Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Bagel question

I am using my same tried and true sd bread recipe and making bagels today instead of loaves.

I have done before and they turned out ok.

My question: Can you make a hamburger type bun and boil it the same as a bagel without the hole in the middle? Will it not work as well? It seems that boiling gives the bread a different texture, but it taste great.

Usually I eat bread everyday at breakfast and it would be easier to use the buns instead of slicing bread each day.

John

Best Bagel Ever. j.harmon09 Vegetarian cooking 4 18-07-2011 12:55 AM
Bagel Bread l, not -l Recipes (moderated) 0 24-05-2007 01:04 AM
Bagel Success BigJohn Sourdough 2 04-12-2005 06:24 PM
Bagel Salt Key Bored Baking 4 10-05-2004 07:35 PM
Bagel question JaKe Baking 4 26-11-2003 08:18 AM