Old 30-12-2009, 10:28 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

--
Thanks.

Old 30-12-2009, 11:07 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Hey Saucer:

Are they that good, or that bad?

Old 31-12-2009, 02:28 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Old 31-12-2009, 03:03 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Saucer Man" wrote in message
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked
bread and marinara sauce both contribute.

Saucer man, what planet are you from?
--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Old 31-12-2009, 03:33 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

Old 31-12-2009, 05:13 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Dec 30, 4:28*pm, "Saucer Man" wrote:
Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Alpo.
Old 31-12-2009, 06:15 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

Old 31-12-2009, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. *Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. * *I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

Why do you get so excited about this? Do you have a vein bulging in
your forehead......well.....Lord knows you don't have a vein bulging
anywhere else.....
Old 31-12-2009, 08:04 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"projectile vomit chick" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 4:28 pm, "Saucer Man" wrote:
Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Alpo.

That would be Purina not Alpo?

Robert

Old 31-12-2009, 05:36 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to probably
100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the soft stuff at
Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa, Esposito, or many
others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's or Sepvula's are my first
choices, but there are others.

Old 31-12-2009, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article ,
"Jerry Sauk" wrote:

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

But they don't develop the dough in store. It comes pre-proofed from a
regional commissary, mass produced by the tons. It's like Pillsbury Hot
Loafs. Fresh from the oven taste, yes, but truly great bread?

And what's more, Subway insists on cooling the bread before serving it.
So the yeastiness is gone before they make the sandwich.

jt
Old 31-12-2009, 06:43 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
wrote:

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

They get then at the dollar store.

Lou

Old 31-12-2009, 06:46 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:28:59 -0500, "Saucer Man"
wrote:

Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

I actually had one about 5 years ago and it was disgusting. The bread
fell apart and the sauce sucked. The meatballs were made from total
shit. Even their normal subs sucks. If you think that's good bread
you really need to stay away from your computer and go out into the
world.

Lou
Old 31-12-2009, 06:48 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:15:31 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...
Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

LOL. Frozen dough formed in a factory. jerry you're pathetic.

Lou
Old 31-12-2009, 06:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:04:23 -0500, "Robert"
wrote:

"projectile vomit chick" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 4:28 pm, "Saucer Man" wrote:
Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Alpo.

That would be Purina not Alpo?

Robert

Either one fits I think. I've had one of those sandwiches and it was
horrible.

Lou