jofazer

Default Wannabe food critc.

Has anyone got any advice as to get into food journilism etc without
going to college? My dad ( who has about 40 years experience in
licence trade ) and me about 10 years in food and drink industry were
discussing this over a bottle of wine and love to be one of these
people who get paid to eat in various places and then say what they
think!!

try writing stuff here . see how others react to it save copies, and if the
results are good who knows!!

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com

"jofazer" > wrote in message
m...
> Has anyone got any advice as to get into food journilism etc without
> going to college? My dad ( who has about 40 years experience in
> licence trade ) and me about 10 years in food and drink industry were
> discussing this over a bottle of wine and love to be one of these
> people who get paid to eat in various places and then say what they
> think!!

try writing stuff here . see how others react to it save copies, and if the
results are good who knows!!

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com

"jofazer" > wrote in message
m...
> Has anyone got any advice as to get into food journilism etc without
> going to college? My dad ( who has about 40 years experience in
> licence trade ) and me about 10 years in food and drink industry were
> discussing this over a bottle of wine and love to be one of these
> people who get paid to eat in various places and then say what they
> think!!

dgs

jofazer wrote:

> Has anyone got any advice as to get into food journilism etc without
> going to college?

Learning to spell would be a good start. Like "journalism," for
instance. It's part of learning to write, which is kind of important
for an aspiring "food critic."

> My dad ( who has about 40 years experience in
> licence trade ) and me about 10 years in food and drink industry were
> discussing this over a bottle of wine and love to be one of these
> people who get paid to eat in various places and then say what they
> think!!

You still need to learn how to write. "My dad and me" don't discuss
anything in proper English. "My dad and I" do. The above sentence
is so riddled with grammatical errors that it would appear that a
remedial course in English composition would be at the top of an
aspiring "food critic's" priorities.

Mind you, if you have a functioning palate and can actually be
articulate about the various qualities of food and drink, you'd
have something with which to work. It also helps to acquire a
good reputation among others who respect good writing and
critiques about food and drink.

Otherwise, relax, don't worry, and don't quit your day job.
--
dgs

Adam Finkelstein

In article >, dgs > wrote:

>Mind you, if you have a functioning palate and can actually be
>articulate about the various qualities of food and drink, you'd
>have something with which to work. It also helps to acquire a
>good reputation among others who respect good writing and
>critiques about food and drink.
>
>Otherwise, relax, don't worry, and don't quit your day job.

One of the more pompous posts I've read in awhile.
How's the breathing going? With your head so far up your ass you're nose is
hitting your kidneys, I'd think you'd be a little cyanotic by now.

Adam

--
Adam Finkelstein
adamfATradixDOTnet
Adam Finkelstein

In article >, dgs > wrote:

>Mind you, if you have a functioning palate and can actually be
>articulate about the various qualities of food and drink, you'd
>have something with which to work. It also helps to acquire a
>good reputation among others who respect good writing and
>critiques about food and drink.
>
>Otherwise, relax, don't worry, and don't quit your day job.

One of the more pompous posts I've read in awhile.
How's the breathing going? With your head so far up your ass you're nose is
hitting your kidneys, I'd think you'd be a little cyanotic by now.

Adam

--
Adam Finkelstein
adamfATradixDOTnet
dgs

Adam Finkelstein wrote:

> In article >, dgs > wrote:
>
>>Mind you, if you have a functioning palate and can actually be
>>articulate about the various qualities of food and drink, you'd
>>have something with which to work. It also helps to acquire a
>>good reputation among others who respect good writing and
>>critiques about food and drink.
>>
>>Otherwise, relax, don't worry, and don't quit your day job.

> One of the more pompous posts I've read in awhile.

Aw. Stop. You're breaking my heart. I really give a damn about what
knotheads like you say, y'know.

Okay, I'll level with you, 'cause you're obviously a trusting sorta
schmuck, and you obviously care a great deal about what's posted to
Usenet. I really don't care at all.

> How's the breathing going? With your head so far up your ass you're nose is
> hitting your kidneys, I'd think you'd be a little cyanotic by now.

Sorry you're not articulate or literate enough to figure out what I was
saying. It's a common problem. Or perhaps I missed the intelligent,
alternative advice you gave to the OP ... ? Or perhaps I've missed
your insightful writings on food and drink somehow?
--
dgs