Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Pecan Praline Cookies

Pecan Praline Cookies

My recipe to share is a favorite of ours since we love caramel icing
and
nuts.
This is my first recipe to share. I am glad to find this club
available!

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. Pecans

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and egg all together
then
add flour and stir. Add baking soda, vanilla, then stir. Then add
Pecans
that have been chopped medium in size. Cool in fridge for 10 minutes
then
shape into balls and flatten to 1/8th inch thickness. Bake cookies
for
10-12 minutes, until golden. Let harden and top with caramel icing.

Caramel Icing:

2 T. real butter
2 T. milk
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. powdered sugar (or more if needed, to thicken icing)
1 tsp. vanilla

Cook butter, milk, brown sugar until boiling. Remove from heat then
add
powdered sugar and stir until very smooth. Now add vanilla, let cool
about
3 minutes, then put on top of cookies

Submitted by: W. Harrison

Cornmeal Pumpkin Cakes with Pecan Praline Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 12-05-2008 03:23 AM
Please Help With Pecan Praline Recipe Lou Decruss[_2_] General Cooking 4 26-11-2007 10:50 PM
Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe! Lisa's Gourmet Baking 7 31-12-2005 06:53 PM
Praline Pecan Crępes Duckie ® Recipes 0 16-09-2005 12:30 PM
Pecan Praline in microwave cathy General Cooking 1 02-12-2004 06:32 AM