Posted to alt.bread.recipes,Rec.food.cooking,rec.food.sourdough

Default A new conclusion

(excuse the cross post)

Made more bread - the results are getting better.

Conclusion # 1

Home made sourdough maker pretty damn good Garlic bread to serve with
lasagna.

My weekend guests devoured 1 1/2 loves.last night

LOL

The spread:

1/4 LB salted butter
3/4 head fresh garlic.
smidge seasoned salt
double smidge fresh ground pepper.
1 T fresh Italian Parsley
1/2 t Italian herbs (mixed)
1 T (about) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
enough EVOO to make a thick paste.

Add first 7 ingredients to the food processor and process adding EVOO as
you go.

Spread on the bread and broil.

Dimitri

Posted to alt.bread.recipes,Rec.food.cooking,rec.food.sourdough

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> (excuse the cross post)

[...]
> The spread:
>
> 1/4 LB salted butter
> 3/4 head fresh garlic.
> smidge seasoned salt
> double smidge fresh ground pepper.
> 1 T fresh Italian Parsley
> 1/2 t Italian herbs (mixed)
> 1 T (about) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
> enough EVOO to make a thick paste.
>
> Add first 7 ingredients to the food processor and process adding EVOO as
> you go.
>
> Spread on the bread and broil.

Wot's EVOO?

Tim W

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Tim W" wrote

>> enough EVOO to make a thick paste.

> Wot's EVOO?

Silly name for Olive oil (Extra virgin olive oil, 1st press)

Posted to alt.bread.recipes,Rec.food.cooking,rec.food.sourdough

"Tim W" > wrote in message
om...

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> (excuse the cross post)

> [...]
>> The spread:
>>
>> 1/4 LB salted butter
>> 3/4 head fresh garlic.
>> smidge seasoned salt
>> double smidge fresh ground pepper.
>> 1 T fresh Italian Parsley
>> 1/2 t Italian herbs (mixed)
>> 1 T (about) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
>> enough EVOO to make a thick paste.
>>
>> Add first 7 ingredients to the food processor and process adding EVOO as
>> you go.
>>
>> Spread on the bread and broil.
>>

> Wot's EVOO?
>
> Tim W

Sorry

Extra
Virgin
Olive
Oil

Dimitri

Posted to alt.bread.recipes,Rec.food.cooking,rec.food.sourdough

"Tim W" > wrote in message om...
> Wot's EVOO?

It is olive oil for yuppies. You can come pretty close by putting a very
small amount of green food coloring in non-chaste OO.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default OT : EVOO

cshenk wrote:
> "Tim W" wrote
>> Wot's EVOO?

> Silly name for Olive oil (Extra virgin olive oil, 1st press)

Recently some Greek processors started using an alternative for pressing
the olives. They spin the fruit to extract the oil. A bit costly
product, but excellent flavor and color.

There are many grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is
silly. Chaçun son gout.

Old Jack.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:40:06 -0700, Jack Poulter >There are many
grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is
>silly. Chaçun son gout.
>
>Old Jack.

Just to be a nit-picker: It's "chacun à son goût" (the c in chacun
does not have a cedilla which would give it an "s" sound, the a has an
accent <grave I think it's called>, and the gout has a circumflex)
Pronounced: Shack-oon ah son gooht (the "t" is almost silent)
Translation: Each (chacun) to (à) his/her (son) <own> taste (goût)

Let the flames begin.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Mike Brown wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:40:06 -0700, Jack Poulter >There are many
> grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is
>>silly. Chaçun son gout.
>>
>>Old Jack.

> Just to be a nit-picker: It's "chacun à son goût" (the c in chacun
> does not have a cedilla which would give it an "s" sound, the a has an
> accent <grave I think it's called>, and the gout has a circumflex)
> Pronounced: Shack-oon ah son gooht (the "t" is almost silent)

I don't think French uses the "broad a," and it's more like "shock" than
"shack"

> Translation: Each (chacun) to (à) his/her (son) <own> taste (goût)

Reminds me of The [Widget], the [Wadget], and Boff.

B/

B/

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Mike Brown" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:40:06 -0700, Jack Poulter >There are many
> grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is
>>silly. Chaçun son gout.
>>
>>Old Jack.

> Just to be a nit-picker: It's "chacun à son goût" (the c in chacun
> does not have a cedilla which would give it an "s" sound, the a has an
> accent <grave I think it's called>, and the gout has a circumflex)
> Pronounced: Shack-oon ah son gooht (the "t" is almost silent)
> Translation: Each (chacun) to (à) his/her (son) <own> taste (goût)

It's not "oon" but "uh" short "u" and no "n". And the "t" is silent in
goût.

> Let the flames begin.

They were knocked out of the Stanley Cup in the first round!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sun, 31 May 2009 12:03:51 -0700, Brian Mailman
> wrote:

>Mike Brown wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:40:06 -0700, Jack Poulter >There are many
>> grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is
>>>silly. Chaçun son gout.
>>>
>>>Old Jack.

>> Just to be a nit-picker: It's "chacun à son goût" (the c in chacun
>> does not have a cedilla which would give it an "s" sound, the a has an
>> accent <grave I think it's called>, and the gout has a circumflex)
>> Pronounced: Shack-oon ah son gooht (the "t" is almost silent)

>I don't think French uses the "broad a," and it's more like "shock" than
>"shack"
>
>> Translation: Each (chacun) to (à) his/her (son) <own> taste (goût)

I learned French in Quebec, which has different pronunciations than in
France, so you could be right. The Frenchmen in France make fun of
the Quebecois and the way the (mis)use the language.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:53:27 -0600, "graham" > wrote:

>"Mike Brown" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:40:06 -0700, Jack Poulter >There are many
>> grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is
>>>silly. Chaçun son gout.
>>>
>>>Old Jack.

>> Just to be a nit-picker: It's "chacun à son goût" (the c in chacun
>> does not have a cedilla which would give it an "s" sound, the a has an
>> accent <grave I think it's called>, and the gout has a circumflex)
>> Pronounced: Shack-oon ah son gooht (the "t" is almost silent)
>> Translation: Each (chacun) to (à) his/her (son) <own> taste (goût)

>It's not "oon" but "uh" short "u" and no "n". And the "t" is silent in
>goût.

You are correct, but I thought the "oon" would be less likely to be
mispronounced than the "un".

>> Let the flames begin.

>They were knocked out of the Stanley Cup in the first round!
>Graham

I'm an Oilers fan so I deliberately ignored any reference to _THOSE_
flames. ;-)

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Mike Brown wrote:
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 12:03:51 -0700, Brian Mailman
> > wrote:
>
>>Mike Brown wrote:
>>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:40:06 -0700, Jack Poulter >There are many
>>> grades of olive oil, so I don't think the above title is

>>> Just to be a nit-picker: It's "chacun à son goût" (the c in chacun
>>> does not have a cedilla which would give it an "s" sound, the a has an
>>> accent <grave I think it's called>, and the gout has a circumflex)
>>> Pronounced: Shack-oon ah son gooht (the "t" is almost silent)

>>I don't think French uses the "broad a," and it's more like "shock" than
>>"shack"
>>
>>> Translation: Each (chacun) to (à) his/her (son) <own> taste (goût)

> I learned French in Quebec, which has different pronunciations than in
> France, so you could be right. The Frenchmen in France make fun of
> the Quebecois and the way the (mis)use the language.

I'm aware of that; I have a friend who is Quebecois. And the Parisien
make fun of the rest of the French.

B/

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:17:53 -0700, Brian Mailman
> wrote:

>Mike Brown wrote:
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 12:03:51 -0700, Brian Mailman
>> > wrote:

>>>I don't think French uses the "broad a," and it's more like "shock" than
>>>"shack"

>> I learned French in Quebec, which has different pronunciations than in
>> France, so you could be right. The Frenchmen in France make fun of
>> the Quebecois and the way the (mis)use the language.

>I'm aware of that; I have a friend who is Quebecois. And the Parisien
>make fun of the rest of the French.
>
>B/

and scholars worldwide often come to Canada to learn more
about how French was spoken 300-400 years ago in France...

All the best,
--
Kenneth