Edwin Pawlowski

Default Subway Never Has Any FOOD

"grpman" > wrote in message
om...

> Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
> bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
> "what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
> getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
> chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
> no product to sell".

> Of course, writing to the above businesses yeilded no response and no
> change in practice.

They are not a chain, but a franchise operation. Sounds like this one is a
loser. The one in my town always has everything on the menu. Don't write
to the store, write to the Subway HQ. they are in Connecticut, I think
Bridgeport.

Srgnt Billko

Just had their $2.49 six inch daily special on whole wheat. Have had pretty
good luck with the 2 locals stores.

"grpman" > wrote in message
om...
> Rant for the day:
>
> I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
> that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
> and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
> into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
> 25% chance that they have it?
>
> Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
> bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
> "what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
> getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
> chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
> no product to sell".
>
> Some stores think that they are in business to please themselves only.
> I tried going to a particular supermarket at a convenient time (near
> closing when it is not busy). Their produce and salad shelves would
> be empty (I suppose so they wouldn't have to throw anything out).
> They don't seem to realize that they should keep the shelves stocked
> (even if they have to throw a bit out) otherwise the customers will
> take ALL of their business elsewhere.
>
> Of course, writing to the above businesses yeilded no response and no
> change in practice.

John Sefton

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On 2 Dec 2004 19:02:15 -0800, (grpman) wrote:
>
> >Rant for the day:
> >
> >I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
> >that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
> >and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
> >into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
> >25% chance that they have it?
> >
> >Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
> >bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
> >"what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
> >getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
> >chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
> >no product to sell".

I find the same thing, and I'm in Australia - obviously this franchising
operation is run the same way world wide. I particularly love the following
exchange:

Subway Person: What bread would you like?
Me: What are the choices?
SP: This is them in this glass case.
Me: (considering) Uuuuuuum, I'll have the Parmesan and Oregano bread
SP: We're out of that
Me: What have you got?
SP: White

> You must be going to the Subway on Fortuna Road in Yuma, AZ. I don't
> understand how that place stays in business; it's always out of
> SOMETHING. So now I go to Quizno's.

We don't have that choice - Quizno's doesn't have a lot of outlets here yet.

Bubba

grpman wrote:

>Rant for the day:
>
>I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
>that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
>and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
>into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
>25% chance that they have it?
>
>Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
>bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
>"what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
>getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
>chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
>no product to sell".
>
>Some stores think that they are in business to please themselves only.
> I tried going to a particular supermarket at a convenient time (near
>closing when it is not busy). Their produce and salad shelves would
>be empty (I suppose so they wouldn't have to throw anything out).
>They don't seem to realize that they should keep the shelves stocked
>(even if they have to throw a bit out) otherwise the customers will
>take ALL of their business elsewhere.
>
>Of course, writing to the above businesses yeilded no response and no
>change in practice.

I ate at a subway once....wife dragged me in there. They had plenty of
food, but I think I'd have been better off eating the wrapper. Guess
I'm not a fast food person....ain't really fast and it ain't really food.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

George

"grpman" > wrote in message
om...
> Rant for the day:
>
> I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
> that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
> and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
> into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
> 25% chance that they have it?

Or you can forget Subway and patronize a local sub shop or deli. There are 2
really good mon & pop type stores near me. They use really tasty buns from a
local Italian bakery, everything is good quality and sliced fresh and the
prices are good.

George

"grpman" > wrote in message
om...
> Rant for the day:
>
> I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
> that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
> and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
> into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
> 25% chance that they have it?

Or you can forget Subway and patronize a local sub shop or deli. There are 2
really good mon & pop type stores near me. They use really tasty buns from a
local Italian bakery, everything is good quality and sliced fresh and the
prices are good.

DigitalVinyl

I guess you haven't been doing low-carb for long, because the best
low-carb products that are really good run in very short supply and
regularly become unavailable.

Heinz One-Carb Ketchup has been missing from Super Stop-n-sSHops in
the area for 4 weeks, they just came back in stock. Ben-and-Jerry Carb
Karma are very difficult to find. I found one A&P that stocked any
flavor other than Almond Swiss. Mission tortillas JUST showed up
locally despite others posting over several months they showed up and
ran out in many other places. When low-carb products are out of
stock--it may be a sign of demand outstripping supply and have little
to do with the retail outlet ability to manage their business. Subway
may be not able to get it's suppliers to meet demand. I havent' been
in a subway in the last 4-5 weeks but previously I have gone
repeatedly all over the NY-NJ-CT tristate area and none of them were
ever out of stock of the wraps. The Doritos Edge took longer to
distribute, and the Atkins cookies came awhile after that. I only ate
the cookies once, and I don't think the cookie I ate was low-carb.
Simply too rich and sweet.

Perhaps... all subways everywhere should simply drop all low-carb
offerings because they are too popular to meet demand. Yeah, that's
the ticket.

(grpman) wrote:

>Rant for the day:
>
>I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
>that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
>and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
>into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
>25% chance that they have it?
>
>Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
>bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
>"what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
>getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
>chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
>no product to sell".
>
>Some stores think that they are in business to please themselves only.
> I tried going to a particular supermarket at a convenient time (near
>closing when it is not busy). Their produce and salad shelves would
>be empty (I suppose so they wouldn't have to throw anything out).
>They don't seem to realize that they should keep the shelves stocked
>(even if they have to throw a bit out) otherwise the customers will
>take ALL of their business elsewhere.
>
>Of course, writing to the above businesses yeilded no response and no
>change in practice.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)
Amarantha

"John Sefton" > wrote in
:

> Quizno's doesn't have a lot of outlets
> here yet.

I recommend Delifrance if you can find one (I'm in Melbourne). I ate at
Subway once or twice and it was awful. Then a Delifrance opened on Bourke
St, and their bread is delightful

nil illegitimi carborundum
Amarantha

"John Sefton" > wrote in
:

> Quizno's doesn't have a lot of outlets
> here yet.

I recommend Delifrance if you can find one (I'm in Melbourne). I ate at
Subway once or twice and it was awful. Then a Delifrance opened on Bourke
St, and their bread is delightful

nil illegitimi carborundum
Mpoconnor7

>Or you can forget Subway and patronize a local sub shop or deli. There are 2
>really good mon & pop type stores near me. They use really tasty buns from a
>local Italian bakery, everything is good quality and sliced fresh and the
>prices are good.

Jersey Mikes is far and away the best sub chain I've ever tried, much better
than Subway or Quiznos.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelyhood of one individual being right increases in a direct proportion
to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."

Mpoconnor7

>Or you can forget Subway and patronize a local sub shop or deli. There are 2
>really good mon & pop type stores near me. They use really tasty buns from a
>local Italian bakery, everything is good quality and sliced fresh and the
>prices are good.

Jersey Mikes is far and away the best sub chain I've ever tried, much better
than Subway or Quiznos.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelyhood of one individual being right increases in a direct proportion
to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."
Tom Koeppl

you still have A&P stores! they left minneasota in the fiftys. I
rmember because one of the familys friends was nuts about a certain A&P
tea and purchased five store bags of it that as a 9yr old i carryied to
the car and into the house.. that was 1949. they were gone from the
midwest by the end of the fiftys

I was told that they could'nt make it in the smal towns they we in

tm

DJS0302

>I guess you haven't been doing low-carb for long, because the best
>low-carb products that are really good run in very short supply and
>regularly become unavailable.

That's because so few people buy low carb products the grocery stores can't
make any money off of them. I remember seeing Atkins bread and bagels in the
health food section of the grocery store for $5.00 for a small loaf of bread or
a package of six bagels. I'd never buy it and I asked the guy working there if
they ever sold any. He said they might sell 1package of bagels every other
week and the rest gets tossed in the garbage. He said the bread never sells.
He also said as soon as their current supply in the warehouse runs out they
were going to stop carrying it.

Mikebulka

<<
Would one have to be in...um...[insert nation and/or state name here]
to appreciate the culinary delicacies of [insert name here]?

No, the point is that there is stilll likely to be an independant sub shop or
deli or hot dog stand or korean take-out or greasy diner as close to you as a
franchise place. If you don't patronize these places, it will be your fault
you are stuck with only McFood ValueMenu choices.

michael
Kswck

"grpman" > wrote in message
om...
> Rant for the day:
>
> I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
> that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
> and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
> into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
> 25% chance that they have it?
>
> Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
> bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
> "what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
> getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
> chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
> no product to sell".
>
> Some stores think that they are in business to please themselves only.
> I tried going to a particular supermarket at a convenient time (near
> closing when it is not busy). Their produce and salad shelves would
> be empty (I suppose so they wouldn't have to throw anything out).

What-are you an idiot? Supermarket shelves get stocked in the morning or if
a 24-hour store, in the middle of the night. Do some research, huh?
There are other stores besides Wallmart

> They don't seem to realize that they should keep the shelves stocked
> (even if they have to throw a bit out) otherwise the customers will
> take ALL of their business elsewhere.
>
> Of course, writing to the above businesses yeilded no response and no
> change in practice.

Subway is on almost every street corner these days. They have more stores
than McD's.
Pick another one.

Michel Boucher

(Mikebulka) wrote in
:

> <<
> Would one have to be in...um...[insert nation and/or state name
> here] to appreciate the culinary delicacies of [insert name here]?
> >>

> No, the point is that there is stilll likely to be an independant
> sub shop or deli or hot dog stand or korean take-out or greasy
> diner as close to you as a franchise place. If you don't
> patronize these places, it will be your fault you are stuck with
> only McFood ValueMenu choices.

Actually as the reference was, I believe, to an establishment named
Jersey Mike's, which a cursory glance at their website indicates
there are none in Canada or in Britain or in New Zealand or anywhere
else than in the continental Untied States, I was merely pointing out
that to refer to it without attribution of geographic limitation was
not considering that a number of posters here have no access to such
"delicacies". I personally do not frequent such establishments.

We who are blessed with living outside the US are burdened with
having to educate some posters and help them overcome their (largely
unconscious) attitude that they are USAians speaking to USAians only
and that there's no one else in the room.

So far, the awareness level is still fairly low, but hey, Rome wasn't
built in a day...:-)

--

"It is easier for a rich man to enter heaven seated
comfortably on the back of a camel, than it is for

Supply Side Jesus

Michel Boucher

(Mikebulka) wrote in
:

> <<
> Would one have to be in...um...[insert nation and/or state name
> here] to appreciate the culinary delicacies of [insert name here]?
> >>

> No, the point is that there is stilll likely to be an independant
> sub shop or deli or hot dog stand or korean take-out or greasy
> diner as close to you as a franchise place. If you don't
> patronize these places, it will be your fault you are stuck with
> only McFood ValueMenu choices.

Actually as the reference was, I believe, to an establishment named
Jersey Mike's, which a cursory glance at their website indicates
there are none in Canada or in Britain or in New Zealand or anywhere
else than in the continental Untied States, I was merely pointing out
that to refer to it without attribution of geographic limitation was
not considering that a number of posters here have no access to such
"delicacies". I personally do not frequent such establishments.

We who are blessed with living outside the US are burdened with
having to educate some posters and help them overcome their (largely
unconscious) attitude that they are USAians speaking to USAians only
and that there's no one else in the room.

So far, the awareness level is still fairly low, but hey, Rome wasn't
built in a day...:-)

--

"It is easier for a rich man to enter heaven seated
comfortably on the back of a camel, than it is for
a poor man to pass through the eye of a needle."

Supply Side Jesus
Michel Boucher

"Dave W." > wrote in
:

> No. Michel was responding to:
>
>> Jersey Mikes is far and away the best sub chain I've ever tried,
>> much better than Subway or Quiznos.

> The claim concerned Jersey Mikes, "the best SUB CHAIN" ... which
> the poster thinks is better than Subway or Quiznos .... two more
> chains.
>
> I, like Michel, would appreciate knowing where I can find a Jersey
> Mikes, so I can compare it to Subway and/or Quiznos.

Thanks. That makes my point too :-)

--

"It is easier for a rich man to enter heaven seated
comfortably on the back of a camel, than it is for
a poor man to pass through the eye of a needle."

Supply Side Jesus
Michel Boucher

"Dave W." > wrote in
:

On 4-Dec-2004, "Dave W." > wrote:

> The claim concerned Jersey Mikes, "the best SUB CHAIN" ... which the
> poster thinks is better than Subway or Quiznos .... two more chains.
>
> I, like Michel, would appreciate knowing where I can find a Jersey
> Mikes, so I can compare it to Subway and/or Quiznos.
>
> Dave W.

why not try looking on the website? http://www.jerseymikes.com

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

DigitalVinyl

ospam (DJS0302) wrote:

>>I guess you haven't been doing low-carb for long, because the best
>>low-carb products that are really good run in very short supply and
>>regularly become unavailable.
>>

>That's because so few people buy low carb products the grocery stores can't
>make any money off of them. I remember seeing Atkins bread and bagels in the
>health food section of the grocery store for $5.00 for a small loaf of bread or
>a package of six bagels. I'd never buy it and I asked the guy working there if
>they ever sold any. He said they might sell 1package of bagels every other
>week and the rest gets tossed in the garbage. He said the bread never sells.
>He also said as soon as their current supply in the warehouse runs out they
>were going to stop carrying it.

Case in point, lots of Atkins brand products were amongst the first
produced and are really pretty frigging awful in quality. The only
Atkins' branded food I thought was decent was a brownie mix--and it
was mediocre. Some of them were downright nasty tasting-one spoonful
and into the trash it went. But there are good-tasting low-carb
products (usually made by real food companies or small quality
vendors) and they do sell out. Jello sugar free puddings would be
another, Hood Carb COuntdown products when they were first released.
They just released an EggNog that's very good and just came back in
stock this week. Atkins brands don't have a purpose anymore. They were
marketed because none of the normal manufacturers were making low-carb
products. That's not true anymore. Hell I just saw my Stop-n-shop are
carrying a Stop-n-Shop brand of low-carb tortillas.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

DigitalVinyl

ospam (DJS0302) wrote:

>>I guess you haven't been doing low-carb for long, because the best
>>low-carb products that are really good run in very short supply and
>>regularly become unavailable.
>>

>That's because so few people buy low carb products the grocery stores can't
>make any money off of them. I remember seeing Atkins bread and bagels in the
>health food section of the grocery store for $5.00 for a small loaf of bread or
>a package of six bagels. I'd never buy it and I asked the guy working there if
>they ever sold any. He said they might sell 1package of bagels every other
>week and the rest gets tossed in the garbage. He said the bread never sells.
>He also said as soon as their current supply in the warehouse runs out they
>were going to stop carrying it.

Case in point, lots of Atkins brand products were amongst the first
produced and are really pretty frigging awful in quality. The only
Atkins' branded food I thought was decent was a brownie mix--and it
was mediocre. Some of them were downright nasty tasting-one spoonful
and into the trash it went. But there are good-tasting low-carb
products (usually made by real food companies or small quality
vendors) and they do sell out. Jello sugar free puddings would be
another, Hood Carb COuntdown products when they were first released.
They just released an EggNog that's very good and just came back in
stock this week. Atkins brands don't have a purpose anymore. They were
marketed because none of the normal manufacturers were making low-carb
products. That's not true anymore. Hell I just saw my Stop-n-shop are
carrying a Stop-n-Shop brand of low-carb tortillas.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)
Mpoconnor7

>you still have A&P stores! they left minneasota in the fiftys. I
>rmember because one of the familys friends was nuts about a certain A&P
>tea and purchased five store bags of it that as a 9yr old i carryied to
>the car and into the house.. that was 1949. they were gone from the
>midwest by the end of the fiftys
>
>I was told that they could'nt make it in the smal towns they we in

I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelyhood of one individual being right increases in a direct proportion
to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."
Mpoconnor7

>you still have A&P stores! they left minneasota in the fiftys. I
>rmember because one of the familys friends was nuts about a certain A&P
>tea and purchased five store bags of it that as a 9yr old i carryied to
>the car and into the house.. that was 1949. they were gone from the
>midwest by the end of the fiftys
>
>I was told that they could'nt make it in the smal towns they we in

I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelyhood of one individual being right increases in a direct proportion
to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."
Mpoconnor7

>you still have A&P stores! they left minneasota in the fiftys. I
>rmember because one of the familys friends was nuts about a certain A&P
>tea and purchased five store bags of it that as a 9yr old i carryied to
>the car and into the house.. that was 1949. they were gone from the
>midwest by the end of the fiftys
>
>I was told that they could'nt make it in the smal towns they we in

I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelyhood of one individual being right increases in a direct proportion
to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."
Nancy Young

Mpoconnor7 wrote:

> >you still have A&P stores! they left minneasota in the fiftys. I
> >rmember because one of the familys friends was nuts about a certain A&P
> >tea and purchased five store bags of it that as a 9yr old i carryied to
> >the car and into the house.. that was 1949. they were gone from the
> >midwest by the end of the fiftys
> >
> >I was told that they could'nt make it in the smal towns they we in
> >

> I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Oh, no ... they even just built a big new one near me 3 4 years ago.

nancy

Nancy Young

Mpoconnor7 wrote:

> >you still have A&P stores! they left minneasota in the fiftys. I
> >rmember because one of the familys friends was nuts about a certain A&P
> >tea and purchased five store bags of it that as a 9yr old i carryied to
> >the car and into the house.. that was 1949. they were gone from the
> >midwest by the end of the fiftys
> >
> >I was told that they could'nt make it in the smal towns they we in
> >

> I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Oh, no ... they even just built a big new one near me 3 4 years ago.

nancy
Fatboy

grpman wrote:
> Rant for the day:
>
> I'm done with Subway. It's a waste of time going there. Why is it
> that I can go into Walmart (which has a million different products)
> and I can have a 99% chance of finding the item on the shelf, yet I go
> into Subway (which has only ONE product - food) and there is only a
> 25% chance that they have it?
>
> Almost every time I go into Subway, I always get "we don't have that
> bread", "we have no cookies", etc. Instead of asking the customer
> "what do you want", they might as well say "here is what you are
> getting". Why even open the doors.. why go into business? For a big
> chain, you think they would have solved this small problem of "having
> no product to sell".
>
> Some stores think that they are in business to please themselves only.
> I tried going to a particular supermarket at a convenient time (near
> closing when it is not busy). Their produce and salad shelves would
> be empty (I suppose so they wouldn't have to throw anything out).
> They don't seem to realize that they should keep the shelves stocked
> (even if they have to throw a bit out) otherwise the customers will
> take ALL of their business elsewhere.
>
> Of course, writing to the above businesses yeilded no response and no
> change in practice.

I have noticed that it is very different from store to store. I live in
Granbury which has a great selection all the time, but I work in north
Fort Worth with 2 nearby. One at Belknap and Beach is forever out of
this and that, particularly breads. The store on 121 and Riverside is
usually well stocked but many times over run at lunch.
Nancy Young

Fatboy wrote:

> I have noticed that it is very different from store to store. I live in
> Granbury which has a great selection all the time, but I work in north
> Fort Worth with 2 nearby. One at Belknap and Beach is forever out of
> this and that, particularly breads. The store on 121 and Riverside is
> usually well stocked but many times over run at lunch.

I've told this story before, I live near a sub shop (not a chain)
that made the best subs. Not so much anymore, but that's a different
thing. Anyway, you'd call to order a sub for dinner once in a
blue moon, sorry, we're out of sub rolls. HELLO, you're a SUB SHOP!
Happened all the time. Was very annoying.

At any rate, maybe now that it's changed hands, they'll go back to
rare roast beef and hire people who understand the concept of
EXTRA MAYO!

nancy
Nancy Young

Fatboy wrote:

> I have noticed that it is very different from store to store. I live in
> Granbury which has a great selection all the time, but I work in north
> Fort Worth with 2 nearby. One at Belknap and Beach is forever out of
> this and that, particularly breads. The store on 121 and Riverside is
> usually well stocked but many times over run at lunch.

I've told this story before, I live near a sub shop (not a chain)
that made the best subs. Not so much anymore, but that's a different
thing. Anyway, you'd call to order a sub for dinner once in a
blue moon, sorry, we're out of sub rolls. HELLO, you're a SUB SHOP!
Happened all the time. Was very annoying.

At any rate, maybe now that it's changed hands, they'll go back to
rare roast beef and hire people who understand the concept of
EXTRA MAYO!

nancy
MareCat

"Mpoconnor7" > wrote in message
> >Or you can forget Subway and patronize a local sub shop or deli. There

are 2
> >really good mon & pop type stores near me. They use really tasty buns

from a
> >local Italian bakery, everything is good quality and sliced fresh and the
> >prices are good.
> >

> Jersey Mikes is far and away the best sub chain I've ever tried, much

better
> than Subway or Quiznos.

I love Jersey Mike's and much prefer their subs to Subway, Quiznos,
Blimpies, and any other sub chain in my area (even Thundercloud Subs, a
chain here in TX).

JM's subs are just like the subs I grew up eating in the northeastern U.S.

Mary

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mpoconnor7" > wrote in message

> I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Many of the stores morphed into Super Fresh. They were in financial trouble
at one time but I never followed up to see what they did.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mpoconnor7" > wrote in message

> I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Many of the stores morphed into Super Fresh. They were in financial trouble
at one time but I never followed up to see what they did.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mpoconnor7" > wrote in message

> I thought A&P went out of business in the mid 70's.

Many of the stores morphed into Super Fresh. They were in financial trouble
at one time but I never followed up to see what they did.

Grismalkin

>Fatboy wrote:
>
>> I have noticed that it is very different from store to store. I live in
>> Granbury which has a great selection all the time, but I work in north
>> Fort Worth with 2 nearby. One at Belknap and Beach is forever out of
>> this and that, particularly breads. The store on 121 and Riverside is
>> usually well stocked but many times over run at lunch.

>I've told this story before, I live near a sub shop (not a chain)
>that made the best subs. Not so much anymore, but that's a different
>thing. Anyway, you'd call to order a sub for dinner once in a
>blue moon, sorry, we're out of sub rolls. HELLO, you're a SUB SHOP!
>Happened all the time. Was very annoying.
>
>At any rate, maybe now that it's changed hands, they'll go back to
>rare roast beef and hire people who understand the concept of
>EXTRA MAYO!
>
>nancy

There was this sub shop close to where I worked. It was called All V's or
something close. I know there was another one close to Denver University. At
this other one, it was always one guy manning the grill. It was only him,
every time I went there. He was funny and friendly and made a mean
cheesesteak. It was entertaining to watch him cook. His wife and kids came to
the store one day. I could use a good cheesesteak so will have to drive down
south. French fries were served in a cup. And they were good fries! The
place is south on Federal Blvd. maybe on Kentucky Ave. on the west side of the
street. This is in Denver.

Subway seems to toast their sandwiches now. The last one I had wasn't too bad.
I do prefer Quizno's, though. I have never gone to a sub shop to find that
they are out of bread. Subway's bread is like Wonder Bread to me.

I miss Pizza Bob's in Ann Arbor. They made a really good ham and cheese sub
that wasn't filled with lettuce. There was also another sub chain there whose
name escapes me that made a good veggie sub.

Grismalkin