Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Gas Ovens/Stoves...

My parents and grandparents had one that lasted forever. They didn't have
tons of frills, yet they never broke.
I've gone through three now, one electric and two gas. The repair bills get
to the point where it's ridiculous to not purchase a new oven. Does anyone
make a decent priced combo Oven/Stove that doesn't have more electronics and
printed circuit boards than every computer I've ever serviced. I kid you
not, take all the electronics out of any oven on the market today and yank
all the electronics out of any computer sold today and weigh them.

Posted to alt.food.recipes
Tim Tim is offline

take a look at a commercial. little or no frills on them. We have a
thermador a dual fuel, gas cooktop, electric convection oven. has been a gem
for 9 years.

Tim

"Muddle" > wrote in message
. com...
> My parents and grandparents had one that lasted forever. They didn't have
> tons of frills, yet they never broke.
> I've gone through three now, one electric and two gas. The repair bills
> get
> to the point where it's ridiculous to not purchase a new oven. Does
> anyone
> make a decent priced combo Oven/Stove that doesn't have more electronics
> and
> printed circuit boards than every computer I've ever serviced. I kid you
> not, take all the electronics out of any oven on the market today and yank
> all the electronics out of any computer sold today and weigh them.

Posted to alt.food.recipes
Kim Kim is offline

It may be where you live. When I lived in town and used town gas, I went
through two Oven/Stoves, and two Water Heaters. One repairman was kind
enough to show me what "dirty" gas, going through old pipes, could do
appliances. Haven't had a problem since moving out of town.
. com...

Stoves mawil1013 General Cooking 21 11-09-2013 02:30 AM
Are all French ovens Dutch ovens? Karen[_3_] General Cooking 13 25-03-2007 04:06 PM
Convection Ovens / Fan Ovens??? Wayne Boatwright Cooking Equipment 8 03-02-2005 01:26 PM
Electric ovens take longer than gas ovens Nancree General Cooking 4 25-12-2003 02:12 PM
Why are gas stoves hotter than electric stoves? Radium General Cooking 4 25-12-2003 02:33 AM