Old 28-03-2007, 11:35 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default San Francisco sourdough starter and Carl's starter

Hello

A friend on another ng recommended I post here with my query about
sourdough starter and Carl's starter. Three or four years ago, a poster
from uk.food+drink.misc sent me some San Francisco starter and also
mentioned 'Carl's starter'. Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes

Old 28-03-2007, 12:01 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 28 Mar, 11:35, June Hughes wrote:
Hello

...Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes

HI June,

thtat's a shame I've found mine to stay true. I have some backed up if
you'd like some of it. I could pop some in the post for you or you
could pick it up from me somewhere. I work in Marylebone if that would
be convenient. Wrtie to me off list.

Jim

Old 28-03-2007, 12:21 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"June Hughes" wrote in message
Hello

A friend on another ng recommended I post here with my query about
sourdough starter and Carl's starter. Three or four years ago, a poster
from uk.food+drink.misc sent me some San Francisco starter and also
mentioned 'Carl's starter'. Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes

Hello June!

What's the problem with using your London starter?

I made my starter to an American recipe after sarah sent me some which
eventually died. I'm sure mine is now a Yorkshire one - but it works
perfectly well.

The directions I used explained that starters are affected by you and your
local conditions. Now I know that some here don't agree with that but it
makes sense to me :-)

Mary

Old 28-03-2007, 12:35 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 28 Mar, 12:21, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
The directions I used explained that starters are affected by you and your
local conditions. Now I know that some here don't agree with that but it
makes sense to me :-)

Mary

lol, Mary you're so mischievous. I love it. lol.

Jim

Old 28-03-2007, 01:22 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
Hello

A friend on another ng recommended I post here with my query about
sourdough starter and Carl's starter. Three or four years ago, a poster
from uk.food+drink.misc sent me some San Francisco starter and also
mentioned 'Carl's starter'. Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes

Hello June!

What's the problem with using your London starter?

Hi Mary. I didn't know you posted here. My starter used to make nice
bread with a good crust and lots of holes in it. The bread now comes
out a bit heavier and is chewier. Still OK but not as much to my liking
as it was.

Old 28-03-2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

In message . com, TG
writes
On 28 Mar, 11:35, June Hughes wrote:
Hello

...Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes

HI June,

thtat's a shame I've found mine to stay true. I have some backed up if
you'd like some of it. I could pop some in the post for you or you
could pick it up from me somewhere. I work in Marylebone if that would
be convenient. Wrtie to me off list.

Thanks a lot Jim. I have emailed you.

--
June Hughes
Old 28-03-2007, 10:40 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

June Hughes wrote:

Hello

A friend on another ng recommended I post here with my query about
sourdough starter and Carl's starter. Three or four years ago, a poster
from uk.food+drink.misc sent me some San Francisco starter and also
mentioned 'Carl's starter'. Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.

You can write me directly, substitute .com for .invalid and I'll send a
template with directions on where to send a SASE. I'm in the geographic
center of SF. I send doughballs around frequently; and the ones that
have gone to the UK have made it intact.

B/
Old 29-03-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

In message . com, TG
writes
On 28 Mar, 11:35, June Hughes wrote:
Hello

...Gradually, the starter changed and became
'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes

HI June,

thtat's a shame I've found mine to stay true. I have some backed up if
you'd like some of it. I could pop some in the post for you or you
could pick it up from me somewhere. I work in Marylebone if that would
be convenient. Wrtie to me off list.

I have emailed you to say thank-you so very much. I am delighted.
Shall let you know how it goes when I try it at the weekend.
--
June Hughes