Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Home made bread, First try! pictures

Hello,

Last summer I tried teaching all my family how to make nice bread at
home, with a simple no-knead approach.
My brother only tried himself today and sent me the pictures of the
results.
I'm pretty amazed as that's the first time he tried to make bread and
it looks much better than most home made breads I've seen on the
internet!

Go check it out:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/minuitpoi...ey=l5MN5tLxqNg

It's not sourdough though. Next summer I'll be teaching them the next
breadmaking lesson!
He couldn't find a pot to bake to he used a tajin, works pretty well
I'd say.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

viince wrote:

> Hello,

<snap>
> It's not sourdough though.

Must have post to wrong news_group, I thought this was a sourdough
news_group.

Lots of people post here to show off their bread and when you read they are
using yeast "end of story"

Joe Umstead

end of file
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Joe Umstead" > wrote in message
> viince wrote:
>
>> Hello,

> <snap>
>> It's not sourdough though.

> Must have post to wrong news_group, I thought this was a sourdough
> news_group.
>
> Lots of people post here to show off their bread and when you read they
> are
> using yeast "end of story"
>
> Joe Umstead

The term "anal retentive" comes to mind!

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Oh come on, sourdough, yeast, its all the same, it makes bubbles. If
said it was sourdough you would have believed. I think it's a
beautiful loaf for a first try.

I just put it here because I know the coolest people hang out here.

Anyways merry new years
Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Sam Sam is offline

georges wrote:
> The term "anal retentive" comes to mind!

Thanks for sharing your mind so openly as a first post.
Anything done with SD, planning to or just passing by scratching your
mark graffiti-style?

Sam

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Sam" > wrote in message news:mailman.29.1199168920.4119.rec.food.sourdough @www.mountainbitwarrior..com...
> georges wrote:
> > The term "anal retentive" comes to mind!

Does that nomenclature remain in use, actually? I thought it had
been changed to "assholish".

> Thanks for sharing your mind so openly as a first post.
> Anything done with SD, planning to or just passing by scratching your
> mark graffiti-style?

That seems very picturesque, but confusing to me. Tell me please, if
I were just passing by scratching my mark graffiti-style, just exactly what
would I be doing?

Here is some sourdough bread to legitimize this post. It is left
as an exercise to find out how it was made.
http://mysite.verizon.net/DickyA/breadJan2008.jpg

--
Dicky
(scratching his mark, grafitti style, as he fades away into the cosmic miasma)

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

> Here is some sourdough bread to legitimize this post. *It is left
> as an exercise to find out how it was made.http://mysite.verizon.net/DickyA/breadJan2008.jpg
>
> --
> Dicky
> (scratching his mark, grafitti style, as he fades away into the cosmic miasma)

I'd say you baked it from cold oven, the crust seems very thick. quite
a good colour though!

But we're here to talk about my brother's bread!
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Hi Vince,

Your brother did good for his first time.

It looks a lot like the NY York Times no knead method we were all
talking here about a year ago.

Lucy
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"viince" > wrote in message ...

.... we're here to talk about my brother's bread!

Of course! Well, who would have believed that bread could be cooked
in hub caps?!!

And there is a hole in the top where the bread faeries could get out.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

> Of course! *Well, who would have believed that bread could be cooked
> in hub caps?!!
>
> And there is a hole in the top where the bread faeries could get out.

I was secretely hoping people would notice and that a new trend would
start ! I would then open a website selling those to homebakers and
make a little fortune for meself!

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Sam" > wrote in message
news:mailman.29.1199168920.4119.rec.food.sourdough @www.mountainbitwarrior.com...
> georges wrote:
>> The term "anal retentive" comes to mind!

> Thanks for sharing your mind so openly as a first post.
> Anything done with SD, planning to or just passing by scratching your
> mark graffiti-style?
>
> Sam

Feeling grumpy are we? Aperients are quite cheap, you know. Some even
taste nice!
And yes, I do bake SD bread as well as yeasted versions.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Sam Sam is offline

georges wrote:

> Feeling grumpy are we?

A baking we-person? How cute.

Would be too much OT to go into that.

Happy baking!

Sam

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 31 Dec 2007, 21:40, "georges" > wrote:
> > Lots of people post here to show off their bread and when you read they
> > are
> > using yeast "end of story"

> > Joe Umstead

> The term "anal retentive" comes to mind!

Acutally just the word 'anus' will do.

Jim