Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Tim

Default Peanut Butter Balls

Peanut Butter Balls

makes approx. 72 balls

Combine in large bowl the following:

3 C rice krispies cereal

2 C powdered sugar

1 18 oz jar of chunky Peanut Butter

1 stick of melted margarine

Mix well with hands and shape into 1/2 to 1 inch balls and chill 1

hour. While the balls are chilling Melt 3 C semi sweet chips and a 1

to 2 inch square of paraffin in a double boiler. Using fork and spoon

dip balls in chocolate mixture place on wax paper and chill.

My secret - I freeze the balls on cookie sheets for about 30 - 45

minutes before I dip them - this makes the chocolate set much quicker

especially if you kitchen is overly warm from all the Xmas baking.

This is a good do ahead recipe the can be made months ahead and frozen

until needed.