J.D. Frankland wrote:
> Stites wrote:
>
> > Randy's Pizza on
> > Southeastern Ave.
> >
> > Crosstreet?

> No, I'm sorry...the best pizza in Indianapolis is at Bazbeaux.
> Preferably the Broad Ripple location.
>
> -- jdf

Bazbeaux is one of the best in town. Read the Pizza Scene in the Broad
Ripple Gazette for the scoop on other Broad Ripple pizza. Archives are
he

http://www.mfr-eng.com/pizza/

Default Best Pizza in the USA

J.D. Frankland wrote:
> Stites wrote:
>
> > Randy's Pizza on
> > Southeastern Ave.
> >
> > Crosstreet?

> No, I'm sorry...the best pizza in Indianapolis is at Bazbeaux.
> Preferably the Broad Ripple location.
>
> -- jdf

Bazbeaux is one of the best in town. Read the Pizza Scene in the Broad
Ripple Gazette for the scoop on other Broad Ripple pizza. Archives are
he

http://www.mfr-eng.com/pizza/

Dan Checkman

Not that I've tried it myself, but I'm surprised that nobody has
mentioned Al Forno in Providence, RI given the press it's had here in
the past. Otherwise, here are my favorites:

1) best "Chicago style / deep dish": Papa Del's in Champaign, IL.
2) best "NY style / thin crust":
2.a - outside of NY - Cicero's in Cupertino, CA (assuming the
Laverdi family still runs it)
2.b - in NYC - it's a toss up between 3 or 4 places...
Ray's (the one near Baruch College)
Anna Maria on 23rd street (I think that's the name - top
notch tomato/onion slice)
Dani's in Kew Gardens
Primadonna in Forest Hills (but it depends on who makes it)

3) best "other / untraditional / unusual": Bruno's in W. Lafayette,
IN (for their apple butter and peanut butter pizzas) and Figaro's in
New Orleans, LA (for putting shrimp, crawfish, chicken and other stuff
on their pizzas).

Even if you're some sort of pizza nazi purist who thinks the only
pizza in the world has to fit into categories (1) and/or (2), all of
these places will give you a pie that tastes pretty damn good.
:-Dan

Dan W

In article >, Edward Bednarczyk > wrote:
>Western New York has some great pizza (that no one's heard of ;-))
>
>Bocce Club is a local legend (not my favorite, but oh well)
>Just Pizza
>Pizza Plant

Back in the early 70's while I was going to UB, getting a Bocce Half Baked
from the Baily location was a weekend ritual. There were stories about people
getting several half baked pizzas and taking them home in their airline
luggage.

_
(_) Daniel Warren, RPh
_______// Marion NY