Bud

Default Grain Mill

Any comments on the best grain mill for home use?

Dick Adams

"Bud" > wrote in message =

> Any comments on the best grain mill for home use?

There has been quite a lot of discussion about those. My impression is =
that each=20
user prefers the one he happens to be using. My choice is for a chromed =
classic
Vitamixer, because I was given it. It easily does 2 cups in 2 minutes, =
probably
more. Our grinder attachment for the Kitchen Aid Mixer grinds more =
coarsely,
but is good for cracking and for coarse flours.

Searching will yield many hits for "grain mill". Try

http://www.google.com/advanced%5Fsearch?hl=3Den

and=20

http://www.google.com/advanced%5Fgroup%5Fsearch?hl=3Den

How much flour to be ground, and how frequently, are primary=20
considerations.

---
DickA

RFF

I always thought that I'd go for an impact mill, if I ever get around to it,
such as http://store.yahoo.com/canning-pantr...ill-bosch.html. The
warnings are that these can be too loud and leave a lot of dust around.
So, check that out first. They tend to start at around $150. You can find a
lot on Ebay. Of course, you'd still have to strain wheat flour to get white.
The good part is that this type of mill grinds finer than others do.

Ron

"Bud" > wrote in message
> Any comments on the best grain mill for home use?

Which Grain Mill? [email protected] General Cooking 0 23-02-2010 07:09 AM
Looking for a good grain mill [email protected] General Cooking 4 22-05-2009 11:01 PM
Grain Mill choice? Gary Woods Sourdough 4 25-04-2006 02:44 AM
champion grain mill??? RN Sourdough 1 02-12-2004 04:32 PM
Grain Mill Bud Baking 1 06-06-2004 02:57 AM