Ian Brown

Default Warning: Franklin Manor Restaurant, Strahan

Here is a letter I sent to the Department of Health and Human
Services, Tasmania:

Sir / Madam,

I recently visited The Franklin Manor Restaurant (The Esplanade,
Strahan, Tasmania 7468) and while my wife and I could find no real
complaints with the food, we were appalled, towards the end of the
meal, to see no less than a small RAT running about near the kitchen
entranceway. While it only appeared briefly, it was unmistakable as to
the type of creature it was (much too large to be a mouse) and I had
to but wonder at the hygiene and food safety standards being practiced
at the establishment.

My wife and I left soon after, having made no attempt to bring it to
the attention of any of the staff members - but I now regret not
having done so. It is for this reason that I bring it to your
attention as I thought the area health inspector may also find it to
be of some concern.

Regards,

Ian Brown
Email: