Joel

Default Philadelphia's Franklin Ice Cream Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joely

Even better. Those belt driven fans are not electricity driven.
They got some guys on the second floor who run around on
hamster wheels to provide the power for the fans. Now that
IS old fashioned.

Joel

how much does that job pay? I could use a little excercise!
__________________
"Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell." Cake

eldondre
Add eldondre to Your Buddy List

#12 Today, 04:04 PM
Joely
Tastykake Maker Join Date: May 2005
Location: 7th and Pine Streets

Even better. Those belt driven fans are not electricity driven.
They got some guys on the second floor who run around on
hamster wheels to provide the power for the fans. Now that
IS old fashioned.

Joel
__________________

Joely
Send email to Joely
Add Joely to Your Buddy List

#11 Today, 01:26 PM
pennengineer
Tastykake Maker Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: University City

I absolutely loved the belt-driven ceiling fans they have in there. I
had a chocolate egg-cream when I went. I'll definitely be back.
__________________
When life throws pies at you, make yourself a tall, cool glass of
piemonade!

pennengineer
Add pennengineer to Your Buddy List

#10 Today, 01:04 PM
eberger
Pretzel Vendor Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 928 Pine Street

Yeah I dunno...maybe they just liked you better :-) Or were out of
larger plastic cups. Either way, I'll definitely try again.

eberger
Add eberger to Your Buddy List

#9 Today, 12:53 PM
bluecuracao
Water Ice Vendor Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Old City

That's weird. My rootbeer float, a little while back, was the size of a
large iced latte, with a good-sized scoop of ice cream.
__________________
"Is sometimes now?" -- Cookie Monster

bluecuracao
Add bluecuracao to Your Buddy List

#8 Today, 12:39 PM
eberger
Pretzel Vendor Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 928 Pine Street

So I went over there yesterday to get something cold and refreshing to
drink on my walk back to my place. I got a root beer float with vanilla
ice cream to go. It was pretty good but my only complaint was the size
for the price. It was in a plastic cup about the size of a styrofoam
coffee cup with barely one scoop of ice cream. This was $4. I finished
it in about about a block and half of walking...

Next time I will try the ice cream sundaes.

#7 Today, 12:02 PM
bluecuracao
Water Ice Vendor Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Old City

They were on Fox news again this morning. Maybe they'll be featured
regularly, like the deli downstairs from the David Letterman show?
__________________

#6 Yesterday, 07:41 AM
eldondre
Cheesesteak GURU! Wiz with Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Roxborough

it's a pretty neat place. the sodas, etc. the ice cream was
disappointing (I think it's the overrated bassett'swhich is far from
old fashioned) but the rest was pretty cool.
__________________

#5 Yesterday, 06:13 AM
junebug
Tastykake Maker Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Passyunk Square

This is an excellent place! The owners really know their history, know
their ice cream, and are happy to have a nice conversation with you
about it.

I stumbled upon it while walking around the area with a few friends and
we were sucked in. Everything was delicious! Can't say enough good
things, but then again it is ice cream - yum!
__________________
Well if you want to say yes, say yes / And if you want to say no, say
no / 'Cause there's a million ways to go / You know that there are. -C.
Stevens

junebug
Add junebug to Your Buddy List

#4 Yesterday, 05:01 AM
Joely
Tastykake Maker Join Date: May 2005
Location: 7th and Pine Streets

116 Market Street, just east of the Continental at 2nd and Market