2013 07:14 PM
Burgundy fraud JT Wine 9 30-06-2012 04:55 PM
Fish Fraud... Gregory Morrow[_30_] General Cooking 8 11-05-2007 02:32 PM
Citysearch is a fraud! Jacob Rizor Restaurants 4 24-07-2004 04:08 PM