Kenneth

Default SD Pain de Mie...

Howdy,

I have been working on a sourdough Pain de Mie (a rich, white, fine
crumb sandwich bread) and now have it down.

These quantities are for the standard Pullman pan. These are 4" X 4" X
13" and have a lid that slides on. The bread slices are square and
there is an extremely thin crust.

8PM Day 1: 376g AP flour + 74g 100% ripe culture + 344g whole milk.
Ferment at 76°F for 12 hours.

8AM Day 2: add 240g AP flour + 10g Salt + 40g Sugar + 1 Egg Yolk + 50g
Soft butter. Coat pans with release. Knead, then form loaves, and
place in pan. Slide the lid on. Ferment at 78°F for 4 1/2 hours.

Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes...

I hope that you give it a try,

--
Kenneth

Charles Perry

Kenneth wrote:

> I have been working on a sourdough Pain de Mie (a rich, white, fine
> crumb sandwich bread) and now have it down.

Thanks, Kenneth, I have a set of those pans in my attic that I
have not used because I did not have a good idea of how much
dough to use. I had a vision of getting too much in the pans and
having dough squirt out all over the oven. That would probly get
me banished from the kitchen and my garage is unheated. I have
put your recipe high on the list of things to do.

Regards,

Charles

>--

Charles Perry
Reply to:

** A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand **
Kenneth

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:46:00 GMT, Charles Perry >
wrote:

>I had a vision of getting too much in the pans and
>having dough squirt out all over the oven.

Hi Charles,

No, with too much dough one simply gets a devastating explosion... <g>

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:13:44 GMT, Ellen Wickberg >
wrote:

>100% is hydration, not ripeness?? Ellen

Ooops,

That should have been "100% Hydration, ripe starter"...

Thanks for the catch,

--
Kenneth

Buy OxyContin , Dilaudid , Valium ,Hydrocodone & Ritalin Online Hi! We are suppliers of assorted Pain killers , Pain relief, Depression and Anxiety Medications ,also other Research Chemicals. Discount are applicable for bulk buyers.The shipping RELIABLE VENDOR Marketplace 0 02-12-2016 03:54 PM
Pain while Meditating h General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 05:45 PM
Pain a l'Ancienne Tim Recipes 0 19-06-2005 04:15 PM
Pain de Mie... Kenneth Sourdough 4 04-05-2004 12:52 AM