FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes/)
-   -   Peanut Butter Balls (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes/65752-peanut-butter-balls.html)

Tim 20-07-2005 11:01 PM

Peanut Butter Balls

makes approx. 72 balls

Combine in large bowl the following:

3 C rice krispies cereal

2 C powdered sugar

1 18 oz jar of chunky Peanut Butter

1 stick of melted margarine

Mix well with hands and shape into 1/2 to 1 inch balls and chill 1

hour. While the balls are chilling Melt 3 C semi sweet chips and a 1

to 2 inch square of paraffin in a double boiler. Using fork and spoon

dip balls in chocolate mixture place on wax paper and chill.

My secret - I freeze the balls on cookie sheets for about 30 - 45

minutes before I dip them - this makes the chocolate set much quicker

especially if you kitchen is overly warm from all the Xmas baking.

This is a good do ahead recipe the can be made months ahead and frozen

until needed.