Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Best Japanese restaurants in Los Angeles and Torrance

Best Japanese restaurants in Los Angeles and Torrance

Hello, my name is Norio Hayakawa, with the CIVILIAN INTELLIGENCE
NETWORK
http://www.hometown.aol.com/groom51s4

I live in Torrance, California, a city with probably one of the largest

concentration of Japanese and Japanese Americans in California. I also
work daily near Little Tokyo area of Los Angeles. Therefore, I am quite

familiar with good restaurants near my workplace and also near my home.

Here are my top, highly recommended Japanese restaurants in the Little
Tokyo section of Los Angeles:

1) SUSHI GO 55, located on the third Floor of Mitsuwa Building, 333 S.

Alameda St.
(213/687-0777). Excellent sashimi, generous quantity, freshness
unsurpassed, great sashimi and tempura lunch combination with
succulent, large shrimp tempura, minimum batter, ($12 - $13,
reasonable) LUNCH TIME THE BEST

2) OROCHON RAMEN, located in Weller Court, 123 S. Onizuka St.
(213/617-1766);
great, spicy, red-chile flavored ramen

3) HAZUKI RESTAURANT, located on the second floor of Little Tokyo
Mall; perhaps the only remaining, authentic, Japanese food; only one
cook, he is the owner and he is directly from Japan, highly disciplined

and dedicated to creating the best tasting home-made Japanese food;
menu changes daily; superb food; mostly all-Japanese clientele, casual
O.K. LUNCH TIME THE BEST

4) LYONS, located in Honda Plaza; Japanese version of French-style
food; also French flavored Japanese food; goes both ways; great filet
mignon; salmon

5) NONOHANA, located on the 3rd floor of Mitsuwa Bldg. 333 S. Alameda

St., L.A.; casual, great tempura, great omu-rice (omlette fried rice);
tonkatsu (beef/pork cutlet); lady chef from Japan is owner; miso soup
is probably the best; it comes with pieces of salmon

Here are my top restaurants in the South Bay (Torrance, Gardena):

1) INABA, 20920 Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance (310/371-6675); traditional,

authentic Japanese food; a little on the expensive side; cooks, all
Japanese; used to cater to mostly Japanese businessmen in the South Bay

area

2) SANUKI NO SATO, 18206 S. Western Ave., Torrance. (310/324-9184);
the best Udon (noodles) place ever; also serves traditional Japanese;
casual O.K.

3) TAMATEBAKO, 20801 S. Western Ave., Torrance (310/533-85350; great
Japanese food; nice decor; fairly reasonable; casual O.K., the
specialty: out-of-this-world Kurobuta (Black Pig) cutlet; excellent
chicken cutlet, too; clientele mostly all-Japanese; located on the
first floor of a Japanese-owned hotel; OPEN EVERY DAY; it has to, since

it primarily caters to the hotel guests

4) EBOSHI RAMEN, 2383 W. Lomita Blvd., Lomita. (310/325-6674); great
ramen; combination special of Ramen, Chahan (Japanese version of
Chinese fried rice) and Gyoza; Chahan comes with tasty pork and eggs;
one of the best-tasting Chahan ever

5) ICCHO, 25310 Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance. (310/325-7273); casual;
great food, sushi, sashimi, tempura, you name it; lots of great a la
carte items to go with beer

6) SENNARI SUSHI, 18220 S. Western Ave., Torrance. (310/324-1970);
highly recommended for sushi lovers

7) SHISEN RAMEN, 1730 W. Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance (310/534-1698);
great, spicy, Red chile-flavored ramen; also serves many different
types of a la carte items to go with beer; open till late at night;
usually till around 1:00 a.m.

I also highly recommend the FOOD COURT at MITSUWA MARKET in Torrance,
at Western and Carson; LUNCH TIME THE BEST; closed at 6:30 p.m.

from Norio Hayakawa, with the CIVILIAN INTELLIGENCE NETWORK
http://www.hometown.aol.com/groom51s4